Will HID Ever Be Available Without Performance or Premium?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Will HID Ever Be Available Without Performance or Premium? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Pardon my skipping the Cadillac site, but I'm wondering about HID. It seems that with each model year, some more ...
    300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Will HID Ever Be Available Without Performance or Premium?

Pardon my skipping the Cadillac site, but I'm wondering about HID. It seems that with each model year, some more options are bundled into lower trim levels. I'm wondering if for MY 2013 or perhaps 2014, HID headlamps are made available as either a standalone option or included below the top 2 trims. TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Will HID Ever Be Available Without Performance or Premium?

I'm guessing not. HID's are a more 'premium' look and use, so they stay on the top trims to keep some separation between them. GM has done this since the early '00's so I don't think they will change in the next two years.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain
    I'm guessing not. HID's are a more 'premium' look and use, so they stay on the top trims to keep some separation between them. GM has done this since the early '00's so I don't think they will change in the next two years.
    I must disagree with you. HID have become more common and are often standard on luxury vehicles. While I can see this for GM as a while, Cadillac is a premium luxury brand. Acura may be my next choice.

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    I must disagree with you. HID have become more common and are often standard on luxury vehicles. While I can see this for GM as a while, Cadillac is a premium luxury brand. Acura may be my next choice.
    I have had this conversation with a couple of GM engineers and a Marketing Mgr. from Cadillac in Detroit and their response is that there are buyers who don't want all the bells and whistles on their vehicles. There are some who do not even want to pay for the remote starter on a vehicle let alone pay any extra money for the HIDs. GM makes the base SRX for those buyers that just want the great looks of the SRX without any of the extra cost frills.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY
    I have had this conversation with a couple of GM engineers and a Marketing Mgr. from Cadillac in Detroit and their response is that there are buyers who don't want all the bells and whistles on their vehicles. There are some who do not even want to pay for the remote starter on a vehicle let alone pay any extra money for the HIDs. GM makes the base SRX for those buyers that just want the great looks of the SRX without any of the extra cost frills.
    While understand the Base level being available for certain buyers, the Luxury gives alot of add-ons. I certainly don't need remote start, HDD, and DVD capability. I did want more than the base trim and I'm satisfied with the Base and NAV. I DON'T want or need bigger wheels and tires,cooled seats and a significant jump I'm price. Making HID available as a standalone option, just like NAV would satisfying buyers IMO. The jump in price from Luxury to Performance is significantly more than the cost of HID. I gladly paid extra for the NAV for the lager screen if nothing else. I have quickly grown to like having the NAV. Ala Carte options used to be the norm on domestic vehicles, with option bundling found more frequently on imports. I remember when the CTS first came along and I was put off by this bundling even then. I guess buyers like myself are stuck with compromise or tinkering when it comes to brighter headlamps. Try as I did, I could NOT afford the Performance Trim.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Luxury trim started at $40,515. Performance Trim started at $44,330 Those HID lights by themselves would have been about a $2,000 option, about half of the roughly $4,000 cost of Performance trim over Luxury trim. Its not just the lights but the sensors and motors for the adaptive left/right and up/down movement. Don't forget it comes with headlamp washers, too.

The rest of the cost goes toward:

Glide-up touch-screen navigation*
    ZF Servotronic® 224 (Variable Assist Power Steering)
    10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system
    Fog lamps
    20” machined-face cast aluminum wheels with premium painted accents

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps
    Luxury trim started at $40,515. Performance Trim started at $44,330 Those HID lights by themselves would have been about a $2,000 option, about half of the roughly $4,000 cost of Performance trim over Luxury trim. Its not just the lights but the sensors and motors for the adaptive left/right and up/down movement. Don't forget it comes with headlamp washers, too.

The rest of the cost goes toward:

Glide-up touch-screen navigation*
    ZF Servotronic® 224 (Variable Assist Power Steering)
    10-speaker Bose® 5.1 surround sound system
    Fog lamps
    20” machined-face cast aluminum wheels with premium painted accents
    I'm not sure about the pricing you're citing, but the stickers at my dealer showed $50k plus for performance. I will admit that I didn't do alot if research on price ahead of time but I generally do this before buying a new vehicle. I really like my SRX, HID aside, but can't see trying to trade it in anytime soon. I traded in my wife's old vehicle and don't want to lose that equity either. Having said all that, if I could make a deal on a new SRX and keep my payment the same, I'd jump on it. Thanks for the feedback Marc. BTW- I would gladly pay another 2K for HID if that were possible but OEM only for me.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    My prices were for 2012 from Cadillac. Com front wheel drive

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps
    My prices were for 2012 from Cadillac. Com front wheel drive
    I forgot to add AWD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.