ECO Mode and DIC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, ECO Mode and DIC in Cadillac SRX Forums; So we've had vehicle three weeks today and last night was the first time I have actually gotten to drive ...
    warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

ECO Mode and DIC

So we've had vehicle three weeks today and last night was the first time I have actually gotten to drive it. ECO mode is on and I noticed that at times, next to the ECO indicator in the DIC and there is a symbol that looks like a car that lights next to the ECO symbol. I was wondering what that was indicating so I get the manuals out when I get home and for the life of me, I cannot find anything in the manuals about this symbol. I am assuming (I hate that word) that because it is so close to the ECO symbol that they are related but have not been able to confirm that as yet. The only thing I can think of considering when it lights that it is indicating that the torque convertor is locked when that symbol is lit, but once again I haven't been able to confirm that as of yet. Can anybody shed some light on this mysterious little symbol?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

Re: ECO Mode and DIC

Quote Originally Posted by warnercc View Post
    ECO mode is on and I noticed that at times, next to the ECO indicator in the DIC and there is a symbol that looks like a car that lights next to the ECO symbol.
    When lit, the indicator means the car has detected a vehicle directly ahead. I think it's part of the driver awareness package.

That's a different icon. I know where that one is. This is a little green icon shaped like car with the four tires from a perspective if you are looking down from above and is right next to the ECO icon (almost touching). The icon you are referring to is on the left hand side of the DIC and the one I am referring to is on the right. When it lit last night I wasn't anywhere near another car It seemed to lite about the same time as you would expect the torque convertor to be locking up.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

... This is a little green icon shaped like car with the four tires from a perspective if you are looking down from above and is right next to the ECO icon (almost touching).
    Hmmm I am not quite sure what you are describing showing 4 tires from a perspective looking down from above. However, I have noticed a green car icon that shows up just to the left of the ECO light on the right side of the DIC. That happens when you are following behind another vehicle. I have seen it turn amber if you get too close to that vehicle! I believe that is part of the "Driver Awareness" Package.

That's a different icon. I know where that one is. This is a little green icon shaped like car with the four tires from a perspective if you are looking down from above and is right next to the ECO icon (almost touching). The icon you are referring to is on the left hand side of the DIC and the one I am referring to is on the right. When it lit last night I wasn't anywhere near another car It seemed to lite about the same time as you would expect the torque convertor to be locking up.
    Maybe you are referring to the door ajar indicator that is located on the left side of the DIC next to the odometer. I agree with you Marc. The icon next to the ECO light is definitely the vehicle ahead indicator.

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

I don't have the SRX yet so I don't really know exactly where these symbols appear on the instrument panel. But, because you described it as looking down from above could it be the LDW light in the attached page from Owner's Manual? (I know it doesn't look like having 4 tires)
    Attached Files

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by st4422 View Post
    Maybe you are referring to the door ajar indicator that is located on the left side of the DIC next to the odometer. I agree with you Marc. The icon next to the ECO light is definitely the vehicle ahead indicator.
    Here is a picture showing the car icon next to the ECO in the DIC

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    I don't have the SRX yet so I don't really know exactly where these symbols appear on the instrument panel. But, because you described it as looking down from above could it be the LDW light in the attached page from Owner's Manual? (I know it doesn't look like having 4 tires)
    You are probably right. It's the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) light that warnercc is observing. It only operates when lane markers are detected and vehicle speed is above 35 mph so it could light up green about the time you would expect the torque converter to lock. The LDW is in the tach area not the DIC.

Here's a photo of the LDW and door ajar warning lights. LDW is directly above RPM near the tach. Door ajar is just to the right of the odometer in the DIC with the driver's door amber.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    Here is a picture showing the car icon next to the ECO in the DIC

Forgive me, the icon is a rear profile not a an image from above and can be clearly seen in Marc's photo to the left of the ECO symbol. I can't be the lane departure icon (I know where that is and how it works) because when I first observed it I was in the travel lane of a parking lot that had no painted lines what so ever. It's so close to the ECO symbol it has to be related. There were also no other cars around anywhere AND no vibrations in the seat that normally accompany a lane departure or car ahead.

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Now you got me wondering. I will have to try to drive it again this weekend just to see. It's my wife's car and usually she does the driving when we are in it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.