Automatic door locking?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 4 Post By Marc NY
  • 2 Post By Marc NY
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Automatic door locking? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I can't seem to figure out how to set the automatic door locking feature in my new 2013 SRX. I ...
    Whistlingdixiee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance, Glacier Blue

Automatic door locking?

I can't seem to figure out how to set the automatic door locking feature in my new 2013 SRX. I thought that you could program the car to lock the doors when you get out and walk away a few feet as long as you had the fob in your possession. Was I mistaken? I can't seem to get the car to do that. I have to press the door lock button on the door when I get out. I don't want to have to fish around in my purse for the fob to lock the doors. I've gotten used to
    the keyless features, after my initial trepidation about the fob not working and being
    stranded, and now I'm spoiled! LOL Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Automatic door locking?

Yes you can do that. You can have the SRX automatically lock after 8 seconds. You can also select whether the SRX will have feedback with a No "Chirp" or one with a "chirp" confirmation, telling your that your SRX is now locked. (I use the "chirp" setting)

You can get to that option by going into the Main Menu "Home" screen and then go to the "Settings" area on your CUE screen. Select the "Vehicle" settings. (SRX has to be running to select "Vehicle") That is where you will see another short menu where you can find the Door Remote Lock, Unlock, Start - settings that you want to initiate. You will then need to select "Passive Door Lock" option. You will have one of three settings to pick from "OFF"; On with "Horn Chirp" which will give you a "chirp" confirmation, or just "ON". FYI: There might be a few times that you may not want to hear the horn chirp (i.e. sneaking in at wee hours of the morning ) then you would have to use the Keyfob to lock the door manually.

SELECT SETTTINGS IN CUE:
    SELECT "VEHICLE"
    SELECT "REMOTE LOCK, UNLOCK, START"
    SELECT "PASSIVE DOOR LOCK"
    SELECT "OFF" or
    SELECT "ON WITH HORN CHIRP" or
    SELECT "ON"

**Edited**

Thank you for answering me, Marc NY. I neglected to say that I had already set, through CUE, the "delay door lock"
    feature to ON. I just changed the passive door lock feature to ON, and now the doors lock automatically upon
    exiting. IDK why this works now, but I'm glad it does. Just a side note, I have found that the more I use and mess
    around with CUE the more responsive it becomes, especially in the time it takes to respond. Maybe I'm the one
    who is being trained, but it seems to respond more fluidly after a few weeks of use! I don't have to keep pressing an
    icon over and over to get a response. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon, as well? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Whistlingdixiee View Post
    ... Maybe I'm the one who is being trained, but it seems to respond more fluidly after a few weeks of use! I don't have to keep pressing an
    icon over and over to get a response.
    I wonder if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon, as well? LOL
    It also could be that you know exactly how to select the icons better too. I find that I will target the area slightly above the spot that I want to select and I will press and hold that selection for a "split second" until I sense the hepatic feedback and see the Red Glow area light-up.

Wait a second ... perhaps the CUE (HAL) is getting to understand the operator's "feel" and "reactions" and is learing all your habits much quicker too! LOL

[QUOTE=Marc NY;3225453]It also could be that you know exactly how to select the icons better too. I find that I will target the area slightly above the spot that I want to select and I will press and hold that selection for a "split second" until I sense the hepatic feedback and see the Red Glow area light-up.

Wait a second ... perhaps the CUE (HAL) is getting to understand the operator's "feel" and "reactions" and is learing all your habits much quicker too! LOL
    [/QUO

It certainly has to be the latter half of your comment! All of those hours spent, as a child, planted in front of our black and
    white TV watching Star Trek, have to pay off! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Whistlingdixiee View Post
    It certainly has to be the latter half of your comment! All of those hours spent, as a child, planted in front of our black and white TV watching Star Trek, have to pay off! LOL
    Shhhhhhh you are giving away how old we are to all the younger members on our site. LOL

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    [COLOR="#000080"]It also could be that you know exactly how to select the icons better too. I find that I will target the area slightly above the spot that I want to select and I will press and hold that selection for a "split second" until I sense the hepatic feedback and see the Red Glow area light-up.
    In Vehicle Settings, Display, there is a touchscreen calibration function which may help "hitting" the icons.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I tried calibrating a few times and still have to press just above the buttons. Any other suggestions?

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    I tried calibrating a few times and still have to press just above the buttons. Any other suggestions?
    Calibrate your eyeballs?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    That is what is required for you to do in order for you to get the proper feedback and response.
    Quote Originally Posted by st4422 View Post
    Calibrate your eyeballs?
    ROFLMAO! I tried that too ... and I still need to use my glasses.

ansoninc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistlingdixiee
    I can't seem to figure out how to set the automatic door locking feature in my new 2013 SRX. I thought that you could program the car to lock the doors when you get out and walk away a few feet as long as you had the fob in your possession. Was I mistaken? I can't seem to get the car to do that. I have to press the door lock button on the door when I get out. I don't want to have to fish around in my purse for the fob to lock the doors. I've gotten used to
    the keyless features, after my initial trepidation about the fob not working and being
    stranded, and now I'm spoiled! LOL Thanks for any help
    How would I set up the auto door lock on a 2012 SRX? I had it on my 05 CTS and it is a great safety feature. I could use HAL right about now.
    Thanks
    Diana

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ansoninc View Post
    How would I set up the auto door lock on a 2012 SRX? I had it on my 05 CTS and it is a great safety feature. I could use HAL right about now.
    Thanks
    Diana
    This is an excerpt from the 2012 owners manual. (page 5-45)
    Passive Door Lock:
    (after pressing the <Config> button and turning the <Menu/Select> knob to "PASSIVE DOOR LOCK")
    If the vehicle has the Remote
    Keyless Entry (RKE) system, when
    enabled, this feature allows the
    doors to lock after several seconds
    if all doors are closed and at least
    one RKE transmitter has been
    removed from the interior of the
    vehicle. It does not matter how far
    away the RKE transmitter is from
    the vehicle. This feature can also
    be configured to chirp the horn
    when the doors are passively
    locked.

Press the MENU/SELECT knob
    when Passive Door Lock is
    highlighted. Turn the knob to
    select On With Chirp, On, or Off.
    Press the knob to confirm and go
    back to the last menu.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.