Great Deal on my new 2013 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Great Deal on my new 2013 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; UPDATED POST I just wanted to pass along to anyone who is even thinking about buying a new SRX in ...
    Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Great Deal on my new 2013 SRX

UPDATED POST

I just wanted to pass along to anyone who is even thinking about buying a new SRX in the near future. Especially if you are in the NY, NJ, CT, MA area. It might be worth a drive, to save a few thousand dollars.

My local Cadillac dealer was not willing to move much at all on the price. Twice (once on my 2010 SRX Purchase, and now on my 2013), I walked out of there because they seemed very unwilling to work with me.

I wanted FWD. Their response "Yeah, most people upstate request AWD, so that's mostly what we have". No offer to locate me one, and swap, or order one.

As far as negotiations, my local dealer said "Oh, there's not much room to move on the SRX . . maybe we can knock a few hundred off". I said - thanks for your time, and I left.

Thanks to the modern day internet, I am able to reach out to dealers within a 4 hour radius and negotiate prices.

I found a dealership and sales rep that was awesome to work with. They gave me 115% of what I owed on my previous SRX (meanwhile other dealers were offering 70-85% of what I currently owed on it). And that was without even seeing the trade (subject to inspection). They got me "out the door" (including tag, title, tax) for less than what other dealers were quoting me as their "bottom" starting price . . then I had to add on tag, title, tax, etc.

In short, they were awesome to work with. I drove 3 hours to pick up my car and it was a nice day. We enjoyed the ride. And we drove home in our 2013 SRX, saving thousands of dollars compared to our local, and other dealers.

At the close of the deal, I was taking some photos of my new SRX in the lot . . and I asked my sales rep if there was anything I can do to say thank you? A letter to GM? or your manager? He said . . just spread the word. Send people my way and I will give them the best deal I can.

If you are in the area . . . it won't hurt to reach out to my sales rep. If he can't help you, he can't help you. But it cant hurt to see if you can save too!

UPDATED AREA OF POST:

When I posted this, I offered to share the salesmen contact info if you PM me. Then, when I reread this it sounded silly lol. So here:

City Cadillac in Long Island City
    Call and ask for Scott Levine

My Dealer Could not come close to this deal
    CT dealer offered to get me out the door (tax, trade, etc) for $45,600
    City Cadillac - THOUSANDS LESS THAN THAT - out the door.

End update post

And really - I have no ties to the dealership, and don't work for GM lol. I have been on this site for a few years now and simply enjoy my SRX. I am just passing along some good info. Take it or leave it I am sure there are great deals to be found elsewhere too . . just sharing mine.

Photo 1 (We stopped at The Bear's Steakhouse for Dinner, on the way home.)
    2013_SRX_bears.jpg
    Jake2010 and Jake2010 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Great Deal on my new 2013 SRX

She's a BEAUTY!

Great to hear that you were able to get such an awesome deal on line! I am sure you will love your new 13 SRX!

BTW: Did you happen to notice the difference in the ride, the more comfortable seats and even how quiet your new SRX is yet? It has been enhanced and improved quite a bit since the first year of the GEN II SRXs.

Hey, Thanks Marc!

The quietness is absolutely amazing. I posted about that in another thread too. It hit us coming home, in the middle of Rush Hour traffic, getting out of Queens. We just looked at each other in amazement. Here in this hell of a traffic jam, it was as if we were the only vehicle on the road. Sure, we could hear OUR motor a bit and sounds related to OUR SRX. But it was very rare we heard even a single noise from any of the cars around us. We put on some classical music and it was just awesome. (Note: Not always a classical music kinda guy lol . . but I do enjoy it when the mood is right).

As for the comfort . . .there are two things for me (so far). At first I felt the seats had cheapened in their feel. Then I was wondering if maybe that was because I stepped down from a Premium to a Luxury model? Or maybe it was simply because I had become used to the worn in seats of the 2010, and these were brand new and tight. Not sure. But I did feel a little bit let down on the actual texture of the seats. On the other hand - YES. Yes. And YES. There is a big difference in the comfort. Driving long distances is not a chore. It's like driving a big black cotton ball. Cruise control - On. Classical Piano - On. Cue Navigation - On. The world around us - off. It was a great ride back home.

