Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Transmission recall

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  RippyPartsDept 
#1 ·
I read that a number of SRX's are being recalled for a problem with a switch in the transmission. They gave a time frame, in which the affected vehicles were manufactured, but I can't find the sticker stating when ours was built. Where do they put the sticker on these things? I've looked in what I thought were the logical places, the driver's door jamb, under the hood, under the lift gate, etc.
Does anyone know where they put the sticker?

#9 · (Edited)
... "The affected vehicles were manufactured from April 25, 2012 through March 6, 2013."

How could a 2013 be manufactured that early?

Guess I will wait and see if i get a letter.

Edit: Just realized my car and I share a birthday!
Wow that means you and your SRX were meant for each other. :highfive: ;)

Those dates show that the recall includes 2012 MY SRX models not just the 2013 MY SRXs. If you want you can always call the dealer or Cadillac Customer Service and give them your VIN# too and they will be glad to let you know for sure if your SRX falls within that recall window.

... Marc NY here are the last 8 vin#'s of my SRX can you do the build sheet for me? I would really appreciate it! Thank you! ~~~~DS528077 :)
Sorry Whistlingdixiee I saw your request for a VIN# search. Unfortunately, I can only do the search from work and not while I am at home. If you still need that information come Monday I will be glad to look it up and post it for you then. :)

EDIT:

FYI: If you want your "ALL" of your build sheet I can provide that information for you too. :thumbsup:

#8 ·
"The affected vehicles were manufactured from April 25, 2012 through March 6, 2013."~~~

I bought my 2013 SRX in January, so I'm sure my car is in this recall. No problem, I didn't take it in yet for the Cue update, I'll do both at the same time. Marc NY here are the last 8 vin#'s of my SRX can you do the build sheet for me? I would really appreciate it! Thank you! ~~~~DS528077 :)

#10 · (Edited)
"The affected vehicles were manufactured from April 25, 2012 through March 6, 2013." I heard that it was vehicles built between 5/29/12 and 2/18/13. Once my wife got home with her SRX, I found the label. (Thanks, wagoetzmann!) My sticker says it was built in 5/12. The last 8 digits of the VIN are CS621534. Mark, can you check that out for me? Thanks!
Monday will be fine!

#11 ·
"The affected vehicles were manufactured from April 25, 2012 through March 6, 2013." I heard that it was vehicles built between 5/29/12 and 2/18/13. Once my wife got home with her SRX, I found the label. (Thanks, wagoetzmann!) My sticker says it was built in 5/12. The last 8 digits of the VIN are CS621534. Mark, can you check that out for me? Thanks!
You are correct, the date I quoted was for the LaCrosse.

#13 ·
adam,

I checked your VIN and there are no applicable recalls or campaigns ... where did you read that there was a recall?

usually when there is a recall the NHTSA will post that info as soon as the decision has been made that there is to be a recall
this is before the manufacturer is ready to actually perform the recall on all the affected vehicles
if that is the case here then eventually there will be a recall/campaign listed under your VIN (currently there is not)

for the time being i wouldn't worry about it... maybe call up a dealer in a few weeks and ask them to run your VIN to check for any recalls or campaigns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.