No Headroom?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, No Headroom? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Just looking at the 2nd Gen SRX it looks like it's afflicted by the same disease so many new GM ...
    TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

No Headroom?

Just looking at the 2nd Gen SRX it looks like it's afflicted by the same disease so many new GM vehicles, like the recent Camaro, are. No Headroom and very poor view out the back? Why does GM do that.. I think the vehicle would even look better if the roof was raised a couple inches and the back not slope so drastically. To me it looks like it was rolled and the top and back of the vehicle crushed. Does someone living with this vehicle and driving it daily also arrive at the same conclusion or does it just look much worse than it actually is? At least the first generation SRX had sufficient headroom and reasonably good view out the back. GM needs to realize that the Average American is not 5'5" tall and wants to see out the back of their vehicle and not stare at a camera to do that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: No Headroom?

I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. Perhaps before you come here bashing the car and insu
    lting the intelligence of repeat owners, you might want to actually look at and drive the vehicle.
    GMJim, GMJim, Jake2010 and 3 others like this.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Wow! You certainly do not sound like someone who is in the market for this awesome styled vehicle!

You didn't say how tall you are but I am 6'2" and my SRX has a pano sunroof and I find that I have plenty of head room in the SRX. The sloping roof style was designed that way to give the SRX a more "streamlined" and sporter look. As far as the SRX looking like what you have just described above the SRX would then look more like all the other crossovers, i.e. Equinox or Terrain in form and shape. IMO: I love the visual illusion that the slopping roof line makes the SRX look more like it is moving even while it is standing still!

It is pretty obvious that one either loves the looks or not... for you it is no but to vast majority of us here agree that the looks and styling of this vehicle is just awesome!

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    The sales numbers disagree with Tim. If you don't like it then don't buy it.
    GMJim, GMJim, Ponyman and 1 others like this.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Like nor dislike, or even whether to buy one, was not part of my question. So far just two people have answered the head room question with no mention as to how well that they can see out the back of their vehicle. If you like the way it looks how about eliminating the greenhouse entirely because then you would probably like it even better?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    The sales numbers disagree with Tim.
    Which sales numbers are those, adamjeeps? Because from the sales numbers I have seen the post 2009 SRX is only a reasonably popular vehicle. 50 some thousand purchases a year, so about 180,000 total sales so far, does not show me a very popular vehicle. I would say almost 320 million people agree with me.

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

I'm also 6'2" with short legs an a long torso. I can't sit up in most cars that are equipped with sunroofs, so I typically avoid cars with them. Not so the SRX. I have plenty of headroom in it. Perhaps you didn't have the seat all the way down. I agree that the rear view is poor, which is why it has a backup camera and sensors. I find the camera more reliable than looking out the back, but that's my opinion. Once you learn to use them, it's fine. By the way, there a lots of non GM cars that have poor rearward visibility. If you find rear visibility to be a deal breaker for you, look at something else; there are plenty of small crossovers to chose from.

Phil

Tim, up through 2009, annual sales averaged about 20,000. Starting in 2010 thorough 2012, annual sales has averaged about 54,000. It trails only the Lexus RX in its class. I'd say that is a good showing.

You are going to say since every person in the country doesn't own an SRX that is must not be popular, that is ridiculous.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

What are you basing your assertion on? Random thoughts? Observations of the roofline from a photo?

This is my second SRX. All I've owned in the past 9 years are SRX's. I'm 6.0 and there have never been any headroom or hip room or leg room issues with this vehicle. Like the others have said, go test drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by TimRSRX777 View Post
    Just looking at the 2nd Gen SRX it looks like it's afflicted by the same disease so many new GM vehicles, like the recent Camaro, are. No Headroom and very poor view out the back? Why does GM do that.. I think the vehicle would even look better if the roof was raised a couple inches and the back not slope so drastically. To me it looks like it was rolled and the top and back of the vehicle crushed. Does someone living with this vehicle and driving it daily also arrive at the same conclusion or does it just look much worse than it actually is? At least the first generation SRX had sufficient headroom and reasonably good view out the back. GM needs to realize that the Average American is not 5'5" tall and wants to see out the back of their vehicle and not stare at a camera to do that.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Algiorda, then according to Tim n another post, you are ignorant for buying the second time. So am I. He doesn't own one, so he is hardly qualified to comment on them.

I personally think the first generation SRX looks like a station wagon, but if you like it that is all that matters.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Compared to a Gen 1, a mobile aquarium a Gen 2 is not. I would consider a low mileage hearse for your desire for lack of style, and ultimate visibility.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

GM has the Tahoe/ Yukon/ Escalade/ Traverse/ Acadia/ Enclave/ Trax/ Encore for you who need great rear visibility and high headroom.

As for my 6' 2" a$$, I fit in the SRX awesome with a slight head tilt to get in. Rear visibility is great in my books, especially with giant mirrors and a great rear cam. I think GM can do with a few more style over absolute function vehicles.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Every vehicle has blind spots with the exception of convertibles and even they have blind spots when the top is up. Believe me, I'm not a GM fan. Haven't been for about 20 years. But I am impressed with the SRX as I am with my daughters Camaro. I was concerned about the blind spots when she purchased the Camaro. She's 5'2" and when she sits in the car all you can see is her head above the edge of the door but she loves the car and has had no problems except for being pulled over a couple of times to make sure she is old enough to drive! Both times she has been in her Navy uniform and laughs when they ask for her drivers license and her military ID!

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TimRSRX777 View Post

Which sales numbers are those, adamjeeps? Because from the sales numbers I have seen the post 2009 SRX is only a reasonably popular vehicle. 50 some thousand purchases a year, so about 180,000 total sales so far, does not show me a very popular vehicle. I would say almost 320 million people agree with me.
    You would think the economy would be in much better shape if every man, woman, and child in the US has purchased a new vehicle since 2010.
    adamjeeps and adamjeeps like this.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

As far as looking out the rear window, that is not possible with about 90% of cars on the road that have rear seat head-rests.

However, I have a back-up camera that helps me navigate backing out of the garage, parking spots, etc. and it works great at night too!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.