2012 3.6l oil requirements - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 3.6l oil requirements in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by adamjeeps ... The manual does state there should be an oil level sensor but Chris is pretty ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: 2012 3.6l oil requirements

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    ... The manual does state there should be an oil level sensor but Chris is pretty sure it does not. Also, even if it did, sensors can fail, hence the need for a dipstick. It was good you checked and try to check again in 1,000 miles to see if you use any oil.
    Chris is correct, for my last visit to the dealer I asked the service guys if there was an oil level indicator light to warn the driver if their oil level was low. They said there are no warning indicator lights on the SRX. As for adamjeeps feedback his comments are very accurate indeed.

Fun facts: According to automotive engineers the term "Dipstick" is actually referred to as an "Oil Level Indicator" stick. Another term that has changed over the years is when GM use to always use the term "motor" in describing their engines and their plants i.e. "Cadillac Motor Division" however a motor means electric and the term engine is used for gasoline powered, hence motor plants are now called Tonawanda Engine, Flint Engine and Romulus Engine etc etc ... and even the old term Rocker Cover is now commonly referred to as a Valve Cover.

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

Understand I'm not absolutely challenging this but, it appears the 2012 SRX has an OIL LEVEL SENSOR. I found a listing for an OIL LEVEL SENSOR at two on -line GM parts dealers (under electrical).......(it is part number 12639127)

Again, not saying it is absolute....aftermarket GM parts lists do make mistakes.

GM Original Equipment Replacement Parts

2012 CADILLAC SRX LUXURY

All Vehicles - 2012 - CADILLAC - SRX - LUXURY - ELECTRICAL - CHASSIS ELECTRICAL - SENDERS - OIL LEVEL SENSOR

ELECTRICAL
    CHASSIS ELECTRICAL
    SENDERS
    OIL LEVEL SENSOR

Part # / Keyword Search

ELECTRICAL / CHASSIS ELECTRICAL / SENDERS / OIL LEVEL SENSOR

OIL LEVEL SENSOR SRX

MSRP

$33.48

$0.00

$7.72

$25.76

woodytwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD

Just spent $4,500. on a replacement engine for my wife's Kia Rondo. It was a 2007 and 20,000 miles out of warranty. But was always serviced by the Kia Dealer where she bought. Engine came to a halt one day: Engine was checked and there was not a drop of oil in it. The Oil pressure idiot light did not come on not any other light for that matter. Shs had the oil changed just 6 weeks prior or 4,000 miles ago. Best bet was the clown that changed to oil, drained out the old but did not refill it. Dealer said there was a "leak" and would not do a thing about it. Nor would Kia either saying it was a dealer problem since it was out of warranty.

Who ever checks their oil level these days???

Lesson learned. 1. Check the oil level when you leave the dealer and 2. Check level monthly.

Yes, it could happen with my 2012 SRX.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Woody we may have an oil level sensor on our SRXs. The manual says we do but it could be wrong. A member here says they found the part listed in the parts catalog so who knows. That's a hell of a leak that you didn't see on your driveway or garage floor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.