Problems with 2013 SRX's Does this Effect You?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Problems with 2013 SRX's Does this Effect You? in Cadillac SRX Forums; This could be a safety issue: 2013 Cadillac SRX vehicles, manufactured between May 29, 2012, through February 18, 2013 for ...
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Problems with 2013 SRX's Does this Effect You?

This could be a safety issue: 2013 Cadillac SRX vehicles, manufactured between May 29, 2012, through February 18, 2013 for failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 102, "Transmission Shift Lever Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect." A software problem may cause the transmission to inadvertently shift to Sport mode removing any transmission-related engine braking effect.
    If engine braking is unexpectedly removed, it may increase the risk of a vehicle crash.
    GM will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the transmission control module free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on March 28, 2013. Cadillac owners may call 1-866-982-2339. Buick owners may call 1-866-694-6546.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Problems with 2013 SRX's Does this Effect You?

I didn't know sport mode disabled any transmission-enabled engine braking.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    ... 2013 Cadillac SRX vehicles, manufactured between May 29, 2012, through February 18, 2013
    If that date is correct then this bulletin would also include 2012 MY SRXs as the 2013 SRXs were not being produced until around late September.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Paid4c4 (or any curious owner!), I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would ever like me to check for any open recalls, etc., on your particular vehicle. I can check my resources for you whenever you like, so please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any lingering concerns that you would like investigated.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I didn't know sport mode disabled any transmission-enabled engine braking.
    I didn't know the sport mode changed the transmission-engine braking capacity. Maybe someone will chime in. I'm going to test ours next time out.
    Bill

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    I didn't know the sport mode changed the transmission-engine braking capacity. Maybe someone will chime in. I'm going to test ours next time out.
    Bill
    The dealer upadted that TBS for me when I had the SRX in for the new CUE updates.

BTW: I never noticed any braking issues or problems with mine but hey I got the update.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.