Front Head Light condenstation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Front Head Light condenstation in Cadillac SRX Forums; It's becoming a chronic problem for my on my 2010 SRX. The passenger side has fogged up consistently and eventually ...
    zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Front Head Light condenstation

It's becoming a chronic problem for my on my 2010 SRX. The passenger side has fogged up consistently and eventually it shorts out the lamp. After a time it might dry out enough and now it's happening on the driver side as well. The dealer has cleaned out a clogged drain (3 or 4 times now) and replaced a water logged ballast this last visit. They also "increased ventilation" per the service order. I am not sure if that is a TSB fix or an independent attempt to help alleviate the issue.

Is this common with other SRX owners? It's getting to the point where it's not safe to drive the car at night with the possibility of the lights winking out because of water buildup.

And it's getting to be a rather annoying inconvience to bring it back to service to unclog the lamp housings. I have looked myself but it seems there must be a decent amount of dis-assembly to access said drains as they aren't visible from under the hood with most of the plastic trim removed.

I won't claim to be mr car show of the year, but I do remove leaves when they gather around the wipers/hood, it's not parked under any trees.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
    I had my driver's side headlight assembly replaced under warranty due to internal moisture and condensation. Would have cost me $1, 000 of out of warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Front Head Light condenstation

Zinner, I'm sorry you've been experiencing these frustrations! If you would ever like Customer Service to step in to follow up with your dealer on your behalf, don't hesitate to email me and I can explore your options with you. I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

I believe the headlights are sealed assemblies. From my understanding, they are not designed to "drain" moisture, but rather, not allow moisture to get in in the first place.

My passenger side one had moisture, and I too had the entire assembly replaced under warranty.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Doing more searching I discovered there are two different head lamps the fixed lenses and the articulating lenses. I have the articulating (turn as you turn) in my car. I don't know if it makes a different, we have been lead to believe the lamp assembly is vented/drains, but they are putting it on the work orders so I trust it's there.

I believe if it happens again we will insist that they replace the unit on the passenger side. I would be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.