Pause Button
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Pause Button in Cadillac SRX Forums; I use the radio pause button when I am running into a store or making a phone call. Recently it ...
    cannon1017 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX 2012 CTS

Pause Button

I use the radio pause button when I am running into a store or making a phone call. Recently it has started acting up. It starts to replay music/talk I have already heard. Anyone else having this issue? Oviously, a minor issue, but an issue nonetheless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

redvett94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Pause Button

Warrenty item on your bumper to bumper.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

I would like some feedback on the operation of the Pause button. Unless I'm loosing it (which is entirely possible), it seems like when I first got the car hitting the pause button not only paused the buffer, but also stopped all playback altogether (no audio while paused). Now when I hit pause it still pauses the buffer, but continues to playback the live radio. I can hit pause again, and it does pick back up where from where I hit pause, but it just seems odd the way it keeps playing live audio while paused. What does your pause button do? Maybe thie is what the OP was experiencing?

I did have to have the radio replaced a month ago to fix the issue with it forgetting settings on exit, so maybe the new software in the new radio does things differently? Any input guys?

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I have no experience, but that sounds like it could be an option setting.

Uhg.....I can now confirm something is not right with my time-shifting feature since I got the radio replaced. After playing around with it some more I have discovered; If I press pause the the audio stops for a split second then continues playing live radio. If I press pause a minute or two later, the audio picks back up from where I originally paused it, plays for a bit then makes the static type noise it makes when XM looses signal, and cuts out all together. If I use the pause button shortly after turning to a new station it seems to work normally (stops the audio and pauses the music), it's when I've been on a station for more than 5 minutes or so and it's been buffering for a while that the pause feature seems to stop functioning.

SOOO frustrating since I finally got the original radio issues worked out and now have discovered new ones. Almost afraid to take it back in as it was quite the hassle to get them to understand/fix the original problem.

Can't seem to find any info online with people having issues with the time-shifting feature (except possibly the OP).

That is a definite pain because, you're right, getting the dealer to pay enough attention to get them to understand it will be almost impossible.

You might at least ask if there is a software update for it. It's possible that bug was addressed.
    davedogcaddy and davedogcaddy like this.

New radio has the newest version of the software (U415). Since *almost* everything works now, trying to decided if this feature is important enough to me to let them mess around with stuff at the risk of messing other stuff up.

----------

What I'd really like is if anyone with the 2010 MY would listen to a XM station for 10 mins, hit pause, and report back here with what happens. If these units are just buggy like this and all act this way I just won't bother with it. Surely don't want the dealership hunting for an issue that doesn't have a fix....

I guess I'll be the Guinea Pig on this issue and use my appointment I already have for tomorrow morning (intermittent Red LED on OnStar mirror), and let them poke around with the radio some more. I'll report back here. Wish me luck!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Cannon1017, please let me know if you would like Customer Service to step in at any point and schedule a dealer appointment for you or follow up with them on your behalf! I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Dave, thank you for keeping us in the loop! I look forward to your post-dealer updates, but please feel free to get in touch with me if you would also like any assistance working with your dealership towards a resolution.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

TRARON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium - Gold Mist

Its funny that you are reporing this as my Radio just started doing this too. When I hit the pause button it keeps playing but shows a constant 00:10 (10 second) in the buffer. I am interested in knowing what you dealer finds. I use this feature often and this is very annoying....obviously a software bug.

Thanks for the feedback TRARON.

I wonder why there are at least 3 people (including the OP) all of the sudden having this issue when it seems undocumented here on the forums from what I can find. Is there some OTA update that OnStar could have recently done that could have created new bugs in the radio?

TRARON - have you had your radio replaced? If so, when? Thanks!

----------

To Others wanting to test for this issue: They key is you must leave it on one XM channel for *at least 5 mins* BEFORE you press the pause button. Pause works great if you use it in the first couple minutes of listening to a channel.

Hi Dave - no I have not had my radio replaced, and yes mine behaves exactly like yours, after 5 minutes the problem occurs and I have noticed this began about a week ago. Also my XM does not update the name of a song, only the artist when this happens. If I change the channel both the song and artist are updated. This is definitely a software bug and I was hopeful that reflashing the radio software would fix it, but I am now doubtful based upon your experience. I hope Katie will take note of this issue and escalate it to see what can be done to fix the problem as I can't spend countless hours having a problem like this looked at the dealer and doubt they would know where to start.

Yeah, I hear you - on these technical issues it's always a challenge with the dealership to get them to really fully understand what is going on. The original radio issue took about three tries for them to get it right. The good this about this issue is it's VERY easy to duplicate. I typed them up instructions on how to duplicate it, and I made sure to leave the car running until the Service Adviser got to me so that he could see the problem in action. I explained the problem first, and then demonstrated it. He said he understood, but the blank look wasn't very reassuring. We'll see. I'll let you know what they find. Unless there has been another software update (newer than U415) - I'm not sure what will have to be done. Hopefully not another radio replacement. Maybe they can re-flash the same update....

In other news they set me up in a 2013 ATS, neat car. I bit on the small side though.

You're right, most times these issues become so complex that they don't have the time to fully understand the problem. Its easier to know when there is a mechanical problem than when its a software issue in the entertainment system. I know as I am involved with technology and see stuff like this every day. Problems like this make me cringe because I know they are difficult for someone that does not know every feature of the system to know when there is an actual problem. Very frustrating. Let me know what happens when they look into this

Sorry I don't have anything useful to add, but just curious, does it only happen with XM or will it do the same thing with AM or FM?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.