Windows suddenly down - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Windows suddenly down in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2012 SRX with 9000 miles on it. My wife lowered the passenger window today (I was in the driver seat) ...
    Ken Davis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Windows suddenly down

2012 SRX with 9000 miles on it. My wife lowered the passenger window today (I was in the driver seat) and each time she tried to restore it to the full up position, it would reach the top and instantly head back down until it was about 3" from full open. Off to the dealer in the next few days I guess... I so want to be impressed with this Cadillac, but as nice as it looks, its beginning to scare me. Took it back to dealer a couple of weeks ago to address the rain sensor wipers going wild, the remote isn't recognized if its in my pocket (no, I'm not a dwarf) and now this.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

The auto up windows have a pinch guard feature. If it senses resistance, it reopens the window. Similar to an overhead door opener. I would suggest checking the window tracks. Failing that, I would guess a faulty sensor or switch.

Max

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Ken, there is a software update that is supposed to help with remote detection inside the vehicle. I would post the link but am on my phone right now. A search of this forum would turn it up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Davis View Post
    2012 SRX with 9000 miles on it. My wife lowered the passenger window today (I was in the driver seat) and each time she tried to restore it to the full up position, it would reach the top and instantly head back down until it was about 3" from full open. Off to the dealer in the next few days I guess... I so want to be impressed with this Cadillac, but as nice as it looks, its beginning to scare me. Took it back to dealer a couple of weeks ago to address the rain sensor wipers going wild, the remote isn't recognized if its in my pocket (no, I'm not a dwarf) and now this.
    Hello Ken Davis,

I am sorry you are experiencing a window malfunction with your SRX. I see you are going to bring your vehicle into the dealer to see if this can be resolved. If you would like to further discuss your current situation and keep us involved throughout this process in working with the dealer, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.