Should I be concerned with Consumer Reports' review of the SRX 2013? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree19Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Should I be concerned with Consumer Reports' review of the SRX 2013? in Cadillac SRX Forums; The fact of the matter is that your car has not broken down or failed in any way so far. ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Should I be concerned with Consumer Reports' review of the SRX 2013?

The fact of the matter is that your car has not broken down or failed in any way so far. I understand the concern but until this becomes an actual problem there is no way that GM is going to do anything.

I don't mean to brush off your concern but you've got to look at it from their side. Just because you have found that your car has gas in the oil at a higher percentage than would be normal their responsibility is to fix it when it breaks, not pre-fix it before it break... because it might not break.

You may be on to something and in a few years gas in the oil might become something that is tested for in the regularly scheduled maintenance (paid for under the warranty)... But it also might just be an anecdotal experience that is not widespread.

Time will tell.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

doyall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    ... until this becomes an actual problem ...
    RPD, if any machine consistently operates outside of its engineering design parameters, there should be no argument that there is an "actual problem". The question then becomes what are the engineering design parameters for fuel dilution in GM's VVT SIDI HFV6. Do you know? Care to find out and share it with me? Hopefully you do or you will because GM refuses to ... proprietary information and all that. Can you agree that that should raise one's suspicions? Would you be satisfied if you were in my position?

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

I've owned a lot of cars over the years and a lot of them have been unfavorably rated by CR. I have learn over the years that CR bases a lot of their reviews on surveys that have been commissioned by different groups and they know who is buttering their bread, so to speak. A lot of people who fill out these surveys also have an unrealistic expectations of new cars. I have seen some reports where they are nitpicking fitment issues where they are showing pictures and for the life of me, I can't even see what they are talking about. I'm as crazy about my cars as the next guy and if something isn't right I will take it back to the dealership in a heart beat and continue to take it back until it is right. That being said, of all the cars that I have had that were reviewed badly by CR, the last car that I had to have something fixed under warranty was a 2002 Ford I had that had a broken air bag clock spring in the steering wheel. Since that time I've had 12 cars. That's 12 cars that according to CR had reliability problems that never went back to a dealership other than for oil changes or tire rotations. Every car has their own little quirks but that doesn't mean that something is broken or something is wrong with them. Needless to say, either I have been VERY lucky or something is wrong at CR. If you want to know the truth, talk to people directly that have owned the cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.