Bluetooth Audio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dmurphy
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Bluetooth Audio in Cadillac SRX Forums; Unfortunately, I'm not writing to say that I've figured how to make it work (I didn't), but I installed a ...
    erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

Bluetooth Audio

Unfortunately, I'm not writing to say that I've figured how to make it work (I didn't), but I installed a Miccus Mini Jack RX with a constant power supply (via a plug in Griffin Powerjolt USB power port). It works very well and it's nice to have the phone connected via Bluetooth. I'd like the factory radio to allow itself to be configured correctly, but no dice. By the way, the Miccus and the USB power port were $38 from Amazon.com. Ive tried everything to make this work (factory BT streaming), but I just can't bring up the BT audio menu, no matter what I do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

htron is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Bluetooth Audio

Has anyone else used this miccus device? is it true that I need it to stream music from my phone to the cts-v's audio system? (taking delivery on a 2014 next week)

Thanks!
    Ron

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by htron View Post
    Has anyone else used this miccus device? is it true that I need it to stream music from my phone to the cts-v's audio system? (taking delivery on a 2014 next week)

Thanks!
    Ron
    Hopefully the 2014's will have streaming BT audio like every other car made today

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

If you have non-nav, then you have GMCONNECT.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I have a 2010 SRX with the Nav/Radio unit. Needless to say there is not built in BT streaming which I found very DUMB on GM's part. My old 3rd party radio in my Infiniti had that. However, I bought the Micus device and it worked great. Then I figured out how much compression BT does to the audio and decided to stop using it. Instead, I now use a retractable jack to the Aux In port. I use the streaming music service MOG.com and connect my Android phone via a jack. There is no compression, unlike BT, and the sound is MUCH better. The Miccus is more of a convenience than anything. I prefer the Aux-In higher fidelity.

However, I have to say that overall the sound system in the 2010 SRX sucks compared to other vehicle I've owned. But I have stereo speakers that cost $40K so what do you expect. This sound system in the SRX is not audiophile quality.

Quote Originally Posted by erdoc48 View Post
    Hopefully the 2014's will have streaming BT audio like every other car made today
    You would think so, wouldn't you?

But as far as I can tell, the 2014's are identical to the 2013's! Surprised me!

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

I'm not going to say definitively, but I am going to argue that these systems ARE capable of streaming audio. I've done it. The problem is trying to use the same device for phone and audio. But if you have a GPS and a phone, separate, you can set them up just fine. If you want to stream audio from your Ipad and use your Iphone, no problem.
    I set up my previous phone (HTC Evo) to do both audio streaming and phone. The problem was with both the car audio AND the phone on switching between the two functions. If I got a call, sometimes the car wouldnt pick up the call. The phone would ring, but not pass it through the audio system. Then when I hung up, the audio wouldnt restart.
    I'd like to have the BT, maybe for something like IHeartRadio, but as Steve says, BT is the worst way to transfer high dynamic range audio. For all the convenience it would be to just automatically connect, the terrible sound quality means it just makes more sense to use the cable.

Well, if it does work like this, that's a bit shameful if you ask me...my 2010 flex handles all this just fine, switching between phone and listening to a podcast on the iphone! In fact, with the app I use, as soon as I start the flex, if it's already set to the BT input, the podcast on the phone starts playing automatically, I don't even have to touch the phone...and the pause/fast forward/etc functions on the car system control the audio on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by htron View Post
    Well, if it does work like this, that's a bit shameful if you ask me...my 2010 flex handles all this just fine, switching between phone and listening to a podcast on the iphone! In fact, with the app I use, as soon as I start the flex, if it's already set to the BT input, the podcast on the phone starts playing automatically, I don't even have to touch the phone...and the pause/fast forward/etc functions on the car system control the audio on the phone.
    I am convinced that the technology is often there but the vendor just holds back on releasing it until a later model year. That is one more way they have of getting people to "upgrade" and buy a new car. But in Cadillac's case, it *is* shameful because it's supposed to be a top tier vehicle with all the bells and whistles. NOT!

dmurphy is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

I'm not sure what issues others are having, but I've had zero issue streaming audio from my iPhone via Bluetooth to my '13 SRX.

It works and even displays track info. I've also used other apps and streamed their audio as well. Not sure why the struggle?

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    I'm not sure what issues others are having, but I've had zero issue streaming audio from my iPhone via Bluetooth to my '13 SRX.

It works and even displays track info. I've also used other apps and streamed their audio as well. Not sure why the struggle?
    Those of us with a 2010 and Nav unit don't have the ability to both stream BT audio and connect the phone at the same time.

dmurphy is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Those of us with a 2010 and Nav unit don't have the ability to both stream BT audio and connect the phone at the same time.
    Understood, but htron's comment:

Quote Originally Posted by htron
    Quote Originally Posted by erdoc48
    You would think so, wouldn't you?
    But as far as I can tell, the 2014's are identical to the 2013's! Surprised me!
    implies that the 2013's do not do BT audio streaming. This is in fact not the case.
    TheCaptain likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.