Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well I wish I had done a little more research before I purchased the Weathertech Floor Mat system for my ...
    dmiller78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury all wheel drive 3.6

Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit.

Well I wish I had done a little more research before I purchased the Weathertech Floor Mat system for my new 2012 SRX. The passenger side fits perfectly. However the driver side carpet posts, (those little posts attached to the carpeting to hold the floor mats in place are not properly sized for Weathertech's Digital Floor Mat. It was extremely tough to get them snapped in place. But once I did, I could NOT get them out. I tried everything I could think of and finally popped one off only to realize that I had snaped the plastic bracket embedded in the Weathertech mat right off the mat itself and now the drivers side is worthless. I am asking the manufacturer to help me but so far I have not had any response. Do NOT buy these mats until they have corrected the design flaw. Better check directly with the Manufacturer, not a middle man. Great American made product. I just hope they back it up and make it right. I paid a lot of money for these mats. I want to say they will either refund my money or replace it with a corrected mat, but so far they have not done a thing. Better NOT buy the Weathertech product until you have seen the second half of my post in a couple weeks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wwolfe68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit.

ordered my set yesterday....guess we will see how they work in my 12' SRX. I ordered mine direct from Weathertec. I had these in both my Tahoes and switched them from vehicle to vehicle....they are great products.

witz5557 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 AWD Performance SRX
    I just experienced the same problem with my digital inserts for my 2012 SRX and actually snapped the post underneath the carpet. When I tried to reinstall the mat after cleaning it, I actually broke off a small piece from the female part of the insert and now it cannot snap in place. I called Weathertech and explained the problem. They indicated that they were aware of problems with the insert properly fitting SRX's and would send me a replacement front set. They indicated that there was no fix for the problem yet but I would have the new mats in 5 days or sooner since it was still under warranty. Next time I remove the driver side insert for cleaning I will pry it off with a screwdriver to not snap the post. Hope they can come up with a solution for a better fit.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Do the weathertech mats that are available for the 2013 SRX fit correctly? The mats that i have in my 2010 will not fit the 2013, that i know for
    sure. I tried them in a new 2013, on friday. The part number for the 2013 must be different than the 2012 as well. Keep us informed, as this could be an on going problem!!!!!

chadurban is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX
    Just ordered my set the other day for my 2012 SRX. I guess we'll see what happens when it gets here.

Received my weathertec digifit mats for the front row and second row area of my 12 SRX yesterday. They are gray and match my carpet great. Fit was great and no issues. Such a nicer all weather mat than the heavy duty rubber ones that came from the factory as an option.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by wwolfe68 View Post
    Received my weathertec digifit mats for the front row and second row area of my 12 SRX yesterday. They are gray and match my carpet great. Fit was great and no issues. Such a nicer all weather mat than the heavy duty rubber ones that came from the factory as an option.
    Did your driver side mat snap in well or did it take a hammer to get it locked in place?

wwolfe68.....

Glad to hear that the digital liners fit well. I guess weathertech has the problem solved now....Enjoy your ride!!!!

Likely

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

I was just at the factory store in Bolingbrook on Monday and picked up a complete set for our '13 and everything fits perfectly. After I had purchased them, we were still in the store looking around and the gal that helped us came up and said that she wasn't sure if the posts were going to be correct and if I had problems, to give her a call and she would send out the correct set overnight. I installed them last night and everything fits perfectly so if I were you guys, I would call Weathertech directly and I am sure they will make it right. They seemed more than accommodating and if you get a chance you really need to visit the Factory store. It's a very nice place.

no issue on the driver side...only had to apply minimal force to get them to snap/lock in. great product

JWLaRue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Can you share with us the model/order number for the front mats? Some of us have yet to hear back from WeatherTech......

-tnx,

Jeff

P/n 463831 & 462782 in grey.

Cust po# 95430204

chadurban is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX
    Got my mats in for my 2012 and put them in today. Fit perfect, driver side snapped right in nice and easy.

Glad to hear that your mats fit perfect....Good to know that weathertech got them right....Enjoy your ride!!!!

dbair07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

I have also had issues with the 2013 mats. Passenger side doesn't even snap into place it just sits on the post. Driver side snaps into place with A LOT of force. I needed pliers to remove them! I have ordered almost a dozen sets of these mats for various people and myself and this is the first time I have seen this. I also contacted Weathertech.ca and they stated they know of the issue and just to use some force when removing them.
    TheCaptain likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.