The wife wants a SRX!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, The wife wants a SRX!!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; My wife has been asking to look for a 2010-2012 model SRX, so now I am finally starting my search ...
    teebo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2008 Escalade

Thumbs up The wife wants a SRX!!!!

My wife has been asking to look for a 2010-2012 model SRX, so now I am finally starting my search I have just a few questions.
    1 What are the differences between the premium and the performance models?
    2. What year model would be better to buy? I have a 2008 Escalade, and they are getting better every year.
    3. What problems should i be looking for when narrowing my search down?

If anybody has any good pointers to help in my search, I would really appreicate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: The wife wants a SRX!!!!

1. The premium has rear seat heat, front seat coolers, and back seat audio controls.

2. 2012 is the way to go. The 3.6 engine is much better than the 10-11 offerings. You may be able to find a leftover 2012 brand new with a HUGE discount. The 2012 year also ironed out a few wrinkles the new model 2010's had.

3. If you buy used, look out for the Chrome Tech wheels peeling. I can't chime in too much on problems, we just bought our 2012 a couple months ago.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

The 2010 performance doesn't have the passive key entry system. If you can find a 2010 2.8 Turbo, they have a lot of get up and go.

teebo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2008 Escalade

Thanks, adamjeeps, and zinner!!!

I'll have to add this to my list. Does it have a rough ride? We use to own a 2010 Toyota Venza, and the 20" tires made the ride stiff.

Also, the 3.6 in the 2012 only requires regular unleaded, not supreme. Most would say the 20's don't make the ride harsh. The $300/each Michelin tires help keep it smooth.

Let us know if you have any other questions, there are lots of super knowledgeable members here!

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Go 2012. the 2012 also has some suspension improvements and some additional sound insulation. The 3.6L is what the srx should have come with from the start. The 3.0L is not horrible but is very torque challenged and you have to put your foot into to make it go. The 3.6L doesnt have that issue.

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    I agree with previous comments....go with the 2012.....the 3.6 is a must.....I find this is a heavy car......this what I got myself at the end of last year...I haven't had any problems so far.....if you are lucky you may still find a few new units with HUGE discounts but that would be surprising....they were going pretty fast....good luck and let us know what you end up with.

wwolfe68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

There are few 12's left out there but yes HUGE Discounts!!!!! Just got mine over the weekend and they had to pull mine (Premium Pkg / Platinum Ice / Rear DVD / AWD) from dealer over 200 miles away. My local dealer has not had a premium 12's on the lot for 2 months. Discounts were over $8000 off MSRP. This is for my wife as well and she went from a 11' Tahoe LTZ to the SRX. She wanted a smaller vehicle and so far (fingers and toes crossed) she loves it. Now I just need to accessorize it!

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

My 2010 Luxury takes regular fuel, confused on the comment about premium. Perhaps the 2011, 2012's they switched it to premium?
    The 2010's had a grinding noise in the steering wheel area, mine was "fixed" but came back, it's a cold weather issue it seems. I have had alot of issues with my RPM guage fluttering, had to replace a coil and some spark plug and now I'm having intermittent issues with getting this message that says engine power reduced, the car engine gets really loud when this happens, check engine light comes on and stabilitrack light comes on. The only solution has been to pull over, shut off and restart. The issue seems to resolve after that. I"m going to be ditching this car - I have no warranty and I'm leary that this is going to be an expensive fix if I do choose to try to fix it based on what others have posted about this happening to them.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Note to previous poster Premium refers to the equipment/accessory package not fuel.

We have a 2012 which we got in October of 2011, SRX4 Premium package, chrome wheels, regular spare. We've put 12,300 miles on it and love it. I've driven 2010's and 11's and would highly recommend that you buy the 2012 or 13 if for no other reason to get the 3.6 engine. There are some great deals on 12's right now, so good luck with your decision.
    Bill

The Turbo engine required premium gasoline.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Teebo....

Do not buy an 2010 with the 2.8 turbo. That may be the worst engine that GM ever built, it lasted one model year (2010) go for the 3.6 in the 2012 model. That is a great engine. I just bought an 2013 with that engine, so much better than the 3.0 that i had in my 2010. Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum!!!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    My wife has been asking to look for a 2010-2012 model SRX, so now I am finally starting my search I have just a few questions.
    1 What are the differences between the premium and the performance models?
    2. What year model would be better to buy? I have a 2008 Escalade, and they are getting better every year.
    3. What problems should i be looking for when narrowing my search down?

If anybody has any good pointers to help in my search, I would really appreicate it.
    teebo,

The SRX is a great vehicle, that we’re sure your wife will love! Additional information regarding the varying differences between the year models you have inquired about are available at:

2010: http://media.gm.com/content/media/us.../srx/2010.html

2011: http://media.gm.com/content/media/us.../srx/2011.html

2012: http://media.gm.com/content/media/us.../srx/2012.html

If you need assistance locating an SRX near you or setting up a test drive, please contact me privately with your information.

Louis (assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post
    My 2010 Luxury takes regular fuel, confused on the comment about premium. Perhaps the 2011, 2012's they switched it to premium?
    The 2010's had a grinding noise in the steering wheel area, mine was "fixed" but came back, it's a cold weather issue it seems. I have had alot of issues with my RPM guage fluttering, had to replace a coil and some spark plug and now I'm having intermittent issues with getting this message that says engine power reduced, the car engine gets really loud when this happens, check engine light comes on and stabilitrack light comes on. The only solution has been to pull over, shut off and restart. The issue seems to resolve after that. I"m going to be ditching this car - I have no warranty and I'm leary that this is going to be an expensive fix if I do choose to try to fix it based on what others have posted about this happening to them.
    cadigirlchicago2,

I’m sorry you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Has the vehicle been inspected for this most recent issue?

Please feel free to contact me with your information so I can look into this further.

Louis (assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.