Cadillac Customer Service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cadillac Customer Service in Cadillac SRX Forums; Purchased a 2012 SRX Luxury in late December in Orlando FL. From the first visit to the dealer this has ...
    tzphgc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Purchased a 2012 SRX Luxury in late December in Orlando FL. From the first visit to the dealer this has not been a good experience. The dealer made the transaction harder than it should have been, at delivery the car required 3+ hours of waxing and buffing to get rid of hundreds of white stains, the customer survey returned application errors when I tried to submit. After completing the survey and not being contacted for two weeks, I sent an e-mail to the "assist" e-mail address. In the note I made it clear I did not want to be contacted by the typical contact center agent...I only wanted to speak with someone not told to follow "the script" and be empowered to listen to all the failures along the way. After the second call I was told the matter would be referred back to the very dealer who caused the problem and to who I will not return. Now two more weeks have passed and....nothing. After owning many cars, it is disaaponting Cadillac does not take thier own customer satisfaction slogans seriously. Does anyone have advice for contacting Cadillac and actually being able to speak with someone who can listen and resolve two minor issues and acknowldge this should not have been this hard. At this rate, there will be a 2012 with less than 1,000 miles up for sale very soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    What happened besides the excessive cleaning?

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Cadillac Customer Service

I am sorry to hear about all your troubles ... there is Katie a Cadillac Customer Service person that visits our site regularly who you can contact for help or you can call directly to get a Cadillac Customer Service Rep @ 1-800-458-8006. They are very helpful and should be able to assist you with any of your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    ... I'm available at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you continue to have frustrations and would like me to investigate.

Best,

Katie

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks for jumping in with the info, Marc!

Tzphgc, I am indeed happy to research your concern further and explore your next steps with you. As Marc posted, my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and including the last eight of your VIN in your message to me would be very helpful.

Best,

Katie

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

I will be interested to see how this turns out. In all previous instances here Cadillac Customer Service has referred people to their selling dealer. They've stated that dealers set their own policies and they have little control over these things. I am hopeful that a different outcome occurs here.
    Having said that, we still don't fully know what the issue is here. The only mention was of the buffing of scratches. The dealer fixed that so what's left?

The original issue was a misleading coupon on the dealer's website regarding a year end discount. I was originally dismissed when I brought it to the dealer's attention. After writing a letter to the BBB, the general manager honored the offer and fixed the web site. Then...after e-mailing back and forth many times and striking a deal, 30 minutes later I was told (by e-mail) the only Black SRX Luxury had been sold without the sales manager knowing. It took another call to the GM, and an accusation of questionable ethics to get the dealer to find a second car to honor the deal we had agreed to. Then to go to the dealer and have the car require 3 more hours of prep, when they had it for a week over the holidays, completely took all satisfaction out of the buying process. On the way home I noted two small flaws that should be corrected. After my experience with the dealer I don't want to return to their location. I would have expected Cadillac to step in, indicate they had addressed my concerns with the dealer, and figure out a way to resolve the two small defects. Instead I got nothing but a customer service agent who was required to follow the pre-defined script and do nothing to actually resolve the situation. I don't want anything excessive...just to know that Cadillac will address the situation with the dealer, and for them to figure out another dealer who will fix the two flaws.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by tzphgc View Post
    The original issue was a misleading coupon on the dealer's website regarding a year end discount. I was originally dismissed when I brought it to the dealer's attention. After writing a letter to the BBB, the general manager honored the offer and fixed the web site. Then...after e-mailing back and forth many times and striking a deal, 30 minutes later I was told (by e-mail) the only Black SRX Luxury had been sold without the sales manager knowing. It took another call to the GM, and an accusation of questionable ethics to get the dealer to find a second car to honor the deal we had agreed to. Then to go to the dealer and have the car require 3 more hours of prep, when they had it for a week over the holidays, completely took all satisfaction out of the buying process. On the way home I noted two small flaws that should be corrected. After my experience with the dealer I don't want to return to their location. I would have expected Cadillac to step in, indicate they had addressed my concerns with the dealer, and figure out a way to resolve the two small defects. Instead I got nothing but a customer service agent who was required to follow the pre-defined script and do nothing to actually resolve the situation. I don't want anything excessive...just to know that Cadillac will address the situation with the dealer, and for them toow figure out another dealer who will fix the two flaws.
    We all know dealerships have to make money. The first quote I received was about $3,000 more than their own website was advertising for the exact SRX. You can't take these things too personal. I also realize everybody is different. I like the haggling over prices and such. Why not try the selling dealer's service department? I'm sure they will attend to your defects. What are the two defects? We like to absorb as much information as possible here. Every issue that gets reported here can possibly help someone else.

Hope everything gets resolved and let's see some pics!

I understand the need to make money...we are all in a business of some sort. When I originally brought the misleading web content to their attention, all they had to do was tell me it was a good catch and the would fix it. A bonus would have been to offer a few hundred dollars off the car if I bought it. Instead they acted arrogant and dismissive with no indication the content was in fact misleading. When the GM got involved, he did the right thing and offered to honor the deal....which was actually in line with what I read here for other year end deals on 2012's. Then after a day of negotiation with the sales manager on a trade in value, I am told, in n e-mail, the only car was "just sold" more than 30 minutes after I had agreed to the trade in offer...in writing. The two flaws are a scratch in the center of the speedo and a chip on the front bumper.....both cosmetic but noticeable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.