Leasing problems with SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Leasing problems with SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Yesterday I had my termination of lease inspection from U.S. Bank. They use a company called DataScan Field Services. 1st ...
    racingf1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Leasing problems with SRX

Yesterday I had my termination of lease inspection from U.S. Bank. They use a company called DataScan Field Services.
    1st a little back ground on vehicle. 17,970 total miles. NO parking lot dings. ie body in untouched condition. Chrome option wheels in nwe condition except for a nick and small scratches on right front wheel from parking (curb). Not bad for a 3 year old vehicle. Also, a parking lot incident to passengers front and rear door which was repaired by a "Highly recommended" (through Travelers Insurance company)repair shop

2nd the inspector went over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb. Measured paint depth at many points around vehicle. I was told that wheel damage will be billed to me at apox. $435. Also, that the Hood was improperly repaired because he could not get a reading on his hand held instrument which would be billed at aprox $128. The hood has NEVER been repaired since I leased car from dealer Brand new.

3rd this is by FAR the most intense inspection I have been through in over 20 years of leasing new cars.

I had read horror stories like this, about U.S.Bank Leasing, on line but figured they were the occasional problem we have all seen from time to time. NOT SO. I have come to realize that it is a regular occurrence.

I FEEL we should all be aware of this practice and tell your dealer you will not buy or lease a vehicle from them if they insist on using U.S Bank

----------

Addendum to my post; NO, Absolutely NO allowance for 3 years of "Normal" wear and tear although vehicle was in excellent condition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Leasing problems with SRX

Does he know the hood is made of aluminum? That could be the problem. The wheel I can understand, as it needs replaced, can't fix it.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Yep. Sounds like an aluminum issue. Guy is a tool. Why would they go around the car with a paint gauge? They are not buying it for themselves. gM needs their own captive lending arm again. Hoping ally doesn't do that to me with the cts I turned in 10 days ago.

After reading this it looks like we have steel hoods:

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/cadi...2013.tab1.html

If you google U.S. BANK automobile lease complaints there are numerous situations that are similar to mine.

Also w/r/t wheel, It is a 3 year old vehicle and that is all the wear and tear it has. Total milage is only 17,970 for the 3 years. If hood is bad, it was sold new to me w/ that hood. It looks perfect, since I and everyone that knows me, has never noticed being bad. I can't imagine that the dealer isn't required to tell me if it was repaired prior to my purchase (bought new April 2010).

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    After reading this it looks like we have steel hoods:

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/cadi...2013.tab1.html
    I took a magnetic business card and placed it on hood it slide off. Did same to fenders it stuck. Pretty sure my hood is aluminum as is the underside
    O.K now get the magnet off the refrigerator go out to the garage and check your hood.

Thank You very much allgm

I believe you guys!!! I just can't believe a GM document would be incorrect

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Yep used the magnet on our 13 also. Didn't stick, but it did to the fenders

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.