No Headroom? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, No Headroom? in Cadillac SRX Forums; TimRSRX777, thanks for kicking off this informative thread! I'm going to make sure to document the thread URL, so the ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: No Headroom?

TimRSRX777, thanks for kicking off this informative thread! I'm going to make sure to document the thread URL, so the proper GM teams can review everyone's headroom feedback. If you have any questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to send us a private message for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Chevrolet Customer Service

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I'm a long legged 6'9" and fit fine in the front. The rear is short on legroom and headroom

redvett94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If everyone bought american owned products our country would be much better off financially.
    TheCaptain and TheCaptain like this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by redvett94 View Post
    If everyone bought american owned products our country would be much better off financially.
    I drove Japanese cars most of my life. Rarely did I ever have a problem with any of them. Before I purchased an SRX, the last 3 were Nissan Maxima, Infiniti I30t, Infiniti QX4. No problems whatsoever with these Japanese vehicles. I was looking at buying an Acura MDX in 2010. On my way home from the Acura dealership, I drove by the ONLY Cadillac dealership in Austin, TX. On a lark I decided to stop in and take a look but was not planning on ever purchasing another American car. I saw the SRX and was blown away that any American car would have such great looks and finish. In the end I decided to buy it and plopped down $40K in cash.

There is another thread on here which I won't repeat but it is the very long list of items I have had to have fixed under warranty. What makes this even worse is that my SRX just turned 21K miles. I can't tell you all the inconvenience this "American" car has caused for me and the countless trips to the dealer. I thought I was doing our nation and our local economy a favor by "buying American". Little did I know that I would have so much grief for it.

I have learned my lesson and won't be repeating this mistake going forward.

Sorry if this sounds like such a downer but it is the truth.

redvett94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

In the past the Foreign MFR's were better but the last 3-4 years not so. All MFR's have defects and that includes the foreign vehicles.Even Rolls Royce and Bentley vehicles have problems just like anything made.

BTW we currently have a 2011 Buick Enclave with 45000 miles and it has not been back for warranty yet in 3 years.

2011 Auto Recall Numbers by Manufacturer
    Rank
    Manufacturer
    Total Cars Recalled in 2011

Total 2011 U.S. Sales

Note: 2011 U.S. sales are only given to show a relative size of the auto manufacturer. Also, it should be noted that recalls may be for models from 2001 on.

Honda / Acura

Toyota

Ford

Chrysler

Subaru

Hyundai

General Motors

Nissan

Volkswagen

BMW

Mazda

Kia

Mercedes-Benz

American Suzuki

Volvo

Jaguar Land Rover

Saab

Porsche

Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

TheCaptain, how about the two, style and function, co-existing peaceably together? I don't think the style of the current SRX would be hurt at all, or very little, if the rear of the greenhouse was raised 3 or so inches and the back side more vertical. The Style would not suffer any. GMJim, at least the better view to the outside and ample headroom made the "mobile aquarium" styling, in your opinion, of the first Gen vehicle immeasurably more comfortable and safer than the second Gen. redvett94 thanks for the additional unrelated information to this thread. It is interesting that the top three car manufacturers in that list manufacture less cars per year than they recalled in 2011. Meaning that they recalled multiple cars from multiples years, if I understand the list correctly?

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Quote Originally Posted by TimRSRX777 View Post
    TheCaptain, how about the two, style and function, co-existing peaceably together?
    I think the SRX style wise beats every other car in its class. As far as rear viewing and functionality, the SRX is about the same as any crossover. I have owned my car since the fall of 2009, and not once have I thought "I can't see whats behind me". With oversized mirrors, cameras, and a pretty generous rear window, I am not really sure what your complaints are about.

I hated the first gen SRX. It looked like a station wagon on steroids. Did that style make the car more functional? I don't think so.

