2012 SRX radio dvd poor sound level
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 SRX radio dvd poor sound level in Cadillac SRX Forums; The AM and FM and XM radio on my 2012 SRX is good, has good sound level, and can be ...
    PEVCO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012

2012 SRX radio dvd poor sound level

The AM and FM and XM radio on my 2012 SRX is good, has good sound level, and can be played loud etc........when I insert a DVD movie to play, the volume level is reduced by over half......I have to use full volume to get a good medium sound level.........and with the windows open you can barely hear the DVD.
    When I switch back to the XM radio it is very very loud.
    In my previous 2007 Cadillac Escalade the radio and dvd was at the same level and played fine.
    Can an adjustment be made to the volume level in the DVD portion of the sound system by a mechanic at Cadillac Service or do I have a defective radio?

Anyone else have this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2012 SRX radio dvd poor sound level

Anybody have the same issue?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

You do have individual tone controls for each source, but not individual volume settings. Compare the tone settings to see if they're the same. If the "Mid" frequency slider is all of the way up, this could account for the differences in volume. It's normal to have a slight difference in volume level, say if you switch from XM to HDD or USB. If you have high bitrate MP3s, they'll almost always play louder than XM or FM. Is it the same with multiple DVDs? Are they older or newer titles? Older DVDs can have a low recording level, therefore will play at lower volumes. If none of the aforementioned scenarios are the case, an extreme difference like what you described is likely indicative of an internal problem within the radio.

Sube

lterry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX Premium

I don't have to turn the DVD volume all the way up, but it is definitely way quieter, and really loud when you shut it off. Kind of annoying.

It is not the Tone control............there is a large difference between the FM, AM, and XM volume levels, and the DVD.
    In my 2007 Cadillac Escalade the levels are the same volume....AM, FM, XM, and Dvd.

Just had my SRX in for service, and the Dealer put in a new radio !!!!...But still have the same low volume issue.
    When playing a DVD the volume must be in the full loud position, and it is still not load enough.
    If I stop the DVD movie, and play the radio, XM, or FM, I get blasted from the load volume level...really loud.
    I'd sure like to get this DVD working correctly..........I've played other DVDs as well.........same thing.
    Some one in engineering must know whats going on????

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by PEVCO View Post
    Just had my SRX in for service, and the Dealer put in a new radio !!!!...But still have the same low volume issue.
    When playing a DVD the volume must be in the full loud position, and it is still not load enough.
    If I stop the DVD movie, and play the radio, XM, or FM, I get blasted from the load volume level...really loud.
    I'd sure like to get this DVD working correctly..........I've played other DVDs as well.........same thing.
    Some one in engineering must know whats going on????
    Hello PEVCO,

I am going to research this concern for you and get back with you as soon as I have more information. The Infotainment customer support group is closed on Sunday's, but I will get in contact with them on Monday. For further reference, the CUE Infotainment for Cadillac can be reached at 855-428-3669 and hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST. Have a great rest of the night and I will respond back to you via this forum thread when I have a resolution.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hello Laura,

Thank you for your help with my 2012 SRX DVD volume issue.
    Looking forward to what you find out.

Paul V--

Hello Laura,
    Are you making any progress on your research into the DVD volume, and low grade picture image?
    Just checking in.
    Regards,
    PEVCO (Paul)

Hi Paul,

My name is Amber-- I'm assisting Laura here on the forum. Laura is out of the office today. I will be certain to notify her that you were in contact and I will have her follow up with you tomorrow.

Regards

Amber N.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Laura,
    I contacted my service adviser at Tyler Cadillac in Niles, Mi. and he advised me that his repair technician contacted TAC several times for help etc.
    TAC told to replace the Nav screen, and then the whole Radio DVD unit.
    After all this, the very low volume issues did not change, and the DVD picture was still blotchy green where dark black should be in the picture.
    I have TWO issues here ...sound and picture.
    I also own a 2007 Cadillac Escalade, and the sound level is loud and good , and the picture is black and good.
    I realize that the DVD Nav screen, and Radio systems are different in these two automobiles however, the 2007 preforms just fine.
    I would like to send you some picture samples of the two different screen pictures, that way you can take these to Engineering......."someone knows" what going on here.
    I can't believe that Cadillac would design a very poor down graded system and put it in a 2012 SRX.
    Why would AM...FM...XM....radio sound loud, and great, and the DVD system you can hardly hear! And a DVD picture that looks like a 5 generation video tape copy image.!!!!

Please lets fix this.

Regards,

Paul Vollmers

Quote Originally Posted by PEVCO View Post
    Hello Laura,
    I contacted my service adviser at Tyler Cadillac in Niles, Mi. and he advised me that his repair technician contacted TAC several times for help etc.
    TAC told to replace the Nav screen, and then the whole Radio DVD unit.
    After all this, the very low volume issues did not change, and the DVD picture was still blotchy green where dark black should be in the picture.
    I have TWO issues here ...sound and picture.
    I also own a 2007 Cadillac Escalade, and the sound level is loud and good , and the picture is black and good.
    I realize that the DVD Nav screen, and Radio systems are different in these two automobiles however, the 2007 preforms just fine.
    I would like to send you some picture samples of the two different screen pictures, that way you can take these to Engineering......."someone knows" what going on here.
    I can't believe that Cadillac would design a very poor down graded system and put it in a 2012 SRX.
    Why would AM...FM...XM....radio sound loud, and great, and the DVD system you can hardly hear! And a DVD picture that looks like a 5 generation video tape copy image.!!!!
    If you need to contact me, I can be reached at 269-783-6264.
    Please lets fix this.

Regards,

Paul Vollmers
    Hello Paul,

I am going to reach out to you in the private message to further discuss these concerns. This is because there is some additional contact information that I need in order to help you resolve this.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hi Laura,
    Please resend your message to me as I'm having difficulty sending you the information through messages.
    Thank you,
    Regards,
    Paul Vollmers

P1000159.jpgHere are three examples of the bad picture image on my 2012 SRX.
    The first two lower are from my 2012 SRX, and the second from my 2007 Escalade.And the upper left is a picture of my navigation screen, all green at night.
    Note all the green in the first picture.P1000153.jpgP1000156.jpg
    The Escalade DVD picture has nice color where blacks are black.....however on the SRX DVD the blacks are green and blotchy.
    The night time Navigation is green, where blacks should be black.
    Any one else have this on there DVD picture?

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Have you played with the DVD picture settings? Could be something there that's not set correctly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.