IT'S FIXED! IT'S ALL FIXED!!! Ok guys, so here's the deal, in an earlier post I mentioned that the 'soft reset' procedure did not
fix the song info issue. Well, I'm not sure if the procedure required one more ignition cycle to work, or if XM pushed some magic button to fix some issue on their end, but by the time I got in my car to drive home from work (a few hours after the reset) the song titles/artists were updating normally! Not only were they updating normally, but they were updating VERY quickly....like instantly
. I came home, ate, did some things around the house, and just took the car back out for about 20 minutes, enough to hear about 6 songs, all info updating perfectly now! Let me recap the soft reset procedure in detail in case that is what fixed it:1. Disable any bluetooth devices you had synced to the radio
2. Make sure there are no CDs/DVDs in the radio (press eject)
3. Start Car
4. Tune to any XM channel and make sure that station is playing OK (i.e. make sure your car has a clear view of the sky).
5. Turn off the radio by pressing it's power button.
6. Shut off car
7. Open driver's door and leave it open for at lease 1 minute.
8. Start Car
9. Tune to any XM channel and make sure that station is playing OK
10. Have XM send the refresh signal (I did this over the phone, but you should be able to use the online refresh: https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action
11. If you had the refresh done on the phone the rep should confirm it was successful, if doing it online, just follow the instructions there.
12. Not sure if this is needed, (mine still wasn't updating after the above steps, but did later when I came back) but shut the car back off for a few minutes and come back later.
It will be interesting to find out if it was the 'soft reset' that did it - or if XM already jumped on fixing something on their end. Major props to them if they did.
NOW, for some REALLY exciting/interesting news:
It seems that the above issue and the Pause button issue (see other thread) must be
related! Ever since that drive home when I realized the songs were updating again, my pause button/time shifting is once again operational, even after listening for 5 minutes. Also confirmed this on the 2nd drive tonight. It all works now! So somehow the song info not updating was breaking the time shifting feature!
PLEASE, share your experiences here! Did the above fix work for you (soft reset needed)? Or did it start working on it's own (issue solely on XM's end)? The more info we collect the easier it will be to fix should this issue crop again one day.