When to Refuel? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, When to Refuel? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Not in our life time. Too advanced.GM had FI on Corvettes in 1957 and very few people bought them. Too ...
    redvett94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: When to Refuel?

Not in our life time. Too advanced.GM had FI on Corvettes in 1957 and very few people bought them. Too advanced for the mind set. Think about Air bags GM offered them in 1974 and they were not accepted along with Power windows and locks in the 50"s My new GM vehicles all had PW,PL and AC most people said it was crazy. Guess what we have FI, AC, PW & PL.
    Give the new power sources 25years.

Terry Judkins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

There is a good discussion of fuel pump failure modes here. http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/195

Without refuling stations you cant go anywhere. Probably will be 15-20 years from now.

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

I'll just reply to some on topic discussion......

I have heard (I believe it was from a Chev. Service Manager on another GM forum), the fuel pump sits in a bit of a molded well of the fuel tank. The intake sock is outside the well. So, the pump never really goes absolutely dry. The tank, because again the intake is outside the well, can.

It would be nice for someone to confirm this. This rumor/myth or truth has been circulating on all the GM forums. However, when looking at replacement parts in on line catalogs, the pictures appear to illustrate the pump "draws" from the bottom. That should confirm the running draw hypothesis.

And for what it is worth.......when traveling, and on a number of occasions around town, I do not fill my vehicles until under an 1/8Th of a tank. Never had any fuel pump problems....all (always) GM products.

The pump will run dry when the tank is empty and will still damage the pump.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.