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

6 ft here and just traded in my 09 CTS for a 12 SRX performance...love the car..not problem with head room..I like the seat lower and my wife adjusts her's higher.....as for as vision out the back window I have no problems at all with visibility....the rear view mirror is more compact than the one in the CTS which took about a day to get use to it.....but not problems other than that....its a daily driver for my wife and the weekend vehicle for us both..

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

Can you spell "troll"?

Those of us who own and drive the SRX know the virtues and the problems. This type post is just designed to stir the shit and draw reactions.

jack vines

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by SomeGuyNamedJay

Yeah, I am 6'4" as well, but more evenly distributed I guess. The front was close but the back was ridiculously low. My brother and his wife are also both tall, and we go out a lot together. I love the styling of the car, but it certainly defines "form over function."

Fortunately it is my wife's car. I will be sticking to German engineering until the domestics decide that they can accommodate us 5%ers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above was from an owner and driver of a 2nd Gen. vehicle. I did not post this thread to "stir the shit", but maybe to get some honest opinions and "draw reactions". So far it sounds like a lot of owner/drivers are in somewhat of a denial mode about how much room their vehicle actually has or, in this case, does not have.

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Everyone has their own set of personal likes, dislikes, and preferences. Do you really care what others think? Why not just go to your local Cadillac dealer and test drive one. Then you'll know if the SRX suits you.

-Jeff

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by TimRSRX777 View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by SomeGuyNamedJay

Yeah, I am 6'4" as well, but more evenly distributed I guess. The front was close but the back was ridiculously low. My brother and his wife are also both tall, and we go out a lot together. I love the styling of the car, but it certainly defines "form over function."

Fortunately it is my wife's car. I will be sticking to German engineering until the domestics decide that they can accommodate us 5%ers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above was from an owner and driver of a 2nd Gen. vehicle. I did not post this thread to "stir the shit", but maybe to get some honest opinions and "draw reactions". So far it sounds like a lot of owner/drivers are in somewhat of a denial mode about how much room their vehicle actually has or, in this case, does not have.
    You are going to base your opinion on one comment? Again, I refer you to the sales numbers more than doubling per year over the first generation. I don't know about you, but I bet GM is quite happy that significantly more people are buying the new SRX than the old

From Edmunds.com 2009 SRX "With the smallish third row folded (or not selected), there are 32 cubic feet of cargo space, while a maximum of 70 cubes is available when both rear rows are dropped."

The current SRX 2013 from Edmunds.com "There's ample (if not overly generous) room for four adults, although the roof line -- particularly if the optional panoramic sunroof is in place -- definitely can pinch those in the rear. Cargo room is about average for the class: 30 cubic feet behind the rear seats and 61 cubic feet with both sections of the 60/40-split rear seatbacks folded down."

So it is no secret it is smaller, yet sales are very good. I still don't understand what point you are trying to make. Why should GM have done something different when what they did is working?

I didn't base my question on any one individual's comments but on my experience. The comment above was just to show that someone else had the same opinion that I do, because someone was implying that very few owners felt the same way. My point was even though sales are up quite a bit, I feel that GM/Cadillac could have probably improved sales more by incorporating more function in the form of a higher roof in back and paid a bit less attention to the current styling trend of making the greenhouse appear and feel as much like a gun turret sight as possible.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

I am 6'2" and more pounds than I like to admit. This is our 2nd second gen SRX. While it is my wife's car, we do often take it on long trips, and I find that I have PLENTY of headroom. Perhaps your should have your eyes checked if you think your Gen 1 is more appealing than the new SRX. I passed one on the road this weekend and frankly it is a boat. You almost never see a first Gen SRX around here. Guess that tells you what people thought of it. Cadillac clearly has a winner here, as evidenced by the large numbers of people buying it. I hardly think they would be buying if they didn't find it visually appealing and comfortable. It may be your own opinion, and I respect that, but you are clearly in the tiny minority.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

A manufacturer can't build every vehicle to fit every size of person. That's why they build multiple types of vehicles. If you don't fit in one, keep on moving to the next one.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.