2012 SRX FM Radio Reception Is Awful - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 SRX FM Radio Reception Is Awful in Cadillac SRX Forums; I find it interesting that they were willing to replace the radio, cabling, and antenna when there is nothing wrong. ...
    beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Re: 2012 SRX FM Radio Reception Is Awful

I find it interesting that they were willing to replace the radio, cabling, and antenna when there is nothing wrong. I hope you get your problem resolved quickly and easily as possible. Let us know the outcome.

maddoxshow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Well guys more bad news! I went and had a meeting at Classic Cadillac Atlanta today with Brian Long General Sales Manager and Brian Hammerman Director of Fixed Operations. I was told there is nothing else they or I can do and that im stuck with the way my radio sounds. Brian Hammerman advised me to just listen to my phone. Brian Hammerman also told me sometimes Ryan you just have to admit defeat. REALLY?!?!?! I was blown away at those comments. I bought a Certified Cadillac with a WARRANTY to avoid this kind of problem!! Does warranty mean nothing anymore??? Never thought in a million years Cadillac would ever treat a customer let alone a repeat customer this way.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Did they listen to your radio and hear the problem? Or are they saying there is no problem?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I was looking through some Technical Service Bulletins and noticed a recommendation for poor AM reception on a 2010 SRX was to "use the new sleeve to ensure proper contact for the radio antenna coax".

Thought you might try this with the dealer, may help, might not, but sounds like anything is worth a shot...

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

This weekend I tested a distance. I didnt try to the limit, but driving home, I switched to my local FM station. I was about 55 miles away from the transmitter (28,000 watts) and received a very good signal with some, but very little interference. The terrain isnt exactly flat, but I'd say elevations dont change more than 500' over that route.
    Just some specific data to show its not systemic. Honestly, sounds to me like your antenna cable is grounded somewhere, but I think that was one of the things 'replaced'....

Glenbat6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Hi, I just bought a 2012 SRX from Doug's Cadillac in Shoreline, WA, and have exactly the same reception problem. (Unfortunately I didn't read this forum before I got it.) I took it back to Doug's and got the same brush off, they said "they had never heard of anyone having similar problems or complaining before". Don't buy from Doug's !!! They have horrible service. And when I asked the service manager about it plus a couple of other issues, he didn't seem to know anything. Really ??? The service manager, I was not impressed. Bottom line is they said there was nothing I could do. And I thought I was upgrading to Cadillac, yuck, not happy at all. My previous 2007 Dodge Nitro worked better in many areas. It's ironic, they put Bose speakers in, so I can hear the static reception great when I select FM radio.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    AM and FM reception is not what it used to be due to many factors, but mainly due to the power output of radio stations, which are not as strong and are more focused now due to FCC regulations to avoid interference with other radio bands, especially at night. Also, the size and placement of modern antennas affects signal strength. Vehicles that still have the old fashioned rod antennas have much better reception. I would be willing to bet your XM channels come in loud and clear day and night due to the digital signal and the placement of the XM antenna on the roof, and not in the back window. Another factor in the AM and FM reception problem is the modern circuitry in radio receivers nowadays, which are way more sensitive to avoid static as much as possible. HD radio signals will provide superior sound, but you have to be close to the broadcasting station antenna which could be miles from the actual radio studio. I hope that helps explain what is going on, but that is little consolation to those of you who used to listen to channels miles and miles away. I used to listen to the Chicago AM channels 150 miles away, but no more due to lousy or no reception. The price of progress I guess.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenbat6 View Post
    Hi, I just bought a 2012 SRX from Doug's Cadillac in Shoreline, WA, and have exactly the same reception problem. (Unfortunately I didn't read this forum before I got it.) I took it back to Doug's and got the same brush off, they said "they had never heard of anyone having similar problems or complaining before". Don't buy from Doug's !!! They have horrible service. And when I asked the service manager about it plus a couple of other issues, he didn't seem to know anything. Really ??? The service manager, I was not impressed. Bottom line is they said there was nothing I could do. And I thought I was upgrading to Cadillac, yuck, not happy at all. My previous 2007 Dodge Nitro worked better in many areas. It's ironic, they put Bose speakers in, so I can hear the static reception great when I select FM radio.
    Hello Glenbat6,

I apologize you are experiencing a poor radio reception with your vehicle. Can you please private message me explaining the issue to me with what the dealership stated could be a possible resolution? Also provide me with your contact information and VIN.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

MoInATL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury Collection

Hey guys,

I just recently got my used 2012 SRX Luxury collection with the 10-speaker Radio with DVD/Nav. I was having terrible FM station issues on this vehicle and decided to do some research before taking to dealer. I have this same exact problem - I can't stand listening to the FM radio on this automobile. It is absurdly bad. I don't have these issues on the 2013 Nissan Leaf or the 2002 Honda Odyssey minivan.

And guess what...I ALSO LIVE IN ATL just like the other person 'maddoxshow'. We both live in the same town/area...I know my other cars pick up just fine. I also see that two SRXs are not. May be we can compare notes?

Was Laura M able to help with a resolution?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MoInATL View Post
    Hey guys,

I just recently got my used 2012 SRX Luxury collection with the 10-speaker Radio with DVD/Nav. I was having terrible FM station issues on this vehicle and decided to do some research before taking to dealer. I have this same exact problem - I can't stand listening to the FM radio on this automobile. It is absurdly bad. I don't have these issues on the 2013 Nissan Leaf or the 2002 Honda Odyssey minivan.

And guess what...I ALSO LIVE IN ATL just like the other person 'maddoxshow'. We both live in the same town/area...I know my other cars pick up just fine. I also see that two SRXs are not. May be we can compare notes?

Was Laura M able to help with a resolution?
    Hello MoInATL,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are experiencing FM station issues with your 2012 SRX. I see you also reached out to me via private message. We will continue to interact that way.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.