Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Buzzing sound

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hambone8 
#1 ·
Weird ass problem... I've recently developed an odd buzzing sound that emits from what I think is the right passenger door speaker. Of course it doesn't happen every day, but when it does it seems to be affected by acceleration which made me think something is off with the bose active noise cancellation system. I recorded the sound on my iphone the first time I heard it and took into the dealership. It's very clear to hear. I thought they had taken apart the door for a mirror replacement and something wasn't bolted all the way down. They tested it... of course the sound couldnt be reproduced and they said they didnt take anything off the door. It's happened 3 or 4 times since Easter (first occurrence). I've turned off the hvac, CUE system, disabled bluetooth on my phone, and turned off the phone. I can't find the cause and it's freaking driving me nuts when it happens. The dealership said they can't fix anything unless they can reproduce it. Anyone else running into this oddity?

#2 ·
All the noise producers are off, and when you speed up the buzzing happens? I would say its the active noise cancellation. I don't know how to fix it though, it could be a speaker replacement or a CUE reprogram.

#3 ·
Hello hambone8,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. The next time this occurs make note of the current conditions such as weather, temperature, if it happened on a cold start or while the car has been running for a while. Please private message us if you want me to assist you with this issue when it happens or if you need help setting up a dealership appointment.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#4 ·
Thanks Laura! I'll keep that in mind the next time it occurs. If the timing is right, I thought about going straight to the dealership the next time it occurs. I'm guessing I'm one of few reporting a this issue.

----------

I forgot about one last device to disconnect. An iPhone 4 sitting in the hidden cubby. That's the last item I can think of. Ill disconnect the next time it happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.