That reminds me . . . what a really nice upgrade in the Nav, compared to the 2010. the CUE system integrates the NAV beautifully. I love the clouds and stars . . and it is so much more accurate. I must admit that the 2010 Rising Nav (once cool but now looks outdated lol) took a LOT of getting used to, and caused us a few mishaps on long trips. For example, the 2010 Nave would tell us "Turn Right" . . . however, the actual turn was about .2 miles ahead, according to the map image. We would panic, turn right immediately and be on the wrong road. Happened more than once !!! And that would suck when we travel in NJ . . with no left turns.

The 2013 Nave is much cleaner. She tells you "Get ready to turn right" and then at the correct time "Turn right" That is much less nerve wracking.

Overall: There was a sadness when I turned in my 2010 Premium AWD , Plat Ice, with dual DVD screens, cooled seats, and every bell and whistle you can imagine . . . and stepped into the Black Raven Lux model with Nav. I felt as if I made the wrong decision on color and model.

In the past two days, I have learned to love the new SRX, and even the Black color. It's official (yet way more difficult to keep clean lol) looking. The chrome pops with the black. I love CUE and the new side blind spot alert very much. I have now let go (emotionally haha) to the 2010 and am in love with the 2013

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Just another comment, did you happen to notice how the new NAV zooms in and out depending on where you are during your programed trip? If you haven't used a programed destination you need to try it out.... very cool in deed. I also had similar experiences with my old NAV where I wasn't sure if I was suppose to turn right immediately after I heard the directions. The new NAV also will tell you at times to "take the second right" so you know for sure not to take the first right that is coming up upon you. It is a lot easier to understand and follow the new voice instructions too!

YES . . loves how it zooms in and out! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that it gives you (in the upper left corner of the screen) a visual of how many lanes are in the highway . . . and which ones will be going in what direction at a break off up ahead. That is soooo nice to have. Not talking about the right side where you can see an exit and the number of lanes . . but rather the left upper. It may show something like 4 lanes total . . with arrows pointing straight ahead on the left two lanes, and arrows turning right on the right two lanes. This is so helpful to know what lane to be in ahead of time.

Sometimes, in heave traffic . . I work my way all the way to the far right lane .. and it's a nightmare. Because I have an exit coming up. Only to find out that the two right lanes are both turning and I was fine right where I was lol.

This problem has now been solved

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

A very nice ride! The dealers like the first one which wouldn't deal are rapidly becoming dinosaurs in a cyber buying world. I purchased our 2012 SRX4 Premium by sending emails to the four closest Cadillac Dealers with the SRX I wanted with supporting build sheets and costs both retail and invoice. I listed what I was willing to pay and what I expected on trade in for our 2009 Infiniti FX35. Two of the four dealers didn't even bother to reply, the third one replied but advised they didn't quote prices or discuss business over the internet. The fourth dealer Thompson MacConnell Cadillac, Cincinnati, Ohio not only sent a responding email they followed up with a phone call from the sales manager C.J. MacConnell. We basically had a deal worked out before I stepped into the dealership. What's the difference between TMC and the other three dealers? TMC got not only my sale but three friends and two family members since then. Congrats on a great deal and a fine ride.

paid4c4 - I agree 100%. It seems as if some of these dealerships forget that we have the world at our fingertips. I can shop around for the best deal and not even leave my home. Long gone, are the days where they forced you into a room for hours . . . trying to humiliate you into paying more.

I too reached out to many dealerships, and went with my best option. Some dealers (like the one in Ct) tried very hard to compete via email and stay in the game - but simply could not beat the price I had on the table. Other dealerships did not even respond, or if they did it was a form letter response, which would be in no relation whatsoever to my initial contact and offer email to them.

I am glad to see that SOME dealerships are rising above the old ways, and understanding how easy it is for shoppers to compare and buy now. These are the Dealerships that will shine on.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

I am glad to say that the dealerships who are cyber connected are gaining in number. So far we've bought an Infiniti, Corvette, Cadillac and even a Harley Davidson on line from dealers who wanted our business. I think the days of "turn over men" and high pressure clowns are over, I know they are for this happy camper.
    Bill

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    paid4c4 - I agree 100%. It seems as if some of these dealerships forget that we have the world at our fingertips. I can shop around for the best deal and not even leave my home. Long gone, are the days where they forced you into a room for hours . . . trying to humiliate you into paying more.

