Questions about your Caddy: Does it need repairs?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 6 Post By TheCaptain
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Questions about your Caddy: Does it need repairs? in Cadillac SRX Forums; If you have any of the following you need a repair. 1. Does you Nav always display the legal warning ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Questions about your Caddy: Does it need repairs?

If you have any of the following you need a repair.

1. Does you Nav always display the legal warning screen every time you activate it?
    2. Does your State always say "Washington DC" in your Nav destination screen even though you have entered your own locale at least once previously?
    3. Does you radio/nav unit not return to the same last-chosen item (channel, HD, etc.) when you start your vehicle?
    4. Does either of your side mirrors have less than three pieces of chrome surrounding it?
    5. Does either of your headlight housings have condensation that won't go away?
    6. Is the lighting above your license plate still covered by two diffuser lens?
    7. Do you hear clicking behind your center stack?
    8. Do you hear grinding in the front end when the ambient is below freezing?

This is just the short list of things I've encountered that needed repairing.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Questions about your Caddy: Does it need repairs?

i don't have any chrome on my 2012 mirrors

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by ladypro View Post
    i don't have any chrome on my 2012 mirrors
    Steve is talking about a small "triangular" trim piece that is located just in front of the mirrors. Some of the early 2010 SRX's had their trim adhesive loosen up and or fall off. I had one piece come loose on my 2010 SRX.

Steve, why are you starting up yet another repairs/ warranty/ problems thread?

There are so many other threads already created on our site dealing with the exact same issues... and you have posted in all of them. If you feel the need to repost the same information then just go back into the other threads.

IMO: The only reason you started up yet another problem thread is to just stir up the pot again!

FYI: Just another one of your same previous postings below.

Re: How many times has your SRX gone back for warranty service?

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I have a 2010 Premium that has approx. 18K miles on it. Here's all my warranty work:

1. Left rear red reflector fell off and had to be replaced.
    2. The chrome pieces surrounding the front mirrors on both sides fell off and had to be replaced. THREE TIMES!
    3. Have had the Radio/Nav unit replaced two times due to Washington DC always being the default; wouldn't remember the last selected channel; always got Nav warning screen.
    4. No A/C coming out of the rear vents.
    5. Rearview mirror had to be replaced due to excess movement.
    6. Bluetooth failure due to Logic Lock.
    7. Left license plate light lens cover fell off.
    8. New front windshield due to delamination in the upper left and right corners.
    9. Replaced driver's side headlight due to condensation and water standing in it.

I treat my car very carefully and keep it spotless. This is the first American car I've had in a very long time. I've never had so many problems with other cars I've owned. When Consumer Reports says the "predicted reliability" on this car is not very good, I think you can see why if mine is any indication.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Tis very true steve, there is no need to replicate threads. I'll close this one in the meantime.
    GMJim, GMJim, Marc NY and 3 others like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.