2013 SRX: Ordering soon...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 SRX: Ordering soon... in Cadillac SRX Forums; First off, a Big Thank You to everyone for the wealth of information and helpful contributions here. This is a ...
    vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Smile 2013 SRX: Ordering soon...

First off, a Big Thank You to everyone for the wealth of information and helpful contributions here. This is a wonderful user community. It is also nice to have a moderator from Canada in house. I can see that's a great help with Canadian specific issues.

I have never owned a Cadillac but I do have another GM vehicle - 2009 Buick Enclave CXL FWD. I started browsing this forum some time ago to learn about the 2013 SRX. Then, it was on my shortlist of choices to replace the Enclave. Now, I have made the decision and am planning to order an AWD Premium in Platinum Ice/Ebony after the Toronto auto show. (The reason being there is a $500 rebate coupon for attending the show).

So far I have found answers to most of my questions re: the SRX here - without even asking one! And then for some that I did not know to ask in the first place!!! I am sure I will have some new ones in the coming months though. At the same time, I will be glad to provide answers I know of for questions others may have.

If I am not mistaken, I read that there are some members who either had owned or currently own the Enclave here. I would like to hear your views and opinions on transitioning to SRX from Enclave.

Once again,

Cheers!
    2011SRXMo and 2011SRXMo like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: 2013 SRX: Ordering soon...

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    ... If I am not mistaken, I read that there are some members who either had owned or currently own the Enclave here. I would like to hear your views and opinions on transitioning to SRX from Enclave.
    Ah yes ... I am one member who had previously owned 2 FWD Enclaves before I decided that I didn't really need three rows of seats and such a large vehicle anymore. I certainly enjoyed the Enclave for it had a very smooth ride and a very comfortable and spacious interior.

I just decided that I wanted to downsize so I went looking for a new ride that I could enjoy as much as my Buick Enclave. I researched a little more and found the new GEN II Cadillac SRX just hitting the market in 2009. I loved the new bolder and angular styling so I decided I wanted to try one out. The first year had some growing pains for there were a couple recalls and a minor issue with a couple of trim pieces that fell off. However, that did not deter me from wanting another SRX. Now that I am in my 3rd SRX I can honestly say that I am very pleased with my 2013 Performance model with all the new safety features and enhancements.

Just a heads up, it might take a little while for you to get use to the smaller footprint but once you have driven the SRX for a while I believe you too will be "extremely" happy with your first SRX.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Welcome to a fellow Canadian!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    Ah yes ... I am one member who had previously owned 2 FWD Enclaves before I decided that I didn't really need three rows of seats and such a large vehicle anymore. I certainly enjoyed the Enclave for it had a very smooth ride and a very comfortable and spacious interior.

I just decided that I wanted to downsize so I went looking for a new ride that I could enjoy as much as my Buick Enclave. I researched a little more and found the new GEN II Cadillac SRX just hitting the market in 2009. I loved the new bolder and angular styling so I decided I wanted to try one out. The first year had some growing pains for there were a couple recalls and a minor issue with a couple of trim pieces that fell off. However, that did not deter me from wanting another SRX. Now that I am in my 3rd SRX I can honestly say that I am very pleased with my 2013 Performance model with all the new safety features and enhancements.

Just a heads up, it might take a little while for you to get use to the smaller footprint but once you have driven the SRX for a while I believe you too will be "extremely" happy with your first SRX.
    Thanks for the insight, Marc!

Yes, the smaller footprint has it pros AND cons. I realized it during my two test drives of the SRX. But like you said, I too am positive I will be very happy with the SRX.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Welcome to a fellow Canadian!
    Thanks, Captain!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

vi2k13,
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new SRX (I know it's still in the works - but exciting nonetheless!). Katie and I may not be able to answer all questions you have as you're writing from Canada, so if you should need Customer Service for any reason (which we hope doesn't happen!) don't hesitate to give GM of Canada a call at 888-446-2000 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    vi2k13,
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new SRX (I know it's still in the works - but exciting nonetheless!). Katie and I may not be able to answer all questions you have as you're writing from Canada, so if you should need Customer Service for any reason (which we hope doesn't happen!) don't hesitate to give GM of Canada a call at 888-446-2000 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service
    Thanks for the welcome and the info, Sarah!

I wish there was a representative for Canada available in these forums.

Before I call up the Customer Care number you gave, do you know off hand if the progress of a Canadian factory order can be tracked?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

We can give it a shot! Do you have an order number?
    Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    We can give it a shot! Do you have an order number?
    Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service
    Hi Sarah, no I have not ordered yet since I am waiting for a rebate coupon from the auto show. Can I PM/email you once I knopw the details?

Thanks.

The guy who order's the vehicles at your dealership has the ability to track the order. Aside from that, I can't help you.
    I did that for my 2010 I ordered, and then they notified me when my '13 was built.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Hey Captain! Tell us about this new 13, color, options? I can guarantee you that you will love it. Ours is night and day different from the 10 and we liked it.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Hey Captain! Tell us about this new 13, color, options? I can guarantee you that you will love it. Ours is night and day different from the 10 and we liked it.
    I will second that!

Oh yea, it's another Premium Collection in Platinum Ice Metallic with the V Series rims, Light Titanium Interior, Driver Assist package, and RSE. No option I didn't check off!

Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

We got the Radiant silver this time. If we had gotten another Platiumn Ice, nobody would have know we had a new car ha ha We love the titanium interior. I assume yours will come with the really dark wood like ours did. It is certainly different than the regular saple wood, and we really like it.

Yea, I'm excited to see how nice the new Raven Sapelle Wood is!

Thumbs up Ordered!

The salesman informed me that my SRX was ordered today.

And now... the wait begins.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.