XM Info VERY slow to update - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, XM Info VERY slow to update in Cadillac SRX Forums; Some quick google searches show it's currently affecting other makes/models as well. So I'd say it's something XM has done ...
    davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Re: XM Info VERY slow to update

Some quick google searches show it's currently affecting other makes/models as well. So I'd say it's something XM has done or something that broke on XM's end that only affects certain model radios. My Wife says her 2008 CTS (with NAV) is working great.

----------

Maybe if a bunch of us write XM and complain they will look into it?

SiriusXM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi everyone-

If you're experiencing this, could you please send us an email with your contact information, make, model, what channels this is happening on to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can investigate this.

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team
    davedogcaddy and davedogcaddy like this.

email sent. Hoping for some good info from XM. Been a subscriber for many years.

----------

Please, everyone email them! The more emails they get on this the better chance we will have a fix!

Very nice lady from XM just called and walked me through a 'soft reset' (basically they have you power cycle the radio/car, and then they send out a refresh signal to the radio), this did NOT fix the song update issue. She is escalating it and will get back to me mid to late week. I'll let you know what I hear.

ginjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Same problem for about a week. If I change the channel and then go right back it corrects itself. If I turn it off and right back on it corrects itself.

IT'S FIXED! IT'S ALL FIXED!!!

Ok guys, so here's the deal, in an earlier post I mentioned that the 'soft reset' procedure did not fix the song info issue. Well, I'm not sure if the procedure required one more ignition cycle to work, or if XM pushed some magic button to fix some issue on their end, but by the time I got in my car to drive home from work (a few hours after the reset) the song titles/artists were updating normally! Not only were they updating normally, but they were updating VERY quickly....like instantly. I came home, ate, did some things around the house, and just took the car back out for about 20 minutes, enough to hear about 6 songs, all info updating perfectly now! Let me recap the soft reset procedure in detail in case that is what fixed it:

1. Disable any bluetooth devices you had synced to the radio
    2. Make sure there are no CDs/DVDs in the radio (press eject)
    3. Start Car
    4. Tune to any XM channel and make sure that station is playing OK (i.e. make sure your car has a clear view of the sky).
    5. Turn off the radio by pressing it's power button.
    6. Shut off car
    7. Open driver's door and leave it open for at least 1 minute.
    8. Start Car
    9. Tune to any XM channel and make sure that station is playing OK
    10. Have XM send the refresh signal (I did this over the phone, but you should be able to use the online refresh: https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action )
    11. If you had the refresh done on the phone the rep should confirm it was successful, if doing it online, just follow the instructions there.
    12. Not sure if this is needed, (mine still wasn't updating after the above steps, but did later when I came back) but shut the car back off for a few minutes and come back later.

It will be interesting to find out if it was the 'soft reset' that did it - or if XM already jumped on fixing something on their end. Major props to them if they did.

NOW, for some REALLY exciting/interesting news: It seems that the above issue and the Pause button issue (see other thread) must be related! Ever since that drive home when I realized the songs were updating again, my pause button/time shifting is once again operational, even after listening for 5 minutes. Also confirmed this on the 2nd drive tonight. It all works now! So somehow the song info not updating was breaking the time shifting feature!

PLEASE, share your experiences here! Did the above fix work for you (soft reset needed)? Or did it start working on it's own (issue solely on XM's end)? The more info we collect the easier it will be to fix should this issue crop again one day.
    Huey Driver and Huey Driver like this.

Denny41 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX-AWD. 2012 SRX Performance AWD

OK davedogcaddy, I was waiting for someone to verify what I experienced, because I thought that what happened to me today was just a strange co-incidence and just happened by chance. Let me preface that I read the post from SiriusXM prior to my appointment this afternoon. I have been having the problem for approximately 2 weeks. I did not do a 'soft reset' or signal refresh. At approximately 5pm today after leaving my appointment, I noted on my radio that the song info, titles/artists were changing instantly. It continued to do this with no hesitation. ( Note: This was not happening on my way to the appointment.) Is it truly possible that SiriusXM can address problems that quickly and if it is, my sincere thank you to the individuals at SiriusXM for the quick problem solving and to this forum. We should all be thankful for having this productive way of communicating and actually having individuals monitoring our comments and helping out. Thank you again.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy
    IT'S FIXED! IT'S ALL FIXED!!!

Ok guys, so here's the deal, in an earlier post I mentioned that the 'soft reset' procedure did not fix the song info issue. Well, I'm not sure if the procedure required one more ignition cycle to work, or if XM pushed some magic button to fix some issue on their end, but by the time I got in my car to drive home from work (a few hours after the reset) the song titles/artists were updating normally! Not only were they updating normally, but they were updating VERY quickly....like instantly. I came home, ate, did some things around the house, and just took the car back out for about 20 minutes, enough to hear about 6 songs, all info updating perfectly now! Let me recap the soft reset procedure in detail in case that is what fixed it:

1. Disable any bluetooth devices you had synced to the radio
    2. Make sure there are no CDs/DVDs in the radio (press eject)
    3. Start Car
    4. Tune to any XM channel and make sure that station is playing OK (i.e. make sure your car has a clear view of the sky).
    5. Turn off the radio by pressing it's power button.
    6. Shut off car
    7. Open driver's door and leave it open for at least 1 minute.
    8. Start Car
    9. Tune to any XM channel and make sure that station is playing OK
    10. Have XM send the refresh signal (I did this over the phone, but you should be able to use the online refresh: https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action )
    11. If you had the refresh done on the phone the rep should confirm it was successful, if doing it online, just follow the instructions there.
    12. Not sure if this is needed, (mine still wasn't updating after the above steps, but did later when I came back) but shut the car back off for a few minutes and come back later.

It will be interesting to find out if it was the 'soft reset' that did it - or if XM already jumped on fixing something on their end. Major props to them if they did.

NOW, for some REALLY exciting/interesting news: It seems that the above issue and the Pause button issue (see other thread) must be related! Ever since that drive home when I realized the songs were updating again, my pause button/time shifting is once again operational, even after listening for 5 minutes. Also confirmed this on the 2nd drive tonight. It all works now! So somehow the song info not updating was breaking the time shifting feature!

PLEASE, share your experiences here! Did the above fix work for you (soft reset needed)? Or did it start working on it's own (issue solely on XM's end)? The more info we collect the easier it will be to fix should this issue crop again one day.
    I performed the soft reset on my way to work. On the way home the information updated almost instantly. Whether it was the reset, or XM itself I don't know. All I know is that my issue is resolved. Thanks Davedgcaddy and XM person here.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM
    Hi everyone-

If you're experiencing this, could you please send us an email with your contact information, make, model, what channels this is happening on to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can investigate this.

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team
    Thanks for following g up on this issue. Mine is now working perfectly. I'm not sure if the soft reset, or something on your end did it. I love my XM.

I think the general consensus is it was not the soft reset as others who not preformed the reset had it start working on it's own, at about the same time as the rest of us. I'm just glad it's been resolved. Kudos to the IT staff at XM for getting it sorted out so quickly (must have been no more than 3 hours between the time I talked with the XM rep, and when it started working again).

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy
    I think the general consensus is it was not the soft reset as others who not preformed the reset had it start working on it's own, at about the same time as the rest of us. I'm just glad it's been resolved. Kudos to the IT staff at XM for getting it sorted out so quickly (must have been no more than 3 hours between the time I talked with the XM rep, and when it started working again).
    Hopefully some will see this as XM actually being customer friendly. I feel they have improved greatly in terms of customer service.

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

Mine fixed itself with no help from me, so obviously the issue was with XM, not the radio.

Phil

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.