Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2013 SRX: Ordering soon...

11K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  cadillac 31 
#1 ·
First off, a Big Thank You to everyone for the wealth of information and helpful contributions here. This is a wonderful user community.:2thumbs: It is also nice to have a moderator from Canada in house.:cool: I can see that's a great help with Canadian specific issues.

I have never owned a Cadillac but I do have another GM vehicle - 2009 Buick Enclave CXL FWD. I started browsing this forum some time ago to learn about the 2013 SRX. Then, it was on my shortlist of choices to replace the Enclave. Now, I have made the decision and am planning to order an AWD Premium in Platinum Ice/Ebony after the Toronto auto show. (The reason being there is a $500 rebate coupon for attending the show).:excited:

So far I have found answers to most of my questions re: the SRX here - without even asking one! And then for some that I did not know to ask in the first place!!! I am sure I will have some new ones in the coming months though. At the same time, I will be glad to provide answers I know of for questions others may have.

If I am not mistaken, I read that there are some members who either had owned or currently own the Enclave here. I would like to hear your views and opinions on transitioning to SRX from Enclave.

Once again, :thankyou:

Cheers!

See less See more
#40 ·
well since i can't order gray flannel dealer have a black ice metallic on floor [said i will never buy a black car again years ago]...but as the saying goes never say never....so i will be picking it up today,,on the bright side i won't have to wait but probably a lot of cleaning to do now

#43 ·
I also agree with previous 2 comments...the Black Ice Metallic looks great, but it will require a lot of maintenance to keep it that way. After my post last night, I thought that it was odd that Cadillac would stop selling a certain color. You might want to get back to your dealer for a clarification. If he's sticking to his story about Gray Flannel Metallic not being available, I'd try to negotiate getting the Black Ice Metallic for no charge, as it's normally $495.

#44 ·
haha i thought the same thing im not that easy i did call gm customer service as mentioned in one of my previous posts they patched me through to a cadillac representative as it turned out they stopped taking gray flannel orders....she said no reason was given by gm but gray flannel is done....and yes dealer did a search they found gray flannel but mostly in luxury which i wanted performance they even got me a gray flannel performance but when i went to pick up it didnt have the package i wanted there mistake so for my troubles yes i didnt have to pay for the color and the chrome rims ....also i was working with 2 dealers trying to earn my business ...and my dealer was still willing to order for me but i just didnt want any of the other colors so it wasnt like he was trying to sell me what on the lot it was my choice....im a silver guy but just dont like silver srx dont know why...and the wrong gray flannel they bought for which i could have gotten for a steal sold yesterday but i just didnt want to settle without package i wanted

----------

yes i know i will have work lol my 12 gray flannel in my driveway rain snow and still looks clean thats why i loved that color ahh well let the waxing begin...still cant wait

#47 ·
This made me nervous because I ordered my 2013 SRX last Thursday, the 21st. I ordered it in Gray Flannel, and so after reading this, I just called my dealership and told them about your experience. He checked and said the order went through fine and was in progress, so now I'm thoroughly confused. I'm at 50% confidence I'll actually get it in that color, and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and for them to call back and tell me there was a mistake. Fingers crossed!

#46 ·
just for the record upon further investigation for 2013 models xenon blue......... evolution green ..... gray flannel ....cant be ordered at this time....spoke to marketing dept...there is a cutoff period for 2013 models when ordering 4 wks before april 5....to order those colors ...he also said they may come back for 2014 models and i could wait for 14 models but hes not sure which colors would come back if they come back

----------

..hey marc sweet you wanna switch lol...how did you like your previous black ice looks like im stuck with that color

#49 ·
Hey kaewards good luck to you .. With your color i called 3 times to make sure its what they told me .its my understand that 2014 may be able to get those colors but production for 2013 may be wrapping up thats what i think i get from the representative..i settled for the black metallic ice it came with chrome rims great deal for my troubles.. And i must say im loving it .. Sweeeeet i understand the cleaning issues with black you know what it aint that serious ...

#50 ·
Picked up the car yesterday - 5.5 weeks after the order was placed. As most here agree, this really is a nice vehicle.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...s-your-new-2nd-generation-23.html#post3270408

Unfortunately, storing memory seat position does not on ours - somewhat disappointing. I followed instructions on the manual as well as in this post in CUE Forum but neither works: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...problems-suggestions-march-3.html#post3265616

Someone else reported memory seats getting disabled after the latest CUE update which mine has from the factory:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...problems-suggestions-march-2.html#post3264902

Anyone else has this issue with the new CUE update? I am planning to take it back to the dealer on Tuesday.

#52 ·
Unfortunately, storing memory seat position does not on ours - somewhat disappointing. I followed instructions on the manual as well as in this post in CUE Forum but neither works: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...problems-suggestions-march-3.html#post3265616
Hmmm i just got mine with update here is what i had to do though to save my seat setting i had to open the door meaning i sat in car did all my settings tried to save nothing happen so i open the door pressed the buttons and it saved... And i had to do it twice to set one remote with my lady settings so one for me one for her it worked for me that way dont understand how but im not gonna complain
Thanks for reporting back, cadillac 31.

The dealer tech found out the memory issue in my car was unrelated to CUE update. It was a loose connector and was fixed fairly easily and quickly. All is good now.

#51 ·
Hmmm i just got mine with update here is what i had to do though to save my seat setting i had to open the door meaning i sat in car did all my settings tried to save nothing happen so i open the door pressed the buttons and it saved... And i had to do it twice to set one remote with my lady settings so one for me one for her it worked for me that way dont understand how but im not gonna complain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.