I too reached out to many dealerships, and went with my best option. Some dealers (like the one in Ct) tried very hard to compete via email and stay in the game - but simply could not beat the price I had on the table. Other dealerships did not even respond, or if they did it was a form letter response, which would be in no relation whatsoever to my initial contact and offer email to them.

I am glad to see that SOME dealerships are rising above the old ways, and understanding how easy it is for shoppers to compare and buy now. These are the Dealerships that will shine on.
    Funny, but so true.

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

Enjoy the new wheels Kuya . I Love the look of the raven , it looks very bold. My Platinum looks so clean and white , very crisp as long as it is clean. I must say I do love how quiet and comfortable the drive is , isolated but just enough road feel. Enjoy every mile .

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Congrats, and thanks for staying with GM. A rural dealer, instead of a metro dealer, has always offered up to $2500.00 more on trade in, and a more willingness to work with me. Worth the drive for sure.

Thanks showman! The Raven is a very official looking color. I was sad at first, when I traded in the Platinum ICE, as it had a very upscale appeal to it, and was certainly a head turner on the road. At first, when I picked up my Raven, I felt as if I was going through "Platinum - Withdrawal " LOL. But I have now adjusted and I love the Raven. It's a very sharp looking vehicle and it too, is a head turner. I see people in BMW's stretching their necks to see what this beauty is

GmJim - Thanks! I can understand your view on rural/metro, however this was the exact opposite for me. All the rural dealers I reached out to, simply would not move, or did not even respond to my emails. . you know, the "Ask a question icon" on the website. Sometimes I actually used the "Make an offer" icon and made a direct offer. All I got back was a form letter about what a great vehicle the SRX was. Why even have these options on your website if you are not going to use them?

It was the dealer in Queens, NYC that jumped at my initial call . . stayed on top of things, and gave me far more for my trade and came down thousands on the SRX, lower than any other offer. Not only that but my local dealer basically shrugged its shoulders and said "We don't have any of the FWD, Ravens, with Nav . . . would you consider another color?" I am sorry . . . but WHAT??? When a customer tells you what you want and is paying a large amount of money for it . . . don't offer to put them in something they didn't ask for . . GO GET IT for them. The City Cadillac in Queens did not have the vehicle I Wanted. But they found it about 45 minutes away and did a swap out for it.

When I am ready to trade this in, I will call City Cadillac again.

----------

I will just add that my local Cadillac Dealership has always been, and remains top notch for service. Their service department is professional, courteous, and really great to work with. If only the sales department (including management) could go back and get retrained for the modern day buyer. This is not 1986 anymore. I will never, again . . sit in a cubicle style room for 2 hours playing the 4 box game.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Great job and thanks for sharing the experience!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

No buyer's remorse is rare. Being treated well enough to spread the word is even less common.

For those of us who don't often buy new, asking for the "out-the-door" is well to remember. Dealers continue to tack on as extras that which was formerly included. "Document fees" is my pet peeve. Doing the f-ing paperwork has always been a part of the new car business. To charge extra for their own internal friction is just a joke on us.

jack vines

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8
    No buyer's remorse is rare. Being treated well enough to spread the word is even less common.

For those of us who don't often buy new, asking for the "out-the-door" is well to remember. Dealers continue to tack on as extras that which was formerly included. "Document fees" is my pet peeve. Doing the f-ing paperwork has always been a part of the new car business. To charge extra for their own internal friction is just a joke on us.

jack vines
    I spend alot of time in South Jersey for work. I have found that most if not all dealers in the area charge nearly $300 in admin fees and they are both preprinted on invoices and non-negotiable. I have always been able to make these fees disappear, but in this area it seems that's not the case. I will not be buying a car at a dealership where this blatant overcharging is S O P. Dealers in general will not give you an out the door price. It seems that after you make a deal you are led into the finance office. High pressure sales of extended warranties, paint and fabric protection, wheel and tire insurance, even rustproofing and undercoating continue to rear their ugly head. I don't specifically ask for out the door pricing, but do discuss all these additional products with the sales rep. Still the finance person manages to create an ugly situation at times.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.