Latest road trip - finally saw 25 MPG on one tankful - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Latest road trip - finally saw 25 MPG on one tankful in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by packardv8 Just returned from a 2000-mile round trip from Spokane, WA to southern Utah in a 2011 ...
    GEORGEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 DHS

Re: Latest road trip - finally saw 25 MPG on one tankful

Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    Just returned from a 2000-mile round trip from Spokane, WA to southern Utah in a 2011 3.0 XWD. Tires were 39 PSI cold and usually 41 on the road.

When the car was new, it averaged around 20-22 on the highway. Now with 15,000 on the odometer, this trip was 23.7 MPG and one tank in areas with lower speed limits was 25. Most of the rest of the time was 75-80 MPH on cruise control through the mountains.

One fact I ascertained is using the air conditioning definitely costs at least one MPG. Naturally, on a hot day, it's worth the cost many times over. However, on this trip, the daytime temps were 50-60. On the way down, I didn't think about turning off the AC. MPG was 22.5. Today, same road with AC off, the average was 23.7.

jack vines

One tankful does not tell you any accurate information regarding fuel economy. You need to manually calculate over at least three tanks full. There is just too much variation in the "fill up" point on only one tank.

I record the odometer reading on every gas purchase receipt. That way I can calculate accurate fuel economy numbers.

George

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

packardv8.....

Must have been rolling down hill alot!!!!!!

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Drove to Santa Barbara from Los Angeles last Sunday and with a steady 65-70 mph got 25.5 mpg, on the way home it was stop and go and slow on the freeway and the MPG on the screen went down to 22.1 Front wheel drive two adults onboard with the AC blowing all of the way there and back.
    It's in the city I only get around 15-16 if I'm lucky.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by westham
    Drove to Santa Barbara from Los Angeles last Sunday and with a steady 65-70 mph got 25.5 mpg, on the way home it was stop and go and slow on the freeway and the MPG on the screen went down to 22.1 Front wheel drive two adults onboard with the AC blowing all of the way there and back.
    It's in the city I only get around 15-16 if I'm lucky.
    Most can't drive that "slow" Speed does make a difference in MPG That 15-16 seems too low to me

mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

It is nice to see someone getting decent gas mileage. So far mine is TERRIBLE my best average for combined is 15.2. Usually it has been in the 14.1-14.4 range. I have been hoping to see the gas mileage increase but am VERY doubtful that it will. Granted- the car is only a month old with 850 miles on it, but I was hoping for better mpg than a large suv.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Interesting information from each of the posts, my '13 3.6L FWD with 500 miles and obviously a tight engine is averaging 22.4 going back & forth to work 60 mile round trip mostly expressway (50 of the 60 miles) with mostly cruise on set to 68 mornings & 70 afternoon. My '06 CTS 3.6L 18" wheels 50 series tires, averaged 22.9 to 23.6 for over 100,000 miles, so I can acutally see the SRX matching or exceeding my CTS's MPG averages. The CTS acutally used to be better before the 10% ethanol addition to gasoline started. On the instantaneous readout I would see 27 mpg on level expressway steady speed of 70, after the ethanol it dropped to 26 mpg on the same stretch of road.

Does the SRX have "instantaneous MPG on the DIC? I haven't come across it yet.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    Interesting information from each of the posts, my '13 3.6L FWD with 500 miles and obviously a tight engine is averaging 22.4 going back & forth to work 60 mile round trip mostly expressway (50 of the 60 miles) with mostly cruise on set to 68 mornings & 70 afternoon. My '06 CTS 3.6L 18" wheels 50 series tires, averaged 22.9 to 23.6 for over 100,000 miles, so I can acutally see the SRX matching or exceeding my CTS's MPG averages. The CTS acutally used to be better before the 10% ethanol addition to gasoline started. On the instantaneous readout I would see 27 mpg on level expressway steady speed of 70, after the ethanol it dropped to 26 mpg on the same stretch of road.

Does the SRX have "instantaneous MPG on the DIC? I haven't come across it yet.
    Hello MJDART,

Thank you for posting your MPG experience. I hope your SRX continues to match or exceed your previous MPG averages on your CTS also. There is an instantaneous fuel economy on your SRX. This can be found on page 5-28 of your owners manual. If you have additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

MJDart, the '13+ SRX does have instantaneous reading, you just need to go into your DIC options and turn that page on. It's off default from the factory.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

Made another heavily loaded 1500-mile round trip Spokane/Salt Lake. This is through the mountains first half and rolling plains second half. The average speed readout for the entire 1500 was 73 MPH, so mostly 75-81 MPH cruise control running.

The average MPG off the computer readout was 21.5. The Goodyear snow tires seem to knock about .5 off the average of the Michelins.

jack vines

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

99.9% of my driving is in town. I have never seen the average MPG exceed 17.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    I can get close to 25, although I must keep my speed under 70 and closer to 65MPH. Anything more and it's 24 or less. I do gave AWD.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Los Angeles to Las Vegas and back over Thanksgiving returned a 23.7 MPG at an average speed of 67.5 MPH so I'm pleased with that. :-)

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    99.9% of my driving is in town. I have never seen the average MPG exceed 17.
    This next week the temperature here will be down in the single digits. With cold starts for short in-town trips, so will the MPG. This 3.0 XWD will be around 12-14 MPG. That's by far the lowest of any modern car we've owned. But then, it's by far the heaviest, widest tires and all-wheel-drive.

jack vines

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I'm glad to see the gen 2 has the ability to do 25 mpg on the hwy. I may be leasing my 4 th SRX soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.