SRX = kinda cheap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By quantex
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX = kinda cheap in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have had several Caddys, love my STS's and Escalade's were sweet. This thing is a dissapointment. I did get ...
    shimy86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

SRX = kinda cheap

I have had several Caddys, love my STS's and Escalade's were sweet. This thing is a dissapointment. I did get they luxury model ( my mistake) but geez. The headlight low beams SUCK, the memory seat if a far cry from other models, STS and EXT remembered you from key fob and had a programable exit position, this piece of $hit has an on or off, one position only exit option and you need to hold the button for driver memory. Floor mats are Wal-mart quality at best. Front seats are only heated, no cooling feature. Could have gotten more for my money with a "lesser" brand. Wise up Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: SRX = kinda cheap

My first thought is why did you buy it then? The lights and cooled seats could be had on the premium package. The SRX is only behind the RX 350 in sales in this class, so a lot of people are disagreeing with you.

Also, the remote memory setting can be turned on and off, so in reality, you can have four memory seating saved (the 1 and 2 button, and each remote).

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by shimy86 View Post
    I have had several Caddys, love my STS's and Escalade's were sweet. This thing is a dissapointment. I did get they luxury model ( my mistake) but geez. The headlight low beams SUCK, the memory seat if a far cry from other models, STS and EXT remembered you from key fob and had a programable exit position, this piece of $hit has an on or off, one position only exit option and you need to hold the button for driver memory. Floor mats are Wal-mart quality at best. Front seats are only heated, no cooling feature. Could have gotten more for my money with a "lesser" brand. Wise up Cadillac
    In your own words "... I have had several Caddys ... and were sweet." Since you have owned several Caddy rides before this SRX purchase, I am kinda surprised that you didn't do some extra research and at least do some extensive test driving of the new SRX before your purchased it. I believe if you would have checked out the top two levels of the SRX either the Performance model or the Premium model you would have found some of those upscale features that you were definitely wanting. Yes, it is hard when you have enjoyed previous options that you liked so much before and then find out they are not on your newest ride. I am on my 3rd SRX in 4 years and I was very happy with all my SRXs especially now with my latest SRX!

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

I own two. Let's face it. All cars are being made with cheap shit. Hey, you could of gotten a Jeep GC with all that, but then again you wouldn't own the road as you do with a Caddy.
    Jake2010 and Jake2010 like this.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

If all you have to complain about are the low beams, memory seats, and floor mats, consider yourself very fortunate to own a Cadillac. Every car is a tradeoff of some kind. You can't have it all unless you buy a Veyron or spend $300K

Geez, cheap floor mats? Now I've heard it all.

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

Floor Mats.....Look....go to Costco, and for 20 bucks you can change out fresh mats twice a year and still save money. Their mats rock.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I paid over $200 for Lloyds custom mats for the font and back of my SRX. It truly is a pity we've come to this in a vehicle that cost over $40K. This was my first, and last Caddy. So much for buying American. I'm all about helping those who help themselves but if this is the best Americans can do, I'll give the Japanese another whirl. My last Japanese vehicle lasted me 10 years and I never had even one warranty issue. I bought the SRX out of boredom with driving the same thing, not because I had to rid myself of a problem. Granted, it wasn't as electronically advanced as this Caddy but if you're going to put electronics in a car, make it work right from the get-go or get rid of it! I work for a financial company on stock trading software. When our software causes a customer to lose any money, we pay them for the loss. What's more, they don't pay for the use of our software! The software in the 2010 SRX has been pitiful and I can't recount the number of times I've had to have an "upgrade".

GM opened an office in Austin, TX, my home. I went to a job fair where they were one of the vendors. I stopped by their booth and it was scantily occupied and I was told to give them my resume and talked briefly with a rep. I later got a call from a GM person about setting up an interview for a senior manager position. Senior manager position?! I never said a word to them about a role like this. I don't want to be a professional babysitter. I never called back. If they are so out of touch with reality they can't even figure out you're not looking for a manager job, I'm scared of how they even produce cars at all.

<steps down off of soap box> LOL!!

Cb4h is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thought I would chime in and again please take the old saying of "opinions are like armpits we all have them, and some stink". This is only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. This is my first American "luxury" car I have ever owned. I have had in my past a 2002 530i bmw, 2006 BMW Z4, 08 Infiniti G37 Coupe, 10 MB GLK350, and my previous car was a 2010 328i coupe. I loved all these cars, with the exception of the Infinit, nice car but NOT WORTH THE PRICE. All these cars were premiumly equipped, and I definitely prefer the way the germans do their options very ala carte. Anyway, sorry for rambling, I decided this time when I wanted a crossover SUV that I wanted the most bang for my buck. I loved BMW but I despise the X3 and wasnt going to pay the price of a new X5 when the change is right around the corner. Hence, entre the SRX. I love this car, I have the 2012 Performance edition, and I can say the only thing I would change is not being able to buy options I really wanted without stepping up to the higher levels. For instance, I would love to have the cooled seats and the heated seats in the back, but I was not going to pay for a premium model, when from the outside the Performance and the Premium look exactly the same.

I also, love the SRX in that it has many of the techy things that I love, whereas my only complaint of my BMWs was they were not as advanced as some of the competitors. Flaw I have noticed is the finishes arent quite up to par with the Mercedes IMO.

Finally, I personally love the Caddy Dealer that i bought the car from, but I despise the original cadillac dealer I stopped at. I felt I was treated like complete trash, and basically I will just say the GM of that dealer tried to put on a hussle. Anyway, in some I see no problem with the SRX in the higher levels such as the performance and the premium. To add in my experience the entry levels of any luxury brand have room for improvement. Brings to mind the saying, "gotta pay to play".

GM corporate i am sure is a completely different animal, as unfortunately they cater to a different client than just cadillac

Thanks and again just my 2 cents

warnercc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I paid over $200 for Lloyds custom mats for the font and back of my SRX. It truly is a pity we've come to this in a vehicle that cost over $40K. This was my first, and last Caddy. So much for buying American. I'm all about helping those who help themselves but if this is the best Americans can do, I'll give the Japanese another whirl. My last Japanese vehicle lasted me 10 years and I never had even one warranty issue. I bought the SRX out of boredom with driving the same thing, not because I had to rid myself of a problem. Granted, it wasn't as electronically advanced as this Caddy but if you're going to put electronics in a car, make it work right from the get-go or get rid of it! I work for a financial company on stock trading software. When our software causes a customer to lose any money, we pay them for the loss. What's more, they don't pay for the use of our software! The software in the 2010 SRX has been pitiful and I can't recount the number of times I've had to have an "upgrade".

GM opened an office in Austin, TX, my home. I went to a job fair where they were one of the vendors. I stopped by their booth and it was scantily occupied and I was told to give them my resume and talked briefly with a rep. I later got a call from a GM person about setting up an interview for a senior manager position. Senior manager position?! I never said a word to them about a role like this. I don't want to be a professional babysitter. I never called back. If they are so out of touch with reality they can't even figure out you're not looking for a manager job, I'm scared of how they even produce cars at all.

<steps down off of soap box> LOL!!
    We had a Lincoln MKX that we just traded on the SRX and all I can say is feel fortunate that the Cadillac dealer was able to do the software upgrades that you wanted/needed...that is more than I can say the Lincoln dealership was able to do for us. I do agree about the cheap floor mats, but at least that is something easily remedied.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.