Wind noise 2011 srx
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Wind noise 2011 srx in Cadillac SRX Forums; Just bought a 2011 Cadillac srx and one thing I noticed is that there seems to be high wind noise ...
    Aggieinohio is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac SRX

Wind noise 2011 srx

Just bought a 2011 Cadillac srx and one thing I noticed is that there seems to be high wind noise coming from the front of the cabin, like near the top of windshield or start of sunroof. Happens at even low speeds around 30 but gets louder with higher speeds. Is this normal or should I hear no noise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Re: Wind noise 2011 srx

no noticeable noise on my 2010......in fact this is the quietest car I've ever owned.

try doing an express open/close of the sunroof....i know on my wife's cts this seems to 'reseal' the seal and quiet things down.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

No, this is NOT normal. If it's coming from the top of the windshield, more than likely that's a replacement windshield. I only say this because a poorly fitted windshield is more probable if done aftermarket. Do you know the history of the car? If not, ask the dealer if the windshield has ever been replaced. If it's the sunroof, it has built-in adjustments that can fix this. I think way back in the day you were pretty much stuck with an ill fitted sunroof. They've since learned from this and most (including ours) have adjustment screws to correct alignment issues. One of the glass panels on mine was ever so slightly raised right where the two panels meet. Most people would never have noticed it. There were no wind or water leaks. I just didn't like the way it looked and I knew it was supposed to be even. They adjusted it and now they're both perfectly even.

Either way, if you're getting wind noise "inside" the cabin, that's an opportunity for water intrusion, which is never a good thing. I would tend to this ASAP, before you get caught in the rain.

Sube

22velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cadillac srx performance

A way that I use to pinpoint leaks is to take a strip of masking tape and put it across the front seam of the sunroof. If that stops the wind noise then you know the source. the same thing goes for the windshield, take a strip of tape and run it across the windshield header. I learned this trick years ago when they had Fisher Body reps for GM. Frank

ginjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I had wind noise on brand new 2012. I could silence the noise by putting masking tape over joint between roof and liftgate. Even with this clue dealer could not fix. Its worse on windy days, especially with a headwind.

Aggieinohio is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac SRX
    Thank you all for the ideas. I will do some experimenting myself, then when I have my oil changed talk to the dealership about the issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Aggieinohio,
    Hopefully your experiments yield some good data for you so that this wind noise concern can get resolved. Be sure to keep us updated on how your visit to the dealership goes, and if you should need anything in the meantime we're available to you. Please don't hesitate to contact us via private message with more information (including the last 8 digits of you VIN) so we can better assist.
    Sarah G. (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.