New owner 2013 srx
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By GMJim
  • 4 Post By Ponyman
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New owner 2013 srx in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi Everybody. I have just bought a new 2013 SRX LUXURY, platinum tri coat , with shale and jet black ...
    shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

New owner 2013 srx

Hi Everybody. I have just bought a new 2013 SRX LUXURY, platinum tri coat , with shale and jet black interior. I have not owned a GM product for over 25 years , just traded a 2011 FORD EXPLORER LTD. I will get this car on Wednesday, other than the new cue upgrade is there anything I should be asking for to be done or look for when I take delivery ? It was between a Lincoln MKX and this . I found the caddy to be quieter, and smoother riding that the Lincoln. I have not stepped foot into a GM dealer in 25 years , just bought my father an ATS last month and the sales manager saw me looking and checking out the SRX when I was there , we got talking together about what I drive and when my lease is up. He made me an offer I could not refuse .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    My issues so far:

Peeling chrome on wheel, distorted rear fender liner, loose trim in front of roof bar above windshield.

We love ours so far, good power and comfort, reasonably quiet. There was a CUE update but someone else will have to chime in on what the latest software is since I have a 12.

Also, we love pictures!

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Re: New owner 2013 srx

Good job on moving from the Exploder to an SRX! And definitely post some pics up in the new deliveries thread!

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Do splash guards front & rear, it finishes off the wheel wells!!!! You are going to love the SRX....

Enjoy the ride.....

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your purchase, and thanks for choosing GM/Caddy
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

If he has a 13 he won't have chrome tech wheels and their issues. Gongratulatons, I think you will be happy. I know that our 13 is certainly a much better vehicle than our 10 was. Just more refined.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    If he has a 13 he won't have chrome tech wheels and their issues. Gongratulatons, I think you will be happy. I know that our 13 is certainly a much better vehicle than our 10 was. Just more refined.
    Pony, I can't believe you said that 13 is better than 10. You claimed the 10 was flawless. "More refined" LOL! That means they fixed most of the bugs you endured but never admitted to.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Steve, just because we never had ANY problems with the 10 other than the mirror chrome strip, doesn't mean the 13 can't be a better car. More powerful motor, better seats, smoother suspension are some of the many improvements they have made, which EVERY manufacturer naturally makes as the model has a few years on it. If there had been any bugs in our 10, I would have been the first to complain about them, I have nothing to gain by lying about the quality of the car. The people who purchased it as a Certified used car contacted me about the low miles and what a flawless nice car it was. Perhaps you are LYING about all the problems with your 10, you know it goes both ways. The people on this board generally know what type of person you are and I don't need to bring it up in detail. Have a nice day!
    GMJim, GMJim, Marc NY and 1 others like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.