Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Trunk Lid Will Not Open

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
I have 2011 Luxury SRX. This morning I needed to run some errands. I took some items to the car to put in the trunk. Pressed the remote to open the trunk and the tail lights flashed as usual but the trunk did not open. Went to the door and pressed the trunk lid button there - nothing. Tried lock and unlock on the dash and nothing. I guess a trip to the dealership is necessary. I love my SRX but all these little nagging problems are adding up to a major inconvenience. Anyone have a secret about how to get the trunk lid up manually?

#3 ·
I have never tried this before as we've have never had a malfunction, but can you press the release on the rear hatch and then manually lift the hatch? On our Lincoln MKX we had to do this quite often as the hatch had a mind of it's own and the dealership could never pinpoint the problem. Not sure if this is even possible on the Cadillac. Another thing to try is to turn the adjustment knob that controls how high the lift gate goes when open. Again, not sure this will actually do anything but it just could "wake" it up! ;>)

If you hear the hatch release when you push the button, you should be able to lift the hatch manually. If you don't hear it release, i would check for a blown fuse.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I decided to go on to the dealership since the car was giving me the message that the "rear hatch is open" and it was not. After three hours at the dealership they sent me home in a loaner. Service guy initially thought the problem was the latch but when they got it open to work on it the area was wet. Per the service manager they took apart the latch and replaced it, then poured some water on the hatch to see if there was a leak and there was. They are going to have to "find" the leak so I have a little ATS "toy" car for the weekend. Can't complain too much I suppose, it has all the bells and whistles plus the CUE system with sat and nav.

#5 ·
Hello etexlady,

I am glad you are enjoying driving the ATS around :) I am sorry you had a vehicle issue that required taking it to the dealer. However, the dealership was the right place to take your vehicle because they will be able to properly diagnose and fix the issues for your vehicle. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are here to provide assistance for you. Have a great night!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.