What Percentage For Service?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What Percentage For Service? in Cadillac SRX Forums; My oil life monitor is at 33%. I need to have the small flap where tailgate latches reinstalled, it came ...
    300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

What Percentage For Service?

My oil life monitor is at 33%. I need to have the small flap where tailgate latches reinstalled, it came loose and I wound up pulling it out, and would like to have it put back during my next service visit. I was thinking >20% is about right, but maybe it's lower. So where is the threshold? I have about 6100 miles on my SRX, so I must comply with Cadillac's warranty parameters for scheduled maintenance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: What Percentage For Service?

The Cadillac dealers will wait to change your oil until it reaches 20% left on the OLM. That being said I would call them to ask them if you could bring your SRX in sooner for your oil change because you have other warranty work to be done on your vehicle.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Re: What Percentage For Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    The Cadillac dealers will wait to change your oil until it reaches 20% left on the OLM. That being said I would call them to ask them if you could bring your SRX in sooner for your oil change because you have other warranty work to be done on your vehicle.
    Thanks Marc. I'm actually away on business for another 6 weeks or so. I'll wait at least that long to bring it in. The Cadillac dealer in the area where I am has a horrible reputation, particularly in the service dept. This is from the first hand account of a coworker. Even a salesman there confirmed that if you don't buy your car from them they will openly treat you as a second class customer or worse. That little flap has been out for a while now, so it bothers me less each day. I'll probably drive another 1K miles or so by the time I'm ready to get service. The monitor should be down below 20% by then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.