1st Official CUE Update
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 1st Official CUE Update in Cadillac SRX Forums; Just a "Heads Up"! I got a letter in the mail a couple of days ago stating my CUE needs ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

1st Official CUE Update

Just a "Heads Up"!

I got a letter in the mail a couple of days ago stating my CUE needs an update and to schedule an appointment to come in. Thought I would share this with those of us who have a 2013 SRX.

I will let you know what was updated and or changed once I get my SRX back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Re: 1st Official CUE Update

Hi Marc....

Thanks for the heads-up. I will check with my dealership to see if they have heard about the update. Maybe i will get something in the mail in the next day or so...

Really like the 3.6 engine in the 2013. Day & night from the 3.0 engine, IMO.....

Likely
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    Hi Marc....

Thanks for the heads-up. I will check with my dealership to see if they have heard about the update. Maybe i will get something in the mail in the next day or so...

Really like the 3.6 engine in the 2013. Day & night from the 3.0 engine, IMO.....

Likely
    It is possible that recently built 2013 SRXs may already have the newest updates. Mine was built very early in the MY (Model Year) so it stands to reason mine would be required to get the latest updates.

As far as the 3.6L engine... I would also agree! I truly love the performance and torque I get.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Marc & Likely! If either of you have lingering CUE questions along the way, I wanted to make sure you had the specialized CUE team's contact information as well. The Infotainment Customer Support Group agents are available at 855-428-3669, 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Hi Katie.....

Thanks for the information.....

Likely

bigtimebob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just picked my SRX after update. They kept it overnight but gave me a loner Caddy for the time they had my car. True to this form - when I picked it up they had washed and cleaned it, filled the tank, and I received a $50 credit card. Very impressed - thank you Cadillac. Still experementing with update, but so far much improved.

Whistlingdixiee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance, Glacier Blue

I received my letter a few days ago. I was wondering if you needed to bring with you ALL paired phones(Bluetooth devices), when you pick up your vehicle after the update? I usually don't have my husband's phone with me or vice versa. From the letter: ---- "Please have any Bluetooth-paired devices with you upon re-delivery of your vehicle; as the update will include the assistance of your service professional in pairing these devices for you." Thanks!

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You can pair any phones you don't bring with you on your own once you get home. It's to do, just follow the on screen instructions.

hambone8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimebob View Post
    Just picked my SRX after update. They kept it overnight but gave me a loner Caddy for the time they had my car. True to this form - when I picked it up they had washed and cleaned it, filled the tank, and I received a $50 credit card. Very impressed - thank you Cadillac. Still experementing with update, but so far much improved.
    I have an appointment tomorrow to take the srx in to replace my cracked side view mirror (almost 2 month ordeal I'm far from happy about... safety issues). I received the CUE update letter 2 days ago and called to see if they could do the CUE update as well and mentioned I was around 20% on oil life. The rep mentioned there was a potential recall for the transmission issue. So hopefully, all of this gets taken care of next week. I requested an ATS 6cyl loaner for over the weekend. Hopefully, they hook me up with it since has taken almost 2 months to replace a freaking broken mirror. I ramble.. The point of this message was to say there wasn't any mention of a gift card or gas for the CUE update. Odd...

Quote Originally Posted by hambone8 View Post
    ... The point of this message was to say there wasn't any mention of a gift card or gas for the CUE update. Odd...
    This is only a guess here but I would surmise they just want to surprise you with their gift when you go pick up your SRX to say thank you for your time and patience with the new CUE update process.

BTW: I planned my appointment to coincide with my free oil maintenance along with the latest shifter/ transmission update too. Thus it was no inconvenience to me at all.

jdennis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance; Black Raven

2 1/2 weeks ago my CUE system wouldn't shut down after I turned my vehicle off. Of course it was after 7:00 on a Saturday night. GM informed me of the service update/recall. In fact there were 4 service updates and 1 recall on my vehicle - which I had just purchased on 1/5/13. They said that they were just sending the letters out and that they are giving a $50 pre-paid VISA gift card on a first come/first serve basis. My dealership replaced the "radio" and completed the other updates. They requested the vehicle overnight and provided me a loaner. Everything has since been working great.
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    This is only a guess here but I would surmise they just want to surprise you with their gift when you go pick up your SRX to say thank you for your time and patience with the new CUE update process.

BTW: I planned my appointment to coincide with my free oil maintenance along with the latest shifter/ transmission update too. Thus it was no inconvenience to me at all.
    Yeah I have a ton of shit they are doing to my car so I'm not sweating it. And, they had a nice clean ATS 3.6 AWD luxury waiting for me to drive over the weekend and part of Monday as requested since I've been waiting forever to get my currently 3 direction sideview mirror replacement. I'm a happy camper. I LOVE that vehicle. Of course as soon as I get it I have a cop next to me from the dealership all the way to where I was meeting some friends.

Picked up my SRX yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised that most of my settings were still there. Minimal reconfiguration. Seat and mirror settings, a couple of door lock settings, and a few address presets needed to tweaked or added. Nothing major. Can't say I've noticed any cue differences yet. I do have one question... Is the address book in the navigation screen supposed to source your blue tooth enable mobile device? Mine was empty, but I was thinking it was still indexing my iPhone. Honestly, I don't think I ever looked ore cue update.

Btw, no gas for me just a gift card. I guess it varies by dealership.

barrycui81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Performance

Hi,

Which dealership did you have your car serviced, I live in Nashua NH, the MacMulkin dealership is really really bad, I would never go back to that dealership again even I live in the same town.

Best,

Bo

Quote Originally Posted by barrycui81 View Post
    Hi,

Which dealership did you have your car serviced, I live in Nashua NH, the MacMulkin dealership is really really bad, I would never go back to that dealership again even I live in the same town.

Best,

Bo
    Lockhart Cadillac near Indianapolis, IN. A friend's step dad who used to work there assisted me with getting the SRX until he fell ill and then someone else I know took over. The mirror replacement was a bit of a pain in the ass, but overall I'm happy with this dealership and will almost certainly be going back after my lease is up. Just odd that most people on here are reporting giftcard/gas for their CUE update. I'm not upset about it. I would have scheduled the update regardless of freebies. Funny thing is the day after I picked up my SRX i had to fill up the tank. 56 bills lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.