Cruise control light stays on
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By redvett94
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cruise control light stays on in Cadillac SRX Forums; I was driving the wife's 2021 and noticed the light was staying on even if I pushed the butting on ...
    adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Cruise control light stays on

I was driving the wife's 2021 and noticed the light was staying on even if I pushed the butting on the steering wheel multiple times. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

Re: Cruise control light stays on

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I was driving the wife's 2021 and noticed the light was staying on even if I pushed the butting on the steering wheel multiple times. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem?
    You need to push the other crusie control button. Again, GM does not stand for Genius Motors.....

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The white or green light for cruise?
    The white light indicates the car is ready to store your cruise setting.
    The green light indicates that cruise is active.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

redvett94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Might be your vehicle is 8 years newer than us in the real world. Really that you may want to see your dealer.
    Maximumkk and Maximumkk like this.

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

Unlike virtually every other car I have owned. The SRX has an "On" button and a separate "Off" button for the cruise control. Make sure you are pushing the correct button. If you are, you need to take teh car in for service.

Phil

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Uhh. No, the SRX's cruise On/Off button is the same button. If you click it once, the white light comes on. If you click it again, the light goes out.
    You might be referring to the 'cancel' button which lets you kill cruise without touching the brake, and still keep it in memory.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

White light. I assume I was pushing the off button but will make sure. Still doesn't explain why it is coming on without me turning it on.

----------

The U.S. model definitely has a separate on/off button and a cancel button. My wife also pushed the on/off button repeatedly and it would not go off. Sounds like my first trip to the dealer

Got an appointment Monday morning to check it out. Going to have them change oil even though it's only been about 2,000 miles. I don't like the idea of the factory fill being in there that long during break in and the car sat for awhile before we bought it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Adamjeeps, I hope you'll keep us in the loop after your dealer appointment! If you have any lingering concerns and would like us to contact your dealer on your behalf, let us know. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Well I feel dumb, we were both hitting the cancel button instead of the off button. Light is off now.

Marc NY is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Got an appointment Monday morning to check it out. Going to have them change oil even though it's only been about 2,000 miles. I don't like the idea of the factory fill being in there that long during break in and the car sat for awhile before we bought it.
    I would highly recommend that you save your money and wait until your OLM (GM's Oil Life Monitor) goes down to 20% and then take it into your dealership for your free maintenance. With today's hi tech engines and the much better blend of oils there is absolutely no reason for you to worry about your vehicle's oil ... even if it sat on the dealer's lot for an extended period of time.

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

I guess my memory is failing me in my old age. I was sure that I turned off the cruise control light with the second (cancel) button. Not much opportunity to use it around here due to traffic.

Mea Culpa,

Phil

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.