Possible New SRX Owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By allgm
  • 2 Post By TheCaptain
  • 4 Post By algiorda
  • 2 Post By Ponyman
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Possible New SRX Owner in Cadillac SRX Forums; My wife and I are looking to trade in our Town & Country van for a SRX. We have looked ...
    jeepmann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Possible New SRX Owner

My wife and I are looking to trade in our Town & Country van for a SRX. We have looked at a couple 2010s with FWD and AWD and both the 3.0 and the 2.8 Turbo. I am just looking for some feedback for things to look out for or if there are certain things to stee clear of. Any info would be great! This will be our first newer Cadillac, the other is a 1956. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Possible New SRX Owner

don't buy a 2010! buy a 2012 or 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ladypro View Post
    don't buy a 2010! buy a 2012 or 2013
    I would love to but my wallet won't let me lol

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Jeepmann, thanks for considering a SRX! If you have any vehicle questions or would like me to pass along the build sheet for a particular SRX you have your eye on, please let me know. I'm always happy to research further for you, and my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Don't buy a 2010 with the 2.8 turbo.... Worst engine GM ever built. The 3.0 engine is nothing special. I had 2010 premium collection FWD. Like the vehicle really well, just not enough power for me!!!!The ride was good and handling was good also. I think their are many 2010's on the market right now...
    Cadillac of Las Vegas West had several on the lot about 3 weeks ago.....But, stay away from the 2.8!!!!!Just my opinion.......The 3.6 engine is really good. It is day & night from the 3.0.....

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    Don't buy a 2010 with the 2.8 turbo.... Worst engine GM ever built. The 3.0 engine is nothing special. I had 2010 premium collection FWD. Like the vehicle really well, just not enough power for me!!!!The ride was good and handling was good also. I think their are many 2010's on the market right now...
    Cadillac of Las Vegas West had several on the lot about 3 weeks ago.....But, stay away from the 2.8!!!!!Just my opinion.......The 3.6 engine is really good. It is day & night from the 3.0.....
    Why do you consider it the worst engine? Do you have examples if major engine issues? I have done some searching and haven't found any many issues. The one we are looking at is a 2.8 turbo and it drives nice.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I have a 2010 3.0 FWD. I have a heavy foot and it has plenty of power but my wife and I are the only passengers. Towing or full laod of pasengers would make a difference. First I heard of the turbo 2.8 being a bad motor but it does take premium fuel. You can alway buy an extended warranty.
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

The 3.0L is a good engine too, it's just a little low on the torque for a vehicle of its size.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

PearlWhiteSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX4 Performance Radiant Silver

I have a 2010 AWD Performance with the 3.0 engine and I love it. Haven't found anything yet that I don't like. Great mileage and plenty of power for what I need and it runs on regular fuel! Last 2 cars were a 2008 DTS Performance and 2005 STS RWD both with V8 engines and premium fuel requirements. Good luck with your search...I think you will love the SRX.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

I have a 2010 also and test drove the 2013. I see marginal differences in the overall ride between the two vehicles IMHO. The 2013 may be a little quieter.

I would be vigilant in checking the recall and service history. There have been some chronic problems with the Radio, rear end noise, etc. I have not had ONE thing go wrong with my SRX so it seems to be hit-or-miss; as with all vehicles.

Best of luck with your choice; I wouldn't be skeptical at all of getting a 2010; it's probably an excellent financial choice!

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

IMHO, if yout took more extended test drive of the 2013 you would see a vastly improved ride, quietness, and refinement. Our 13 doesn't even seem like the same car as our 10 did. That said, like you, our 10 was trouble free except for the dreaded chrome strip recall, and that was only a one time deal for us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.