Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system in Cadillac SRX Forums; Picking up my 2013 SRX Luxury with Nav. The Nav upgrade includes the "Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system" ...
    Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system

Picking up my 2013 SRX Luxury with Nav. The Nav upgrade includes the "Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system"

What are your thoughts on the system, compared to the standard Bose system without Nav?

I have a 2010 Premium SRX, trading in, with premium Bose - but the Surround sound system is new for 2013 (I think). Will I notice a real difference or is it just hype?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

witz5557 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 AWD Performance SRX
    Enjoy the ride and the sound system. The surround feature was included in my 2012 Performance package and when you play a CD or some tunes from your iPod or other device you will notice a difference in the surround vs. stereo mode. I think it is a pretty dramatic difference especially if the SRX is parked or if you have little road noise. Good luck with your ride!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system

My '10 Premium had a Bose Centerpoint Sound system, but you can easily hear a difference in the quality between the '10 and the '13's speakers. I don't know what they changed, but its got a lot more bass and clarity now!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

shoeman is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

I will chime in with my nickels worth here. It is a very clear sound , my only remark is that there is to much base , even after adjusting down the base and kicking up the tweeters.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

I have this option and hear no difference with Centerpoint at all. I'm also not impressed with the overall sound quality of the audio system. I'm not very demanding in this area, but have heard much better in my previous vehicles. I don't want to fool around with replacing speakers, adding amps or sound processing gear etc. So I put up with a so-so audio system in my SRX. I listen to alot of spoken word too. Both books and talk programs.

Interesting . . . I guess it comes down to individual tastes and preferences. Thanks for everyone's input.

I have the premium system in my 2010 . . . it's nice - but was hoping to see a noticeable improvement.

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

I have the Nav system with 10 speaker 5.1 surround in my 2012. Not sure if this is the same as the "centerpoint" system or not, since that term is not used in the window sticker description. In any event, I'd say it is a pretty decent system. Certainly better than many of the systems I have had in other vehicles, including some big name companies. It easily outperforms the Alpine premium system in another vehicle I own. I'd rate the bass on my system as pretty good, especially for an 8" sub-woofer. Certainly no match for a 12" sub with it's own amp, but not many cars come from the factory equipped that way. I agree, that it comes down to individual taste and expectations.

Phil

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by phunter1 View Post
    I have the Nav system with 10 speaker 5.1 surround in my 2012. Not sure if this is the same as the "centerpoint" system or not, since that term is not used in the window sticker description. In any event, I'd say it is a pretty decent system. Certainly better than many of the systems I have had in other vehicles, including some big name companies. It easily outperforms the Alpine premium system in another vehicle I own. I'd rate the bass on my system as pretty good, especially for an 8" sub-woofer. Certainly no match for a 12" sub with it's own amp, but not many cars come from the factory equipped that way. I agree, that it comes down to individual taste and expectations.

Phil
    When using the EQ settings, you'll see an option to select either Stereo or Centerpoint. I haven't checked the window sticker, but DO see these choices.

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

OK, checked out the EQ settings and I do have a "centerpoint" system, so my comments apply to that system. No idea about the standard system.

Phil

Update: I traded in my 2010 Premium (with premium upgraded sound) yesterday, and brought home my 2013 Luxury SRX with Nav and upgraded Premium Bose Centerpoint.

Yes, I hear a tremendous difference. I love it compared to the 2010. HOWEVER, I can not deny that part of it may simply be due to the fact that the 2013 has a tremendously improved sound reduction (reducing noise from the outside). This may have much to do with my impression of the improved sound quality.

All I can say is that there is a difference, in my opinion and I love the overall quality.
    TheCaptain and TheCaptain like this.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Congratulations on your newest ride Kuya!

BTW: Don't forget to change your profile to reflect your new status with your 2013 SRX.

Thanks Marc. Should be all set now

BTW . . . I will say again . . the noise reduction in the 2013 (compared to the 2010) is unbelievable! We got the best deal we could find out in Queens (about 3 hours from home). Driving home, in the new SRX . . . we suddenly looked at each other . .. "Hey, we'e in rush traffic on a 10 lane merging highway with big rigs, loud motorcycles, and construction going on . . . and all we hear is our own SRX". It was a beautiful moment!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Update: I traded in my 2010 Premium (with premium upgraded sound) yesterday, and brought home my 2013 Luxury SRX with Nav and upgraded Premium Bose Centerpoint.

Yes, I hear a tremendous difference. I love it compared to the 2010. HOWEVER, I can not deny that part of it may simply be due to the fact that the 2013 has a tremendously improved sound reduction (reducing noise from the outside). This may have much to do with my impression of the improved sound quality.

All I can say is that there is a difference, in my opinion and I love the overall quality.
    Glad to hear from you Kuya. I am happy to hear you finally picked up your 2013 SRX and are loving the overall quality! Enjoy your new ride

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

I was really bummed to find out the '13 system was not 5.1, and would not play my DVD-A, DTS, or Dolby Surround discs. So, my extensive collection is worthless now unless I listen to them on my home theater system. Funny thing my wife's '12 Prius v will play them, but the JBL system is not 5.1, or surround for that matter. Her system will also play DVDs. I contacted Laura M. to express my displeasure and hopefully Cadillac will realize not all their customers are 30-somethings who prefer iPods, mp3 and USB drives for their tunes. The Centerpoint Surround system is excellent, but I prefer the real thing to faux 5.1. I guess Cadillac wanted to save a few bucks and not include the software for 5.1.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

I contacted Bose about my concerns. The PR person sent me the spec sheet supposedly for the '13 SRX and it clearly states it's a 5.1 system, but I noticed the SRX pictured was a '12. There was a notation in the title of the pdf that it was a MMC. She suggested Cadillac made the change on their own and was surprised we got the Centerpoint system instead.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.