Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2013 SRX: Ordering soon...

11K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  cadillac 31 
#1 ·
First off, a Big Thank You to everyone for the wealth of information and helpful contributions here. This is a wonderful user community.:2thumbs: It is also nice to have a moderator from Canada in house.:cool: I can see that's a great help with Canadian specific issues.

I have never owned a Cadillac but I do have another GM vehicle - 2009 Buick Enclave CXL FWD. I started browsing this forum some time ago to learn about the 2013 SRX. Then, it was on my shortlist of choices to replace the Enclave. Now, I have made the decision and am planning to order an AWD Premium in Platinum Ice/Ebony after the Toronto auto show. (The reason being there is a $500 rebate coupon for attending the show).:excited:

So far I have found answers to most of my questions re: the SRX here - without even asking one! And then for some that I did not know to ask in the first place!!! I am sure I will have some new ones in the coming months though. At the same time, I will be glad to provide answers I know of for questions others may have.

If I am not mistaken, I read that there are some members who either had owned or currently own the Enclave here. I would like to hear your views and opinions on transitioning to SRX from Enclave.

Once again, :thankyou:

Cheers!

See less See more
#2 ·
... If I am not mistaken, I read that there are some members who either had owned or currently own the Enclave here. I would like to hear your views and opinions on transitioning to SRX from Enclave.
Ah yes ... I am one member who had previously owned 2 FWD Enclaves before I decided that I didn't really need three rows of seats and such a large vehicle anymore. I certainly enjoyed the Enclave for it had a very smooth ride and a very comfortable and spacious interior.

I just decided that I wanted to downsize so I went looking for a new ride that I could enjoy as much as my Buick Enclave. I researched a little more and found the new GEN II Cadillac SRX just hitting the market in 2009. I loved the new bolder and angular styling so I decided I wanted to try one out. The first year had some growing pains for there were a couple recalls and a minor issue with a couple of trim pieces that fell off. However, that did not deter me from wanting another SRX. Now that I am in my 3rd SRX I can honestly say that I am very pleased with my 2013 Performance model with all the new safety features and enhancements.

Just a heads up, it might take a little while for you to get use to the smaller footprint but once you have driven the SRX for a while I believe you too will be "extremely" happy with your first SRX. :D

#4 ·
Ah yes ... I am one member who had previously owned 2 FWD Enclaves before I decided that I didn't really need three rows of seats and such a large vehicle anymore. I certainly enjoyed the Enclave for it had a very smooth ride and a very comfortable and spacious interior.

I just decided that I wanted to downsize so I went looking for a new ride that I could enjoy as much as my Buick Enclave. I researched a little more and found the new GEN II Cadillac SRX just hitting the market in 2009. I loved the new bolder and angular styling so I decided I wanted to try one out. The first year had some growing pains for there were a couple recalls and a minor issue with a couple of trim pieces that fell off. However, that did not deter me from wanting another SRX. Now that I am in my 3rd SRX I can honestly say that I am very pleased with my 2013 Performance model with all the new safety features and enhancements.

Just a heads up, it might take a little while for you to get use to the smaller footprint but once you have driven the SRX for a while I believe you too will be "extremely" happy with your first SRX. :D
Thanks for the insight, Marc!

Yes, the smaller footprint has it pros AND cons. I realized it during my two test drives of the SRX. But like you said, I too am positive I will be very happy with the SRX.

Welcome to a fellow Canadian! :D
Thanks, Captain!

#5 ·
vi2k13,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new SRX (I know it's still in the works - but exciting nonetheless!). Katie and I may not be able to answer all questions you have as you're writing from Canada, so if you should need Customer Service for any reason (which we hope doesn't happen!) don't hesitate to give GM of Canada a call at 888-446-2000 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the info, Sarah!

I wish there was a representative for Canada available in these forums.

Before I call up the Customer Care number you gave, do you know off hand if the progress of a Canadian factory order can be tracked?

#9 ·
The guy who order's the vehicles at your dealership has the ability to track the order. Aside from that, I can't help you.
I did that for my 2010 I ordered, and then they notified me when my '13 was built.

#12 ·
Oh yea, it's another Premium Collection in Platinum Ice Metallic with the V Series rims, Light Titanium Interior, Driver Assist package, and RSE. No option I didn't check off! :D

#13 ·
We got the Radiant silver this time. If we had gotten another Platiumn Ice, nobody would have know we had a new car ha ha We love the titanium interior. I assume yours will come with the really dark wood like ours did. It is certainly different than the regular saple wood, and we really like it.

#16 ·
Does anybody have a pic of raven sapale wood? Is that a premium only option?. So far I have priced base, luxury and performance. Did not see raven as a option.

