Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Transmission Recall

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  warnercc 
#1 ·
I got a notice last week about the transmission recall so I called the dealership to schedule an appointment for today. I dropped the car off first thing this morning and they gave me an ATX to drive for the day. Nice car but a little noisy for my taste. Lots of engine noise. Anyway, they indicated they had the update for the transmission to do plus the CUE update and one other update to do while they had the car (I believe it was the update for the seat memory but can't remember for sure). They indicated that the CUE update alone takes 4-5 hours. Wow! That seems like a long time for a software update. Any tips on what I can expect from the CUE update?

#2 ·
What engine did the ATS have? I've driven the 3.6 AWD a few times and it is a blast, and has a nice raspy exhaust note to enhance the rocket fast experience!

Some of the CUE updates are better looking changes for the interfaces, mostly.

#3 ·
3.6 AWD. I don't mind exhaust note, but I couldn't hear the exhaust for all the engine noise coming through the firewall. To each their own, not my cup of tea. On to my first service department experience. I would have to give them a D-. They took a car that was working perfect and turned it into a car that doesn't. The seat reprogram is a mess and doesn't work. I can see reprograming a car that wasn't working properly, but ours did and now it doesn't work at all. First of all, I had a hard time getting to accept the settings in a memory location (it's not automatic like it was, BIG minus in my book) and the only way it will recall a memory location is if you hold the but for like 5 seconds and continue to hold the button until the seat stops moving. This is NOT what I paid for. It will not pickup a fob and move the seats automatically at all. Second, there were no instructions included explaining the new programming procedures. It went from idiot proof to having to be a software engineer just to program the seats and they still....don't....work. Needless to say, they have the car back. I don't want to see it until it is correct. The way it is now, I might as well be driving a Yugo. Not what I paid for. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing they did correctly is top off the gas tank and give me a $50 courtesy card. To tell you the truth, I would rather have the car done correctly and they can keep their gas and their card. Oh, and as a side note, the first time they tried to update CUE, it failed. That's probably what is wrong with the seats as everything is integrated. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper. I'm just glad that we weren't planing on driving the car to California on Thursday like we had originally planned on doing. I just don't understand why a service department that stays open until 5:30 send all their techs home at 4:00. There's no excuse for doing updates like this (that I didn't ask for to begin with) and not testing them after they are completed.

#4 ·
Hi Warnercc,

I hope you are enjoying your SRX so far.The CUE update is an enhancement program to update the previous software. The update is to enhance the customer experience with the human machine interface (HMI) radio, including Phone/Bluetooth Pairing, Media Player, internal/external resets, rear camera, and map database. I hope you enjoy driving the SRX around after the update!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#6 ·
I just went and got the trans recall and they had a CUE update too. I can't see any difference in CUE from before and after though.
I do feel a difference in the trans from before and after! Its softer in drive, and actually holds my sport mode gear. Now If I could get the adaptive cruise to work...

#7 ·
Hi TheCaptain,

I am glad you are noticing a positive difference in your drive after the fix! Are you having issues setting the adaptive cruise or is the adaptive cruise not functioning correctly and seems broken? If you would like help with your concern, please private message me with this information so I can help you out!

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#8 ·
Well, they finally got it straightened out. Had to do the upgrades all over again to get the seats to work properly. Not impressed with the fact that they did no testing after the first update to make sure everything was working properly (which it wasn't). Oh well, that was Wednesday. On vacation now in San Diego visiting my daughter and helping her get her first apartment fixed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.