Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system

23K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  pissedoffwookiee 
#1 ·
Picking up my 2013 SRX Luxury with Nav. The Nav upgrade includes the "Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system"

What are your thoughts on the system, compared to the standard Bose system without Nav?

I have a 2010 Premium SRX, trading in, with premium Bose - but the Surround sound system is new for 2013 (I think). Will I notice a real difference or is it just hype?

#2 ·
Enjoy the ride and the sound system. The surround feature was included in my 2012 Performance package and when you play a CD or some tunes from your iPod or other device you will notice a difference in the surround vs. stereo mode. I think it is a pretty dramatic difference especially if the SRX is parked or if you have little road noise. Good luck with your ride!

#3 ·
My '10 Premium had a Bose Centerpoint Sound system, but you can easily hear a difference in the quality between the '10 and the '13's speakers. I don't know what they changed, but its got a lot more bass and clarity now!

#5 ·
I have this option and hear no difference with Centerpoint at all. I'm also not impressed with the overall sound quality of the audio system. I'm not very demanding in this area, but have heard much better in my previous vehicles. I don't want to fool around with replacing speakers, adding amps or sound processing gear etc. So I put up with a so-so audio system in my SRX. I listen to alot of spoken word too. Both books and talk programs.

#7 ·
I have the Nav system with 10 speaker 5.1 surround in my 2012. Not sure if this is the same as the "centerpoint" system or not, since that term is not used in the window sticker description. In any event, I'd say it is a pretty decent system. Certainly better than many of the systems I have had in other vehicles, including some big name companies. It easily outperforms the Alpine premium system in another vehicle I own. I'd rate the bass on my system as pretty good, especially for an 8" sub-woofer. Certainly no match for a 12" sub with it's own amp, but not many cars come from the factory equipped that way. I agree, that it comes down to individual taste and expectations.

Phil

#8 ·
I have the Nav system with 10 speaker 5.1 surround in my 2012. Not sure if this is the same as the "centerpoint" system or not, since that term is not used in the window sticker description. In any event, I'd say it is a pretty decent system. Certainly better than many of the systems I have had in other vehicles, including some big name companies. It easily outperforms the Alpine premium system in another vehicle I own. I'd rate the bass on my system as pretty good, especially for an 8" sub-woofer. Certainly no match for a 12" sub with it's own amp, but not many cars come from the factory equipped that way. I agree, that it comes down to individual taste and expectations.

Phil
When using the EQ settings, you'll see an option to select either Stereo or Centerpoint. I haven't checked the window sticker, but DO see these choices.

#10 ·
Update: I traded in my 2010 Premium (with premium upgraded sound) yesterday, and brought home my 2013 Luxury SRX with Nav and upgraded Premium Bose Centerpoint.

Yes, I hear a tremendous difference. I love it compared to the 2010. HOWEVER, I can not deny that part of it may simply be due to the fact that the 2013 has a tremendously improved sound reduction (reducing noise from the outside). This may have much to do with my impression of the improved sound quality.

All I can say is that there is a difference, in my opinion and I love the overall quality.

#12 ·
Thanks Marc. Should be all set now :)

BTW . . . I will say again . . the noise reduction in the 2013 (compared to the 2010) is unbelievable! We got the best deal we could find out in Queens (about 3 hours from home). Driving home, in the new SRX . . . we suddenly looked at each other . .. "Hey, we'e in rush traffic on a 10 lane merging highway with big rigs, loud motorcycles, and construction going on . . . and all we hear is our own SRX". It was a beautiful moment!

#14 ·
I was really bummed to find out the '13 system was not 5.1, and would not play my DVD-A, DTS, or Dolby Surround discs. So, my extensive collection is worthless now unless I listen to them on my home theater system. Funny thing my wife's '12 Prius v will play them, but the JBL system is not 5.1, or surround for that matter. Her system will also play DVDs. I contacted Laura M. to express my displeasure and hopefully Cadillac will realize not all their customers are 30-somethings who prefer iPods, mp3 and USB drives for their tunes. The Centerpoint Surround system is excellent, but I prefer the real thing to faux 5.1. I guess Cadillac wanted to save a few bucks and not include the software for 5.1.

#15 ·
I contacted Bose about my concerns. The PR person sent me the spec sheet supposedly for the '13 SRX and it clearly states it's a 5.1 system, but I noticed the SRX pictured was a '12. There was a notation in the title of the pdf that it was a MMC. She suggested Cadillac made the change on their own and was surprised we got the Centerpoint system instead.

#16 ·
Anyone know EXACTLY the size and number of speakers in a 2013 SRX with the Bose 10 spkr package?
I am assuming this configuration or on of the 2
2x apillar tweeters
2x front door woofers
2x rear door woofers
2x tailgate woofers
1xsubwoofer?
1x dash speaker

OR
2x apillar tweeters
2x front door woofers
2x rear door woofers
2x tailgate woofers
2x rear door tweeters

OR

#17 ·
it is 5.1 but with the loss of the dvd player there is no real way to feed it a true surround sound so the system can replicate it.....all years of this gen srx can do that but for some reason Cadillac downgraded the disc player in CUE from the Delphi pop up radio....all gen2 SRX bose upgraded radios are centerpoint one area of improvement was for '13 when SRX interior was redone to accommodate CUE bose active sound cancellation was added this probably explains the quieter cabin...right now the only way to feed this system true suround is if you opt for the rear entertainment, which brings back the dvd player....overall nice sounding system...bass performance ranges from adequately good to weak depending on the type of music...meaning it gives decent bass but the sub can easily be overwhelmed by bass heavy music....my wife brought this to my attention when she compared the two radios from my car to hers....she asked why my stereo sounded better....i told her after checking it out it doesn't really sound better, but my car seems to have more depth and range, and told her this is most likely due to having a larger sub in a smaller cabin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.