----------

Never mind. It requires the light titanium interior. I'm looking towards the darker interior colors.

#18 ·
We have a 2010 SRX AWD and 2012 Enclave AWD, driven primarily by my wife. We love them both, but I do enjoy the Enclave seats more than the SRX. Others have written that 2013 SRX has improved seating and you should enjoy the power of the 3.6 engine as well. I will say the SRX AWD is a Better performer in the snow and ice here in southeatern Wisconsin. I also do not need three rows of seats to run my daily errands, but the Enclave is handy when kids come with the grandchildren. I know you will love the SRX.

#19 ·
Thanks, e004698!

Based on limited time spent on SRX test drives, I tend to agree with you on the seats of Enclave. We too do not need 3 rows of seats and that's one of the reasons going for a smaller vehicle.

Glad to hear the assurance that I will love the the SRX from someone who has both vehicles. Again based on brief experience with it, I feel the same.

Cheers!

#21 · (Edited)
Hey guys kinda bummed out got me a 2012 luxury about 6 months fully paid for ... Now the techie in me wants cue so any one got an in depth review 2012 vs 2013 is the cue really worth it how... Does lane departure and blind side really work are they worth the xtra money
I have owned both versions, a 2012 and now a 2013 SRX ... and is the CUE worth getting? A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y! :thumbsup:

As far as the new "Driver Awareness" package is it worth the extra money? YES most D-E-F-E-N-I-T-E-L-Y! :rockon:

If you are at Techie and like smart phones then you will definitely love the new high tech CUE and with all it's custom screens and programmability too. The new NAV is awesome too and it's screen is a lot more vibrant and interactive also. I won't go into an "in-depth" review of the CUE here because there is a special forum just dedicated to the all new CUE and how it functions.

As far as the new Lane departure feature ... it works wonderfully and if I had a choice I would get that great feature in every vehicle I purchase in the future ... PERIOD! The Blind Side alert has been out for awhile now and again once you have it you will rely on it all the time to help you decide if and when you are going to make your lane change. There are two other great features also in that package that you can't leave out of the conversation here. That is the "Cross Traffic" alert system that will help detect vehicles approaching you from a distance to be able to give you a couple of seconds warning when a vehicle is about to cross your path as you are backing out. That feature has saved me a few times already when I was parked next to a much larger vehicle when I was pulling out of my driveway and in a parking lot too. The last feature is the "Front Collision Avoidance" feature which also vibrates your seat and flashes a rapid set of red LEDs onto your lower windshield if a vehicle in front of you brakes extremely fast or you might be heading quickly onto a much slower moving vehicle and or parked car.

This was the best $495.00 US money I have ever spent on a vehicle that includes all those awesome and latest new Safety features to date! IMO: GM should make the "Driver Awareness" package standard or at least made available on every new vehicle they make in the future.

#24 · (Edited)
Max. my 2013 back up camera does seem better to me but again that might be due in part to the new CUE screen which appears to be more vibrant to me than my previous SRXs screens. I have noticed variations between back-up cameras within identical models and within the same MY (Model Year) too.

BTW: I recently test drove a two new CTS's one camera was good and the other one's back-up camera was super "washed-out" and had a yellow hue in all of the bright areas and the camera was aimed way too low as well, I could barely even see out of it properly. :mad:

#26 · (Edited)
The $2,395.00 Driver Assist pkg. was not available at the time I ordered my SRX. It is really a matter of personal preference. If you have the extra cash and would like to have all the goodies then I would say go for it. However, if you decide to only get one option I definitely recommend getting the Driver Awareness pkg. To me that is the best option you can get for your money at only $495.00 US! I absolutely love those four seperate added safety features! I would not want to own another vehicle without that package in it. :)

#30 ·
Don't blame you, the Driver Awareness package is really great. I find myself checking the mirrors all the time for something in my blind spot, and I didn't realize how often I get very close to or cross one of the lane line markers. Only had the collision alarm go off once, but the combination of both sides of the seat thumping and a red light flashing on the windshield will get your attention. Keep looking, you will find the perfect new 13 SRX

#36 ·
Gray Flannel Metallic is available on the 2013 SRX. My soon-to-be delivered S013 SRX Premium is going to be Gray Flannel Metallic. The dealership promised delivery in 6-8 weeks, but in my case it's going to be just over 5 weeks.

FYI, you can look at SRX color, wheel, interior, and other options at the Cadillac web site http://www.cadillac.com/srx-luxury-crossover.html. You can build your own SRX and get an idea of what it will look like and what the MSRP will be. If it's convenient for you, I suggest that you take some time to stop by a dealership to get a look in person!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.