Cracked Windshield
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cracked Windshield in Cadillac SRX Forums; Bought a new 2012 a few weeks ago. After one week a horizontal crack appeared mid-way up the windshiled starting ...
    rhecht is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cracked Windshield

Bought a new 2012 a few weeks ago. After one week a horizontal crack appeared mid-way up the windshiled starting on the right side and moving in towards the center (about 8" long). Went to the dealer and told my salesperson, who then went into the new car manager and told him what was going on. This guy wouldn't even come out of his office to talk to me or look at the windshield. My sales person came out and told me that they don't cover glass under any circumstances and that I should make a claim through my insurance. Needless to say I was not happy and left. This was a Saturday morning, so I went home and called Cadillac Customer Service. After explaining the situation, she told me to go back to the dealer on Monday and see the Service Manager, and that she would be in touch with him also. Anyway, I did that and they covered the replacement under warranty, no problem. So, anyone out there having the same problem, don't be put off by your dealer. Go up the food chain until you get satisfaction.

By the way, the dealer claimed it was a stone chip and I say it was a stress crack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Re: Cracked Windshield

You gotta wonder about customer service when it is not important enough to Give a customer who just spent $50k a few minutes of his time.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rhecht View Post
    ... By the way, the dealer claimed it was a stone chip and I say it was a stress crack.

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    You gotta wonder about customer service when it is not important enough to Give a customer who just spent $50k a few minutes of his time.
    With out knowing all the particulars here I would have to agree that there is no reason why the Service Mgr. couldn't have at least taken a closer look at that issue and then discussed it over with their Customer face to face. That seems very unusual that this didn't take place ... as we all know every dealership's personnel should be very concerned as they are all rated by customer satisfaction surveys.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Rhecht, I'm pleased to hear the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center was able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction! If you would ever like me to look into your case details for you, or if you have any future questions, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

BlackDeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

I had the same problem with my 2011 SRX last summer. I took it to Gold Coast Cadillac and after a quick look they said it was a stress crack and would be replaced under warranty. This is the 3rd Cadillac I've purchased from them and they treat me and my car great.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Great to hear, BlackDeVille!
    Take care,
    Sarah (Assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.