Fuel economy - 3.6 AWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Fuel economy - 3.6 AWD in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello everyone - new member, first post. I've had my CTS Coupe for a few years and have browsed the ...
    gmc248 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe --> 2013 SRX?

Fuel economy - 3.6 AWD

Hello everyone - new member, first post. I've had my CTS Coupe for a few years and have browsed the forum on occasion but never joined.

Looking to upgrade to a 2013 SRX Performance AWD for a little more utility. The coupe is a great car but the space constraints have gotten a bit old and later this year I plan on getting a dog.

Noob question - how are you doing in fuel economy for a 3.6l AWD? I get about 19mpg overall in the coupe and I would expect some reduction since the SRX is heavier and not as aerodynamic. In fact, I've calculated that I should get around 16.5mpg in the SRX. Does that sound about right?

It's not a big concern but if it's much worse I might skip the SRX and go straight for something full-sized.

Someone that is better than me at searching the site will probably dig up a previous thread on the topic but I didn't find much for 3.6l out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tnfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Premium AWD, Platinum Ice

Re: Fuel economy - 3.6 AWD

Not a 2013 but a year old 2012 AWD Premium with 22K miles. Mileage in town is 17-18 range if I don't get heavy footed. Highway mileage is 21-22 range. My overall average since I purchased is 19 MPG.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Average is going to be 18-20 overall. Some say they get 21-22 average. I have owned 2 , and my average is 18-20. The 3.6 engine is really agreat engine. The torgue is amazing. So much better then the 3.0 i had in my first SRX. If a person is really concerned about mileage, don't buy any SUV.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

I get a little over 18 with 'city' (more accurately 'suburbs') driving. 'Pure' Highway can go upwards of 24....

Update - decided against a full sized truck, especially with the new ones coming out soon. SRX coming home tomorrow or Friday! Thanks for the input.

maxima10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc248
    Update - decided against a full sized truck, especially with the new ones coming out soon. SRX coming home tomorrow or Friday! Thanks for the input.
    Congrats pal ... What trim did you get?

Thanks! I got the Performance trim with AWD. Picking it up this afternoon, will post pics sometime this weekend... if it stops raining!

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

I am located in Canada and picked up my 2013 AWD on Monday night . I drove from Toronto to Ottawa yesterday and the dashboard said 12.4 avg litres per 100. As well the amount of gas used for this drive was almost 3/4 of a tank. Appx 380 kilometres and avg speed was 118 KPH.

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

I can't state actual mileages, but I can give you a rough estimate. Our SRX is my wife's car, so driving sensibly is out of the question...can I say that ;<(. On our previous Lincoln MKX, she got about 16-17 mpg and went on average 6-7 days on a tank of gas. We drove it to DC last summer and got an average of 22 MPG for the trip. The SRX has a 1 gallon bigger fuel tank, but she is going at least 10 days on a tank of fuel and has gone as long as 13 days. She still drives like a fool, but that's another story. I have estimated that she is getting in at least 19-20 MPG and the car has less than 3000 mile on it so I have been pleasantly surprised. Someday, I may actually get to drive it and figure out what kind of mileage it is actually capable of. The one thing I have never been able to figure out, she loves cars and she wants them to have all the features and buttons she can possibly get, but I can't seem to get her to reset the travel computer when she gets gas.....go figure.

Jarson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX4 Premium, Xenon Blue, Driver-Assist

I am getting 15.5 Mpg. When I first bought it I got 13.2, and it has slowly climbed over the months as the engine is broken in. I commute in LA so it's all city driving so far. I always drive with the ECO button on, I like it's shift points.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I average 22 US MPG. 40% city/town 60% highway. Since purchased 3 months ago. 18 xxx kms on it to date. - No ECO mode.
    Also averaged 22 US MPG on 9672 km round trip through the states "a la" Hot Rod Power Tour.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

19.3 per info screen. This is about 30 miles of 40-60 mph highway traffic and 10 miles of stop and go 0-35 mph city traffic per day. 8,000 miles. I'm happy with that. Wife drives in eco mode but makes no effort to save fuel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.