Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I got Weathertech liners for my '12 SRX as a Christmas present. The driver's side mat never fit correctly. I ...
    cannon1017 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX 2012 CTS

Weathertech (Again)

I got Weathertech liners for my '12 SRX as a Christmas present. The driver's side mat never fit correctly. I wrote to them and they sent me both passenger and driver's side replacement liners. The new driver's side mat fits even worse than the first one. It doesn't snap into the posts and the sides are bowed and actually interfere with my foot near the accelerator. Anyone having better luck than me?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Re: Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit.

I'm in the same boat as dbair07. I don't clip my mats down in the '13.
    ----------
    Cannon1017
    Please do not create duplicate threads of the same topic.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Got my drivers side clipped down. Now can't get it off. Acts like it will tear a hole in the carpet before it lets go. Guess I will get out my sharp knife and trim the hole a little to get it off. That said, I still don't think you can gt better protection for your carpets.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

I have the weathertech digital floor mats in my 2013. They fit perfect.....I wouldn't be without them, easy to clean, sure saves the carpet down here in AZ. when the oil from the asphalt sticks to your shoes, sandals, flips flops, or what ever you are wearing. When it gets up to 115, 120 degrees.
    Trust me I know!!!! I clean mine with "purple power" I get it at walmart, works great.....

Likely

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

After snapping my drivers side Weathertech mat down, I also had problems removing it. I called Weathertech and they have not changed the design. They recommended prying the mat off the carpet posts.

The posts have a flat surface where they attach to the carpet. I used a long screwdriver with a flat blade that is 7/16" wide. By pushing the blade between the floor mat and the flat surface, all it took was a twist to pop the mat off the posts.

As I pryed the second fastener loose, it came apart. The disk that is visible on the top of the mat is a separate piece that snaps into the retainer on the bottom of the mat. The two pieces snapped together one on top and the other on the bottom.

After vacuuming the grit that accumulated next to the mats and snapping the retainer back together, I pushed them down over the posts again and the mat is securely anchored in place once again.

After discovering how they are assembled and the durability of the fasteners, I am very pleased and confident the mats will last as long as I keep my 2013.

----------

For those of you who are having trouble snapping the mats in place, please do not drive without having them securely fastened. The vertical side next to the console will bow out as you move your feet and could interfere with the accelerator operation.

I had the same difficulty and drove for a few days without them being fastened and after experiencing the interference, determinedly found a way to position them and push the fasteners into place. I carefully felt the top of the posts with my fingers and lined up the Weathertech fasteners precisely on top of the posts. I then pushed down with all of my weight by bracing my back against the bottom of the steering column. I could hear and feel the solid snap as they seated on the posts.

After removing as explained previously in this post, installing them a second time was much easier because I know how to line them up. Lining the fasteners up precisely on top of the carpet posts is key to being able to install them.

Again, please do not drive without securely fastening them because we don't want any SRX sudden acceleration incidents.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen
    After snapping my drivers side Weathertech mat down, I also had problems removing it. I called Weathertech and they have not changed the design. They recommended prying the mat off the carpet posts.

The posts have a flat surface where they attach to the carpet. I used a long screwdriver with a flat blade that is 7/16" wide. By pushing the blade between the floor mat and the flat surface, all it took was a twist to pop the mat off the posts.

As I pryed the second fastener loose, it came apart. The disk that is visible on the top of the mat is a separate piece that snaps into the retainer on the bottom of the mat. The two pieces snapped together one on top and the other on the bottom.

After vacuuming the grit that accumulated next to the mats and snapping the retainer back together, I pushed them down over the posts again and the mat is securely anchored in place once again.

After discovering how they are assembled and the durability of the fasteners, I am very pleased and confident the mats will last as long as I keep my 2013.

----------

For those of you who are having trouble snapping the mats in place, please do not drive without having them securely fastened. The vertical side next to the console will bow out as you move your feet and could interfere with the accelerator operation.

I had the same difficulty and drove for a few days without them being fastened and after experiencing the interference, determinedly found a way to position them and push the fasteners into place. I carefully felt the top of the posts with my fingers and lined up the Weathertech fasteners precisely on top of the posts. I then pushed down with all of my weight by bracing my back against the bottom of the steering column. I could hear and feel the solid snap as they seated on the posts.

After removing as explained previously in this post, installing them a second time was much easier because I know how to line them up. Lining the fasteners up precisely on top of the carpet posts is key to being able to install them.

