Windows suddenly down
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Windows suddenly down in Cadillac SRX Forums; OK, I think our SRX is trying to play tricks on us at this point We remote started the car ...
    carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

Windows suddenly down

OK, I think our SRX is trying to play tricks on us at this point

We remote started the car a couple of hours ago and then extended the run time once. When we went out to it, all the windows were rolled down exactly one-quarter of the way. It was snowing out, but there was barely any snow in the car, indicating they had just rolled down. I first assumed it was user error and tried to duplicate it by holding the unlock button to roll them down, then trying to interrupt them when the windows were 1/4 down. But they rolled all the way down anyway, making me think that something is actually wrong.

I'm waiting for a call back from our dealer, but does someone else have any clue what can cause all the windows to spontaneously be 1/4 of the way down?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: Windows suddenly down

No idea but that happened to me afew times when I'd start the car in the garage I came out and windows were 1/4 down 1x and all the way on all 4 another. Must be some setting. I think you can program it to have windows down...not sure.

cannon1017 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX 2012 CTS

I started my car remotely yesterday and the driver side windows both were down when I got to the car. I have remoted started dozens of times and this never happened until yesterday. Weird that this is the first time I have seen this topic on this board.

poolandgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, 2012

When my wife put her remote through the wash, all windows went down and the rear gate went up. Twice, before we found out what caused it. Let us know what dealer finds.

OK, thanks for the replies, folks. The SRX is at the dealership now. How ironic that one of you would have a similar issue on the same day as us...

I researched in the owners manual to see if I could find anything that could possibly be related to this. The only two things I could find were the "hold unlock" function that I previously mentioned, or the windows' object detection function. But neither of those quite fit either - the hold unlock function will always roll the windows down completely (they were only down 1/4 of the way) and the object detection will reverse the window's function if it detects something when someone attempts to roll one up (no one was even there, and all four windows were down). So I'm baffled for the moment.

It's somewhat relieving to once again hear that our SRX is not unique to this issue, but at the same time, it worries me that something undiagnosed like this would rear its ugly head during a blizzard or thunderstorm. We'll see if the dealer finds something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Carbeck, I hope you will keep us updated on your progress. As always, please let me know if you would like any assistance working with your dealer towards a resolution! I'm available via private message, and I'll check back on this thread for your updates.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Well, the short story is, they found nothing. No error codes, no nothing.

Carbeck, I'm sorry to hear that! Is your SRX still at the dealer? Please do let me know if you would like me to document additional feedback you may have on the experience or look into your concerns further for you. Feel free to PM me anytime for further assistance!

Katie

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Something very similar happened to me this evening... Looks like mine is the first 2013 reported here with this issue.

I tried to remote start (using key fob, not the OnStar smartphone app) and when I got to the car it wasn't running. Instead, driver door was unlocked, driver window was 3/4 down, front passenger side window was all the way down and both rear windows were 3/4 down.

This is a very mysterious car! Going to monitor this and if it happens again, I will be taking it to the dealer since I also have a couple of minor issues with CUE to get addressed. It is still less than 2 weeks old. Otherwise, love this vehicle!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Unknown if hitting another button on the remote cancels the windows during operation...
    It shouldn't happen while trying to start the vehicle though...
    vi2k13 and vi2k13 like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post

Unknown if hitting another button on the remote cancels the windows during operation...
    It shouldn't happen while trying to start the vehicle though...
    Thanks, Captain!

Now that you pointed out... It could very well have been me pressing and holding the unlock button instead of start.

It's funny that after this incident I searched the PDF manual for "windows" and yet missed this section completely. Oh, well... getting old I guess.

tmw
    tmw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by poolandgolf View Post
    When my wife put her remote through the wash, all windows went down and the rear gate went up. Twice, before we found out what caused it. Let us know what dealer finds.

Some people are afraid of clowns...I've always been afraid of my windows coming down while in a car wash

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    Something very similar happened to me this evening... Looks like mine is the first 2013 reported here with this issue.

I tried to remote start (using key fob, not the OnStar smartphone app) and when I got to the car it wasn't running. Instead, driver door was unlocked, driver window was 3/4 down, front passenger side window was all the way down and both rear windows were 3/4 down.

This is a very mysterious car! Going to monitor this and if it happens again, I will be taking it to the dealer since I also have a couple of minor issues with CUE to get addressed. It is still less than 2 weeks old. Otherwise, love this vehicle!
    Hello vi2k13,

I am glad to hear you are loving your 2013 SRX. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the remote start. I can give you contact information for the GM of Canada Cadillac Customer Assistance. The phone number is 1-888-446-2000. Hours: M-F 7:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Sat 7:30 a.m.-6:00 EST. Have a great night!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello vi2k13,

I am glad to hear you are loving your 2013 SRX. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the remote start. I can give you contact information for the GM of Canada Cadillac Customer Assistance. The phone number is 1-888-446-2000. Hours: M-F 7:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Sat 7:30 a.m.-6:00 EST. Have a great night!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Thanks, Laura.

Like I said in my earlier post, I now believe it was my error having read Captain's post. However, I will continue to monitor it if happens again I will engage Cadillac Canada CC.

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    Thanks, Laura.

Like I said in my earlier post, I now believe it was my error having read Captain's post. However, I will continue to monitor it if happens again I will engage Cadillac Canada CC.
    You are welcome vi2k13, have a great night!

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.