SRX 2011 USB Hard Drive
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX 2011 USB Hard Drive in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey, I had a question about the USB Connection on my SRX. By my 2,5 USB Harddrive the System says: ...
    atariman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

SRX 2011 USB Hard Drive

Hey,

I had a question about the USB Connection on my SRX.

By my 2,5 USB Harddrive the System says: it is Not right Format. On my Old Ford it Works correctly. Had the SRX special Formats or Trademarks....

Greetings from germany

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Re: SRX 2011 USB Hard Drive

Quote Originally Posted by atariman View Post
    Hey,

I had a question about the USB Connection on my SRX.

By my 2,5 USB Harddrive the System says: it is Not right Format. On my Old Ford it Works correctly. Had the SRX special Formats or Trademarks....

Greetings from germany
    Greetings and to the SRX forum!

Are you trying to play music on your USB flash drive? What format(s) are your music files and what file system have you formatted your drive? Did you mean to say the capacity of your drive was 2.5 Gigabytes?

Not sure about 2011, but according to my 2013 English CUE manual (USA/Canada), supported audio file formats are MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, AIFF and 3GPP; file systems supported are FAT32, NTFS and HFS+ (Mac OS). Some smaller capacity USB flash drives come formatted with FAT16 and it is not listed as a supported file system although I have not verified if it works. You may want to reformat your drive to FAT32 and see if it works.

Hope that helps!

I had Problems with the App. And my iPad 3. I Mean i had a 500 GB , 2,5 Zoll USB Harddrive with mp 3 on it. But i didn't chek the Filesystem, i will do it Abt Tell you the Result. Sorry for my Bad english !!

Aaaa

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by atariman View Post
    I had Problems with the App. And my iPad 3. I Mean i had a 500 GB , 2,5 Zoll USB Harddrive with mp 3 on it. But i didn't chek the Filesystem, i will do it Abt Tell you the Result. Sorry for my Bad english !!
    No worries about your English. It's actually not bad. Glad to see someone from outside North America in these forums.

So you have a 2.5-inch 500GB portable USB hard drive. I looked up the 2011 USA/Canada English manual here: http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/...stem-guide.pdf Looks like only MP3 audio file format is supported for any USB device according page 30 of that manual. Unlike in 2013 manual, there was no mention about the file system.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Actually, the 2011 SRX will also support WMA files, although it omits some of the metadata. The file system should be FAT32. However, that probably is not the problem. I tried everything and was never able to get my 120GB HDD recognized, so I doubt if a 500GB HDD will work. Seems to be a capacity limitation within the system.

Sube

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

it could be capacity, or it may not have enough power through the USB interface to spin up the drive. If you hear a clicking sound (kind of a 'click, whir, click, whir, click...') then the disk isnt spinning up to speed. The USB standard states a recommended amperage output, but it is not a 'requirement' that has to be followed. Lots of laptop computers dont put out full amperage because it would drain the battery too quickly. if the 'expected' use was a solid state thumb drive, the GM interface may just not put out that much power...

Whhorlick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance

I just bought a small 8gb thumbdrive and I keep getting "No Compatible Devices" when I try to connect it to the 2010 SRX. It is formatted FAT32 and I am trying to load MP3 files which are supported.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Whhorlick,
    Did you have better luck with using .mp3 files on the USB drive?
    Sarah, Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Whhorlick, Did you have better luck with using .mp3 files on the USB drive? Sarah, Cadillac Customer Care

No, the Harddrive from the ford Mondeo dosen't work, it was a 500 GB 2,5 Zoll; with power over USB. It was mp3 and wma on it...

I take a iPod Classic in the Car via USB and it Works Great.....

Greetings from Bavaria

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.