Again, please do not drive without securely fastening them because we don't want any SRX sudden acceleration incidents.
    Just to add to the discussion, my OEM carpeted driver's side mat is difficult to pull up. I use my thumb on top of the post while pulling up the mat. It's a bit tricky every time.

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

I purchased the complete set of mats, front, back and cargo area from the factory store in Bolingbrook, IL back March not too long after we purchased the car and everything fit perfectly. Odd thing is, since it has gotten hot out, the passenger side front mat has changed almost like the heat has affected it. It is now too narrow, like the sides have rolled up and it no longer will fasten to the posts. We are planning on going up to Chicago tomorrow for the Blackhawk's Parade and I hope to stop at the store to see what they will do.

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

We had a weird one with our mats. They fit perfectly when I installed them but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the passenger side front mat not longer fit properly. It was too narrow and no longer fit on the post properly, either. We went back to the factory store in Bollingbrook yesterday with our receipt and they came out and looked at the mats. Took both front mats out of the car and gave us a brand new set. You can argue with that kind of customer service. They also said that they had made a note in out records and if it did it again just to call them up and they would overnight another set right away. They have nice stuff, it is expensive but if they stand behind it like that I will continue to buy from them.

The saga continues...I got an email from Weathertech today that said the replacement mats they had sent were still the wrong ones and that they will be sending a replacement for the replacement shortly.

dbair07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

Update on this issue. I contacted Weathertech to see if the issue was fixed or get a refund and this is the response I received from customer support:

Hey Derek
    Unfortunately we are still having some difficulties with the retention
    systems in this vehicle. It is in the process of being changed, however,
    I am not sure how much longer it need to be complete. WeatherTech will
    offer you a full refund on the Front Floor Liners, however, You would be
    responsible for the freight back to us. What we would have to do is
    email you a RAN#, write this clearly on the return box and ship them
    back. We recommend using Canada post as they have the best rates. Once
    we receive them back we would offer you the full refund.
    Let me know how you would like to proceed.
    Spencer
    [/I][/B]

I will be sending these back, receive a refund and purchase husky liners to see if these are better.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX Premium AWD Black/Ebony w/Dr Assist & 20" Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair07
    Update on this issue. I contacted Weathertech to see if the issue was fixed or get a refund and this is the response I received from customer support:

Hey Derek
    Unfortunately we are still having some difficulties with the retention
    systems in this vehicle. It is in the process of being changed, however,
    I am not sure how much longer it need to be complete. WeatherTech will
    offer you a full refund on the Front Floor Liners, however, You would be
    responsible for the freight back to us. What we would have to do is
    email you a RAN#, write this clearly on the return box and ship them
    back. We recommend using Canada post as they have the best rates. Once
    we receive them back we would offer you the full refund.
    Let me know how you would like to proceed.
    Spencer

I will be sending these back, receive a refund and purchase husky liners to see if these are better.
    Have you considered buying an OEM set on eBay? I am sure you could get a set for less than the $150 the dealers charge with free shipping and no sales tax, plus they would fit perfectly. Personally, the aftermarket sets just aren't as good and the fit is marginal at best, but I know a lot of people who swear by them as they are pressing down a corner or two with their feet and telling me they will adjust/fit in time. Right.

Well, miracles do happen. I received my second replacement set of Weathertech mats yesterday and they fit. The originals were a Christmas gift, so it only took almost 7 months to get this right.

kanundrum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I got my 2nd set and they don't fit still, emailed them.

Ill get another set and probably just design my own mounting system/solution.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

OK, I just have to ask....what is the big deal here anyway?

My weathertech liners have never 'snapped' onto the posts, they just fit/lay over them....that being said - with as well as the liners are made to fit (they absolutely fill the entire foot-well) there is NO WAY they can move anywhere with or without it snapping to the posts! I've had mine for several months, they don't budge an inch. Very happy with my purchase. Would it be nice if they actually 'snapped' onto the posts like the OEM mats? Yes. Does it make any difference at all? No.

I would love to see how anyone could possibly have any issue with the *liners* moving.....even without them 'snapped' in place.

maybe i'm missing something here.

carybrent is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury; Platinum Ice Tricoat

Huskyliners were mentioned in this thread. Has anyone tried these? Neighbor has them in his RX350 and likes them.
    I've seen them and they look much like the Weathertech.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.