NEVER EVER buy from hitchfinder or Cequent Performance Products
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, NEVER EVER buy from hitchfinder or Cequent Performance Products in Cadillac SRX Forums; I got a hitch and wiring module from them in November. They assured me that the hitch would be covered ...
    shimy86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

NEVER EVER buy from hitchfinder or Cequent Performance Products

I got a hitch and wiring module from them in November. They assured me that the hitch would be covered by the exsisting rear facia door....not...so about $100 for the new door that would from Cadillac. Annoyed by their incompetence and lack of knowledge but whatever. Then Monday night the wife is out with the SRX and it starts on fire at McDonalds drive up. She was not towing a trailer. I had towed a trailer about 20 times since the installation. After the fire department arrived and determined that it was the module, and cut it out, it was completely melted, and never even blew the in line fuse. The car had filled with smoke and was now also full of alot of water from trying to get the fire out. Spent 5 hours cleaning and drying the interior so you could stand the smell enough to use the car. It also melted the bottom of the tail light assembly... $430

Called the company and sent them pic's of the melted module and the damage to the taillight assembly. Since then they have requested more pic's of car, then pics of the trailer ( that was NOT hooked up at the time) then the report from the fire department, and now they wanted the melted module sent back to them, at my cost, of which I had to go dumpster diving for. And who know what else they will "request"

NEVER but anything from this low rent outfit. All I wanted was a refund and the cost of a new taillight assembly, I'd put it in so no labor, no charge for the cleaning of the car, no charge for the inconvience or the fact that my 3 year old son is now scared to get in his moms car, no charge for the hacking my wife has been doing for the last week from the ascidy smoke that has aggravated her asthma.

What ever happened to doing the right thing for a customer??? They SUCK!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

Re: NEVER EVER buy from hitchfinder or Cequent Performance Products

when somebody jacks me i give them a black eye!

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Arlingt...eviewContainer
    give them a poor rating

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.