SRX or MKX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX or MKX in Cadillac SRX Forums; It's time to replace the 2002 Escalade and downsize to a smaller SUV. I checked out both the 2013 SRX ...
    genovet is offline Cadillac Owners Member

SRX or MKX

It's time to replace the 2002 Escalade and downsize to a smaller SUV. I checked out both the 2013 SRX and MKX at the Philadelphia Auto Show and liked them both but I haven't yet driven either. Curious to hear comments from those that have looked at and driven both.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Re: SRX or MKX

We just traded a 2009 MKX in on a new SRX Performance and I can tell you the difference is night and day. Both cars are similarly equipped (the reason we purchased the Performance model) and it will depend on the feel you are after. The SRX definitely has a more car like feel while the MKX has a more truck like feel. Both of these vehicles are primarily driven by my wife every day and she really liked the MKX but she loves the SRX. The ride is better on the SRX and there is less road noise with the SRX. The only down size of the SRX is it is a little smaller, but if you are downsizing to begin with it really won't be that much more noticeable. The one really negative I can say about the MKX and Lincoln in general, the dealerships in our area (of which there are two) are not really technology literate. There was an update for the Sync in our MKX and they didn't even know how to obtain the update let alone how to load it. I just told them to just let it go....I would rather have a system that worked then a brick that just road around in the dash. Talking to the salesman and the service manager, I have no doubt that that will not be a problem with the Cadillac.

hsfbfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Looked at '11 models in both cars when we were shopping. Liked them both probably equally well. Found the Cadillac we liked before the MKX we liked. If it had been in the other order, we would probably be driving and MKX. Buy what you like best and go. Can't go wrong either way IMHO.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

When we bought our 2012 SRX I looked at a number of cars including the MKX. When I compare cars I always look at KBB (Kelly Blue Book) to see what the short and long term depreciation is on each model. If you buy an MKX just make sure you like it because the depreciated value of it drops like a rock when compared to other crossover SUV's. We've been very happy with our SRX, I'm sure you'll like either the SRX or the MKX.
    Bill

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

@genovet, I’ve had the chance to test drive both the 2012 Cadillac SRX and the 2012 Lincoln MKX. In all honesty, I enjoyed the Cadillac SRX much more as I really felt safe in the vehicle with the way everything seemed to be within reach and wrapped around me.

You might like the fact that the 2013 Cadillac SRX provides the owner with the choice of using gasoline or Ethanol fuels. The SRX has 308 hp @6800rpms. The engine in the Cadillac is direct injection compared to the electronic fuel injection of the MKX.

We offer daytime running lights standard on the Cadillac which is a wonderful safety feature. Rainsense front wipers are also standard in which the MKX has the available.

The SRX has a 21 gallon fuel tank compared to the 18 gallon tank of the MKX.

The warranties are comparable, but we also provide a rust warranty for 4 yours or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

If you would like assistance scheduling a test drive please, let us know.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service assisting Katie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.