SRX Order 2013 or wait for 2014? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Order 2013 or wait for 2014? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by cadillac 31 funny i have no issues with cue it does what i want and very well ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: SRX Order 2013 or wait for 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac 31 View Post
    funny i have no issues with cue it does what i want and very well too i love it
    I agree!

There are really no big issues with the new CUE. I only had a small connectivity problem while using voice phone commands with my iPhone that was corrected with the latest CUE update. BTW: There will always be new updates down the road for any high tech equipment you own.

I would not hesitate to buy the 2013 or 2014 SRX... just do what you feel is best for your particular situation.
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I agree!

There are really no big issues with the new CUE. I only had a small connectivity problem while using voice phone commands with my iPhone that was corrected with the latest CUE update. BTW: There will always be new updates down the road for any high tech equipment you own.

I would not hesitate to buy the 2013 or 2014 SRX... just do what you feel is best for your particular situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac 31 View Post
    funny i have no issues with cue it does what i want and very well too i love it
    Marc/cadillac 31, slightly off topic questions for you....

Do you use an SD card to store music and if you do any issues with playback? Just curious because evrytime I start the vehicle, it takes about 30 seconds to play the song that was on in the previous ignition cycle. Even then it does not play the song continuously - pauses 10-15 seconds after playing a small part and then pauses again. This interrupted play pattern goes on for about 3-4 times before the normal playing resumes. I picked up my SRX a week and half ago and it came with the March update from factory with Software/Gracenote/Map versions 23150273/22993544/23152950 respectively.

I also have another issue with disappering vehicle contacts and they misteriously reapper when I change contact list to BT connected iPhone 5 and then back to vehicle.

Thanks!

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

2014 is a much luckier number than 2013. Everyone knows 13 is an unlucky number so I would wait and buy a 2014 model, everyone knows 14 is a lucky number.

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Any idea when the 2014 SRX will appear in showrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    Marc/cadillac 31, slightly off topic questions for you....

Do you use an SD card to store music and if you do any issues with playback? ...

I also have another issue with disappering vehicle contacts and they misteriously reapper when I change contact list to BT connected iPhone 5 and then back to vehicle.

Thanks!
    Sorry I have never tried using a SD card so I can't comment on that topic. As far as losing my vehicle contacts from my iPhone 5 I don't ever recall having any issues with losing any of my contacts either.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjoebob View Post
    Hello all, new to the forum and I've enjoyed reading everything I can about the
    SRX. Here's my dilemma: if I want a 2013 I'll need to order it by 5/26. I want the Premium, Platinum Ice, Shale with Brownstone, Drivers Assist package and 12
    spoke chrome wheels. A few other options also but they can be added later. OR... I
    can wait until the end of the year and look at the 14's. The longer I have to save, the less I'll have to finance. What scares me though is I heard a rumor that the SRX will be replaced with a smaller platform vehicle (CUV vs SUV.). If that's the case, I'm ordering the 13!! Has anyone heard what's coming for 2014? Thanks!
    One more reason I would wait on 2014 CUE is here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3279264

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    One more reason I would wait on 2014 CUE is here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3279264
    There is no real reason to wait for a 2014 if you are concerned about the CUE and updates. Just think of your computer that gets Microsoft windows updates periodically. If the CUE gets updated again later on in the future it would be exactly the same version that would be out by 2014 MY. I would bet that there will be more updates in 2015 and beyond too ... for we all know programmers are constantly looking for newer enhancements and even more features and GM will wait for the appropriate time(s) to release those future updates.

That is whats so great about having a system that can take upgrades and not become extinct soon after you buy it. My CUE got it's first update and it has the newer enhancements and is even better than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    Any idea when the 2014 SRX will appear in showrooms?
    Just talked to my salesman about a 2014 SRX and he says as far as he knows they should start ordering them around early June and production would be starting up around the middle to end of July thus the SRXs should hit the dealers lots in early to mid August.

jdennis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance; Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I'm the one with that problem, but I wouldn't wait! Go for the 2013. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine and the CUE system is great.
    Ponyman, Ponyman, Marc NY and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jdennis View Post
    I'm the one with that problem, but I wouldn't wait! Go for the 2013. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine and the CUE system is great.
    Now that is what I call a SUPER endorsement!

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Just order it, don't confuse yourself anymore!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it..... Enough discussion!!!!!!

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY
    There is no real reason to wait for a 2014 if you are concerned about the CUE and updates. Just think of your computer that gets Microsoft windows updates periodically. If the CUE gets updated again later on in the future it would be exactly the same version that would be out by 2014 MY. I would bet that there will be more updates in 2015 and beyond too ... for we all know programmers are constantly looking for newer enhancements and even more features and GM will wait for the appropriate time(s) to release those future updates.

That is whats so great about having a system that can take upgrades and not become extinct soon after you buy it. My CUE got it's first update and it has the newer enhancements and is even better than ever!

Just talked to my salesman about a 2014 SRX and he says as far as he knows they should start ordering them around early June and production would be starting up around the middle to end of July thus the SRXs should hit the dealers lots in early to mid August.
    Thanks Marc.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Wait until the 2013's go on clearance in the winter and get one for mega $$$$ off sticker. Also, the GM card always sends out top off offers around this time, too, if you have one.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post

So what do you do if they decide to "update" the CUE hardware? You're not going to get the faster processor because it won't be considered a "flaw" by GM.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

steve,

did you know that CUE's hardware is based off of a 3-core ARM11 processor that isn't being fully utilized yet ?

GM/Cadillac knew that they would need more processing power in years to come than the system initially would need so they left themselves room to grow

i think they unlocked a bit of that extra power in this first update since many people are saying that the system is much more responsive after getting their update

there will come a point when the hardware will be upgraded but that will probably be with the next generation of bodystyles (which is years down the road)
    and even then the first generation CUE systems will still be pretty powerful
    Ponyman, Ponyman, Marc NY and 5 others like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Steve's not going to buy one. He's just trying to cause trouble, as always. He doesn't like American cars remember? By using his logic, you would never buy Anything new, cars, computers, TV's, etc, because they might become outdated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.