Controlling music on Radio from iPhone 4S
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Controlling music on Radio from iPhone 4S in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi Everyone - I'm having problems in managing my music (searching songs, playlists, etc) directly on the vehicle's radio. I ...
    amklinck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Premium

Controlling music on Radio from iPhone 4S

Hi Everyone -
    I'm having problems in managing my music (searching songs, playlists, etc) directly on the vehicle's radio. I know I should be able to do this, but have to continually manage the music through my iPhone 4S. I have a 2012 SRX Premium with the standard radio (no Navigation). My phone's software is up-to-date. Music plays when plugged in through the Aux In, but not when the USB is connected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried other Apple devices (iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPod Nano - new generation, iPod Touch, etc) and they all act the same way. Any ideas for assistance?
    Thanks!
    Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Controlling music on Radio from iPhone 4S

i'd have your dealer check to make sure there aren't any software updates for your radio/infotainment system
    same reason you check to make sure your phone is up to date
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Andy! I'm in line with Rippy's thinking -- consulting with your dealership is a great next step. And if you would like further assistance along the way, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

amklinck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Premium

Thank you both for the responses! I put this out here to see if others have expereienced a similar issue.

It actually didn't work the day I picked the vehicle up and my dealer (and my salesman in particular) has been great in trying to and resolve the issue. We've tried different cables (at least 6), other non-Apple devices, and there doesn't seem to be any combination that allows me to do get it to work. It works if I stream it through BlueTooth, but I don't want to have to do that 100% of the time. The dealership has been good in supplying other documentation for me to try at home with my device, but none of it has worked.

I had the vehicle back at the dealership two times and tonight will be the third. They say everything appears to be operating normally, but I have yet to be able to get it to work correctly, as described in the owner's manual.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

"everything appears to be operating normally"
    except for this
    seems a bit backwards to say it's operating normally (or appears to be) when it clearly is not operating normally
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.