2011 SRX Performance HDD Question! Help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 SRX Performance HDD Question! Help! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi everyone. I own a 2011 SRX Performance. It came with a 40GB Hard Drive Device. In 11 months I ...
    JackieLynnEvans is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

2011 SRX Performance HDD Question! Help!

Hi everyone. I own a 2011 SRX Performance. It came with a 40GB Hard Drive Device. In 11 months I was able to copy from CDs 1399 songs on to my HDD. The memory capacity bar at the bottom of the HDD screen was about halfway filled up. Soon after I had copied over those songs, I was having issues with my glide up navigation screen. The my local dealership said I would need a new radio. In doing so, I would lose all my music, 1399 songs, on my HDD. I was told you cannot copy the music over to the new radio. I agreed, and had the radio replaced. Once the new radio was installed I started recopying the same music to the new HDD. I got through about 350 songs and noticed the memory capacity bar was already halfway full. I called the dealership and they told me the wrong radio was sent from the warehouse and that they would need to replace the radio AGAIN to get the full 40GB. I agreed again. I lost those 350 songs and got a new radio. Once again, started copying the same music over to the HDD and yet again, the memory bar was filling up way to fast. On the current HDD I have 130 songs and the memory bar is about 1/4th the way full. I called the dealership again and they said the again accidentally put the wrong radio in. I am on radio number 4 and still not enough memory on the HDD. The dealership now seems to be backpedaling. They claim that I had a 40GB hard drive on all 4 radios, but the memory status bar isn't true to percentage of being filled up. Is this true?! Why was my factory stocked HDD 40GB and had 1399 songs with approx 50% memory capacity filled, and now these 3 radios since then are filling up too quickly?!? Please help! Am I getting the wrong GBs each time? Is is the memory status bar that's not correct, and I should just keep loading music. I am very frustrated becuase my local dealers keeps swtiching his story. Please respond!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 2011 SRX Performance HDD Question! Help!

You have a 40 GIG drive however NAV information takes up all but about 9GB of the space.

Even at 9GB I should still be getting 3000-3500 songs. My first radio had 1399 songs at about the halfway mark. Curious on why I'm getting to only 130 songs and it's 1/3 filled.

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Are they the same songs? I mean its possible the nav database grew or your songs are being ripped at a higher bitrate.

It's the same songs coming from the same CDs. Weird!

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Hi,
    I'm in the process of recording CD's into my HDD after the radio was changed out and I'm at 243 songs and my memory bar is at just under a 3rd of what your memory bar shows in your photo .......... unless your CD's are mega mega long I think your dealer maybe incorrect in his assumption you are getting the correct size GB
    On the change out I lost the recorded songs which were at 1,337 and the memory bar was about halfway, I did not mind loosing the songs as they belonged to the previous owner who did not share my taste in music anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.