2013 SRX - computer update/fix
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 SRX - computer update/fix in Cadillac SRX Forums; As I mentioned in another thread, I had a problem where my CUE system wouldn't shut off. It didn't happen ...
    jdennis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance; Black Raven

2013 SRX - computer update/fix

As I mentioned in another thread, I had a problem where my CUE system wouldn't shut off. It didn't happen all of the time, just occasionally. I actually knew when it was going to happen because every time, I couldn't put the windows down from the front seat switches, however I could put the windows down using the back seat switches. I found out there was a CUE system update, and both GM and my dealership said it should take care of the problem. This was the first year for the CUE system in this vehicle, I expected glitches.

The week after they took care of my service updates and recall, it happened again. I called my dealership and made an appointment to drop my car off this morning for them to look at it. The dealership just called me and GM indicated that they will have another software update, which will be available to the dealership at 8:00 AM tomorrow. I assume this isn't specific to my vehicle, so if you have already gotten your update, you may need to get another update.

Baierl Cadillac service team has their customer service down! Also, I ordered rubber mats, which are also being installed. Not a fan of the all weather ones that came with the vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2013 SRX - computer update/fix

Got my car back yesterday. Washed and cleaned, new mats in place and assured that the computer issue was resolved with the update.

Today, I came home from work, turned off the car, opened the door and the CUE system was still on........not fixed. Of course it was after 6, so, I'll call the dealership tomorrow. The system times out after 15 minutes, just as if you left a light on inside the car. Not too big a deal, but the auto locks don't work when it's doing this -meaning when I walk away with the FOB the car doesn't lock. I have to manually lock the door. Again, not a big problem, but not too convenient. Is this happening to anyone else with a 2013?

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

You didn't say if you went back in to choose your door locks to once again lock automatically but after your CUE gets the update your CUE will go back to your original factory setting so you will need to *re-select* (edit) the auto lock feature again. As far as your CUE staying on when you open your door perhaps there might be something wrong with your door switch that might be causing the CUE to stay on?

Thanks Marc. The system not shutting down doesn't happen all the time, just once a week or so. The auto locks work the other times. I thought it could be the door sensor, but that wouldn't explain why the driver and passenger front seat window switches also won't work - back seat window switches continue to work. If it wasn't for the windows also not working, I would have just assumed user (meaning me) error.

scottrobb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX4 Premium

I purchased the Weathertech brand mats. I think that not only are they better looking than the Cadillac mats, they are more functional.

I also have a 2013 SRX and I've had no problems with CUE or my windows. I just received the dealer update for
    CUE days ago and it's even better now. There's also an update for these seat memory which seems to have addressed the problems I was having with it recalling my setting when remote starting the vehicle.

I think that not being available to lower your back windows would be the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by jdennis View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, I had a problem where my CUE system wouldn't shut off. It didn't happen all of the time, just occasionally. I actually knew when it was going to happen because every time, I couldn't put the windows down from the front seat switches, however I could put the windows down using the back seat switches. I found out there was a CUE system update, and both GM and my dealership said it should take care of the problem. This was the first year for the CUE system in this vehicle, I expected glitches.

The week after they took care of my service updates and recall, it happened again. I called my dealership and made an appointment to drop my car off this morning for them to look at it. The dealership just called me and GM indicated that they will have another software update, which will be available to the dealership at 8:00 AM tomorrow. I assume this isn't specific to my vehicle, so if you have already gotten your update, you may need to get another update.

Baierl Cadillac service team has their customer service down! Also, I ordered rubber mats, which are also being installed. Not a fan of the all weather ones that came with the vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.